The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender augment

There are so many male or female frames. Some don't even look very gendered. These techno/virus/metal mind controlled suits are sexless anyway so... 

With bigger more impactful discussions like IPS, universal vacuum etc... I can't ever see DE worrying about this. It would take a crazy amount work too. Sorry

10 minutes ago, Dreddeth said:

Basically, you want DE to design and animate 2 complete and separate models for every 1 set of abilities.

That's a lot of work for basically no payoff. My advice is to be less insecure about your own identity and just enjoy the damn frame.

Speaking from my experience with TERA, if you get too hung up on your character's gender, you're not gonna have a good time at all compared to playing a character/class for their actual kit. If I were so insistent on playing only characters of my own gender, I'd have never discovered how fun Gunners, Ninjas, Brawlers, and Valkyries were, and as far as this game is concerned I'd be stuck playing one third as many Warframes as I do now.

I should check TERA again >.<

2 hours ago, (PS4)MARXIANapparel said:

A farmable dojo fashion augment that allows a cosmetic gender change for a frame.

I'm not sure about a farmable one ,I could see if they sold one  like the deluxe skins, to test the waters they could run a survey or preorder to see people's interest so no loss on there investment ,who knows it could be real profitable for um.

I would buy a female version of rhino or male version of ember  ,would be neat.

Edit

Found video of male ember

Edited by Guest
video

1 minute ago, Postal_pat said:

Aside from what people have said, putting such a switch behind either a grind or pay wall is generally considered a bad move. People that really want to play as their preferrend gender hate the idea of it being locked behind something.

That's true ,didn't think of that .

Yeah I could see people getting riled up over that.

1 hour ago, Dreddeth said:

Basically, you want DE to design and animate 2 complete and separate models for every 1 set of abilities.

That's a lot of work for basically no payoff. My advice is to be less insecure about your own identity and just enjoy the damn frame.

Speaking from my experience with TERA, if you get too hung up on your character's gender, you're not gonna have a good time at all compared to playing a character/class for their actual kit. If I were so insistent on playing only characters of my own gender, I'd have never discovered how fun Gunners, Ninjas, Brawlers, and Valkyries were, and as far as this game is concerned I'd be stuck playing one third as many Warframes as I do now.

I hv all the frames it would be nice to run frames visually different, just another fashion frame. They could hv us pay for a mod slot...id would for all my frames just for the deversity. All the frames are based on excal anyway so dont be fooled its not that hrd or a stretch for this feature. This is DE after all. He"ll they spent all that time on a bs war rm at least lets make use of it now with this type of content. Take my plat but also hv a way for other players to farm it. Mastery rnk players could use this...some time the opposite gender design wrks better and would encourage that purchase and not a total over hall just the model.

Hi !

(I'm sorry for my bad english I'm not a native speaker ^^')

Please people, can you stop using the word "gender" for biological characteristics ? For many people it's offensive. The word "gender" is more used for social roles or gender identity nowadays.

I'm really sorry to bother you with that (seriously).

Edited by ScarlettXZ

26 minutes ago, ScarlettXZ said:

Hi !

(I'm sorry for my bad english I'm not a native speaker ^^')

Please people, can you stop using the word "gender" for biological characteristics ? For many people it's offensive. The word "gender" is more used for social roles or gender identity nowadays.

I'm really sorry to bother you with that (seriously).

Honestly, I'm not sure what would work to describe them. Warframes are technically genderless and sexless. They don't have genitalia, and they don't have a gender identity.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Minago2 said:

I'm not sure about a farmable one ,I could see if they sold one  like the deluxe skins, to test the waters they could run a survey or preorder to see people's interest so no loss on there investment ,who knows it could be real profitable for um.

I would buy a female version of rhino or male version of ember  ,would be neat.

Edit

Found video of male ember

See simple as this....by any means this would be awesome. Diversity is the spice of life.

9 hours ago, (PS4)MARXIANapparel said:

See simple as this....by any means this would be awesome. Diversity is the spice of life.

It's not SIMPLE!

Just like in real life where people wants to change genders, it's not simple. You need surgery and money.
Except in terms to modelling for a game content, it can take months to finish one warframe, and a lot of time poured unto it when DE could have finish their sacrifice mission, or other planned content instead.

