Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Rebecca..Can we not unvault Frost and Ember please. Nyx, Loki and Volt instead please.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

The holidays are well over, so can we please change what's getting unvaulted. This will be the 3rd time in a row Frost has been unvaulted around this time. Can we not.  

Lets unvault Loki, Nyx and Volt Prime with the following accessories instead:

Misa Prime Sydana, Pyra Prime Sydana, Targis Prime Armor, Edo Prime Armor. 

Thank you. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

The holidays are well over, so can we please change what's getting unvaulted. This will be the 3rd time in a row Frost has been unvaulted around this time. Can we not.  

Lets unvault Loki, Nyx and Volt Prime with the following accessories instead:

Misa Prime Sydana, Pyra Prime Sydana, Targis Prime Armor, Edo Prime Armor. 

Thank you. 

how do u know who they are unvaulting?

2 hours ago, Snib said:

It's a money-maker for DE, that's also why they'll keep milking the Frost/Ember vault while it remains to popular.

Well DE would likely make more money if they didn't vault stuff and left all previous Prime Access available so players could choose one they want, rather than one they may not want only being available. 
By not having them always available means players learn to wait for them or trade plat for parts, neither of which DE really make anything additional on as traded plat once bought can be shuffled around time and time again and DE gain nothing more from that plat.

26 minutes ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

I'm hoping this unvaulted vaulting nonsense gets looked at. I've always been a strong advocate of leaving Prime Warframes always available for purchase. I mean vault the relics leave the Frame for sale. 

It's making DE a lot of money, and they'll have P.V. elitists losing their minds about how they've been slapped in the face because they spent money, and now it's easy for the "common" players to obtain the shinies. 

Sadly, it's here to stay. 

Edited by MagPrime

Yes please. This whole vault situation clearly shows how DE didn't think through the Relic system and Specters of the Rail.

Frost came 2 times now and was free for basically a year on twitch. His only value is Misa being in the bundle to be honest.

Ember is debatable given popularity and only returning once. 

I would like to see a real solution to the vault system and not just dumping more and more primes on top of each other to the point where more frames could be unvaulted then their are current rotated prime access frames. 

I would also like to see Edo Prime but that's just my preference on this.

Sadly I think the Prime Vaults are here to stay. What I would suggest is that DE should start permanently unvaulting frames after they've been unvaulted 2 or 3 times. Otherwise the Prime Vaults are going to be super bloated, and more importantly, the number of vaulted Primes will dwarf the number of available Primes which will be massively off-putting to new players.

7 hours ago, Loswaith said:

Well DE would likely make more money if they didn't vault stuff and left all previous Prime Access available so players could choose one they want, rather than one they may not want only being available. 

Maybe, maybe not. Time limited offers are a well researched marketing tool to generate demand. They do actually work. And I'd assume that DE is carefully comparing prime accessories sale numbers at original introduction vs at unvaulting(s). Not having those numbers myself I really cannot comment.

10 hours ago, Ragingwasabi said:

how do u guys know whats being unvaulted? and what is being unvaulted?

It was in the details of the dev stream 101 post on the website. Ember, Frost, and who?? And Rebecca later confirmed it was Loki on twitter.

14 hours ago, Snib said:

Maybe, maybe not. Time limited offers are a well researched marketing tool to generate demand. They do actually work. And I'd assume that DE is carefully comparing prime accessories sale numbers at original introduction vs at unvaulting(s). Not having those numbers myself I really cannot comment.

Given DE haven't had them always available they would have no comparison to seeing what kind of sales they would make just having them always available, it is not like they require any more storage space.

While most time limited things also have no way to get them other than that specific time (part of why it works) and are rarely under the expectation of being able to get those things at a later time as well (typically having things as a now or never approach, which doesn't teach people to just wait, like the prime system does).

Keep in mind primes aren't exactly time limited (just the cosmetics are) and can actually be gotten at anytime already via relics (something DE figured was worth spending the development time on creating) and thus trading.  I'm sure there are plenty of players that got their primes from relics they would have otherwise purchased had that been an option for them to get the additional parts with it.  Trading clearly shows players are willing to pay for the stuff.

2 minutes ago, Loswaith said:

Keep in mind primes aren't exactly time limited (just the cosmetics are)

I'm kinda assuming that the exclusive accessories are usually the main selling point for prime access but I also don't have the numbers for that. 

And again, a business will generally not lightly decide to make some of their products only temporarily available, typically this is a decision based on numbers. At least I hope it is.