Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Deluxe Skin

Vanille

2 hours ago, Sapphic-Sandra said:

Mesa Prime better have bandoliers and/or a damn poncho so I can have my true chicana 'cow girl' theme. 🔫🔫

Prime Poncho Saydana.

That be dope, as long as her base model is a Gilded Prime full length duster with a high collar with Primed Regulators. And some Prime Spurs that ching ching when you walk. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

So can we please address this DE? Although some people are saying they love it i feel like those don't generally care about the authenticity of it maybe? I do get its a Spanish conquistador or something but it really don't feel like a mesa skin. Also I feel like the artist could do better at expanding on her. In all seriousness look at all the negative comments a lot of people including myself don't like the design of the skin and don't feel like it's Mesa enough at all. Okay another edit to maybe try to explain what I mean. Most deluxe skins makes sense or either look cool. The the deluxe skins that are like easter eggs or are based of what the character are pretty nice,cool. Like Excal proto skin an easter egg of Hayden Tenno, same as Nyx Deluxe. Banshee Deluxe kinda looks like a Dj. Nekros one looks like a cool spooky dude. Loki one I feel is suppose to be the same design as the proto skins i dont get it honestly but it looks cool. Sarny looks like a plant , i thought personally when i look at it poison ivy, and that she is beautiful as a frame. Chroma one is a dragon that makes sense I liked the Chinese dragon design. Ash one makes him look more like an ninja felt a mortal kombat vibe from it looked cool. Rhino one doesn't make sense but it looks cool. Mag one has floaty bits and looks majestic. I know there are mote but I am not trying to rank those some of the ones that just look cool and kinda makes sense. Frost one also looks cool i was screaming at when i saw it cause it looked so cool like a child who saw a new toy he wanted for his birthday. However there are those don't make sense and kinda look meh. I kinda related the first one Nova, its like Islamic or Bhudda or someting right?The balls floating around her like Zenyatta is the only relation I hated the helmet skin looked kinda cool. Volt. I don't even know what i am looking at with the skin. Feels kinda like a proto skin but i mean i guess. I'm ranting at this point cool is subjective or nice is subjective but I guess i don't feel the same coolness or relativeness in the Mesa deluxe many will disagree I suppose that is fine. But at least I tried.

PSSS: I love warframe I know not everyone loves my opinions but I feel have the right to give one I been here for 5 years and I buy all the deluxe skins cause I support warframe. When Mesa prime acess drops I am buying it day one. I wont like the design but will still buy it like every other deluxe skin just cause its helps warframe and DE.

Edited by takeshiblue

I don't like the pants. There's too many conflicting patterns and I feel like that will get in the way of trying to get a more uniform feel through coloration. It also seems like they were designed seperate from her upper body.

Edit: To further this point, many female frames are designed with an outer layer of clothing and can have the rest coloured like skin. For example ember and Trinity have distinct clothing the former being a jumpsuit and the latter being a dress. Even nezha has 'his' dress seperate from the skin colouring.

Oh and when you do the skin colouring for nonprime Nova you'll need to use that skin for 'scientific research' *wink wink, nudge nudge*.

With this mesa skin the pants are the same colour as her face and *ahem* upper chest and looking at it seems as though they will use the same part of the colour palette which means if I want to got for a more human look then I'm fresh outta luck since mesa's pants will be the same colour as her face.

This isn't the same for every frame of course. Titania doesn't have seperate colouring for the 'skin' and dress parts. Same with the base mag skin (which is why her deluxe is so good!). Same with Octavia and Equinox as well. 

This is just my take on the skin though. It looks nice enough I guess, but I think I'll just keep using the graxx skin though.

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

i can and can't honestly I love mesa and love warframe some people actually do say they like things without even being like wait why is this like that it doesn't fit yes some people do like the design of the skin , but a lot of people also think it doesn't look like mesa point being of why i put the twitter there for those who actually are willing to take some time to analyze it and see there are  some people comments who are reasonable as to why the skin looks kinda bad. Ascetically pleasing for some funky looking to others.