I'm a beginner at 3D modelling and I asked my Tutor that have 10+ years in gaming industry and this is the answer
"If the game is finish and there is no new content coming, then yes. Otherwise, the developers will have to put hold of their planned contents to spend time doing the gender change for their characters. Which means, players / users will start falling due to lack of content".

By all means I'm not bashing you, but this is the reason DE simply said no when the topic was asked before.

In the name of fashionframe; yes please. 

Well, to the concept of swapable skins that change things up not so much an augment locked behind clans.  We have TennoGen, so DE doesn't really need to do all the work y'all are complaining about. 

Il y a 1 heure, NZ_CodeBlue a dit :

Just like in real life where people wants to change genders, it's not simple. You need surgery and money.

You don't necessarily need surgery.

Girls too can have a p***s, you know.

Your Tenno transgurl 💜 

On 1/6/2018 at 1:23 PM, (PS4)MARXIANapparel said:

A farmable dojo fashion augment that allows a cosmetic gender change for a frame.

Sorry but this won't happen.  DE has said no multiple times.

And the reason is because of the sheer amount of extra work that they would have to put into it.

Honestly the work is better invested if they just make an entirely new warframe then just making a new model and skeleton and then having to create a copy of every skin to apply to the other gender version of the frame.
Even if we're just talking DE skins here we have 34 frames (soon to be 35), 19 prime frames, 17 deluxe skins, 18 immortal skins, and then the platform exclusive warframe skins that would need to be redone in order to to work on both genders of a frame, and in quite a few cases re-rigging of some cosmetic attachments and syandana flows would also need to be redone.
That's an insane amount of work for DE to do, and all for little benefit, and most likely not that much money in the end.
And if DE didn't do that then you would have enough people throwing a fit about how they can't have a Female Irakala Nekros, or some other skin that they use all the time, and we don't need more drama on the forums over that can of worms.

DE would rather just make a similarly themed frame of a different gender with different abilities as that will make the most people happy and be the best use of their time and effort.

This would drastically increase the amount of work and time it takes to create a new frame or skin.
And for what ROI?   How much would DE really stand to make off of all that extra work?

In order to keep a comparable ROI skin prices would have to jump, significantly, in order to account for all of the extra time spent making the skins.

So please tell me: Why should DE spend so much time and effort (that would mostly be ignorred by the majority of the playerbase) on creating alternate genders for each and every warframe, when they can instead spend that time and effort creating new warframes with new abilities and new ways to  play?

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure DE Scott said at one point that they would rather put their efforts towards creating entirety new frames even if they have a similar theme to a previous one. Basically if they where to make an alternate gender to a frame they may as well just make a new one.

21 hours ago, (PS4)MARXIANapparel said:

The arrogance of your responses is matched only by such an asinine request you could've even come up with. 

DE's been over this before. But you'd rather they stop ALL progress, cancel all missions, cancel all systems and departments of progression, prime access packs, new releases, new content, new endgame material, a brand new pre-broken damage 2.5 system just for something as small as this to fit your "spice of life" agenda?

Brilliant. Absolutely, brilliant.

You should consider being CEO of DE.

giphy.gif

/s aside -

N o .

Now get this bs out of WF threads until you have something useful to contribute.

Edited by Prime-Ares

1 hour ago, Prime-Ares said:

The arrogance of your responses is matched only by such an asinine request you could've even come up with. 

DE's been over this before. But you'd rather they stop ALL progress, cancel all missions, cancel all systems and departments of progression, prime access packs, new releases, new content, new endgame material, a brand new pre-broken damage 2.5 system just for something as small as this to fit your "spice of life" agenda?

Brilliant. Absolutely, brilliant.

You should consider being CEO of DE.

giphy.gif

/s aside -

N o .

Now get this bs out of WF threads until you have something useful to contribute.

Chill out dude. I'm against it too, but you have to chill out.

look they can't just slap %&#036;# on rhino and call it a day

creating models is lots and i mean LOTS of work, let alone doing it for every single frame not counting their prime counterparts

not to mention they'll have to create animations befitting the rule63'd frames since there'd be an outrage if people were still forced to buy male animations to make their male frames act like a male

and the effort they put into creating alt models could've been used for, you know, making a completely new frame, which is what happened with excal/nyx