4 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

You can't brand people with opposite opinion as "yes man" just because they don't agree with you. If you can do that, then they can also brand you as "no man" because you'll just say no to anything.

Edit cause : Oh S#&$ its rekkou i mean do you actually like it though you make amazing skins? do you think this fits mesa as a frame at all? I mean alot of people including myself thought it was Zephry i thought it was Zephry prime. Some people think the helm looks like ivara and someone even said it in the post too. I just dont seem like mesa.

Edited by takeshiblue

4 minutes ago, takeshiblue said:

some people comments who are reasonable as to why the skin looks kinda bad. Ascetically pleasing for some funky looking to others.

Still, all the opinions about skins are just subjetive.
So just because you think it isn't enough Mesa in the skin doesn't mean that DE will just scrap all of it and start from the beginning.
DE likes the skin. Enough people like the skin. We will get that skin.

as i said sorry not really sorry. But maybe i am being biased cause Mesa is my most used frame but this doesn't feel like Mesa at all. Look at some of the twitter comments as I stated there are constructive criticism and also seems a lot of people are mad they scrapped the old Ember design.

1 minute ago, takeshiblue said:

some people comments who are reasonable as to why the skin looks kinda bad. Ascetically pleasing for some funky looking to others.

And that's how opinion works, of course people sharing your opinion will looks reasonable for you. And other people's with opposite opinion won't look reasonable to you because you don't share their point of view. But you can't just dismiss them.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

So just because you think it isn't enough Mesa in the skin doesn't mean that DE will just scrap all of it and start from the beginning.
DE likes the skin. Enough people like the skin. We will get that skin.

Ember old deluxe skin got negative feedback i believe it they did it. So..

1 minute ago, Rekkou said:

And that's how opinion works, of course people sharing your opinion will looks reasonable for you. And other people's with opposite opinion won't look reasonable to you because you don't share their point of view. But you can't just dismiss them.

I edited it so it seems less biased but I am totally not dismissing them i just generally agree it doesn't feel right the skin itself looks good and what not but just not for the frame to be honest.

5 minutes ago, takeshiblue said:

Ember old deluxe skin got negative feedback i believe it they did it. So..

No, the first concept was from an artist.
DE got into a conflict with said artist. But because it was his design, DE didn't want to use it, when they parted ways. (That's the short version)
It has nothing to do with community-feedback. 

50 minutes ago, JawNuts said:

The skin isnt even released yet. And we've yet to see it in game with mesa's stances for us to judge DE. It's like the ember deluxe skin, some people will like it, and some probably wont. Aesthetics is subjective.

btw you do know that is a 3d model not 2d right? people can get a general idea of what they looking at. I hope it looks better in game if that is how you see it however.

2 minutes ago, takeshiblue said:

same place you did probably the internet?

Okay, fair point.
I mean, if you saw a post from a dev then it's something else than hearing it from some random guy ranting about something ingame.
But we shouldn't discuss this any further.

Sometimes people don't like skins because of their default colors. There was a thread about the Nekros Skin before it got released. And the OP said he don't like the color. It didn't look dark enough for Nekros.
But guess what? We can change colors ingame.
Maybe it's the same with this skin. Maybe it will look great with different colors on it.
And last but not least: If you don't like the skin, don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you. I don't like the skin for Banshee or for Ember. That's totally fine.

they ain't changing it. it's already 3D modeled

the saving grace is mesa prime (christmas 2018!) and tennogen....hell, even her base skin has most attitude than the deluxe....she wears a blindfold because she doesn't even need to see to kill stuff? is that freaking badass or what? 

Spoiler

Mynki is :heart:

I dont have a problem with the colors I said multiple times Design lol just don't feel like mesa. and that's my main point but i can say you right, if enough ppl say they like who cares about the people who say they don't it'll come into the game and i'll just hope for better tenno gen. 

It looks fine to me but it doesn't make much sense.

They went from Western style cowgirl to Spanish Conquistador. Huh?

I was also hoping Peacemaker would get some chrome plated Trigun style revolvers not Flintlock pistols.

I'll be sticking with her Devil Ranger tennogen.