The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Deluxe Skin

Vanille

Just now, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

MESA PRESIDIO SKIN
Conquer the unknown with this fortress of exquisite style.

PERLA PISTOL SKIN
Transform any pistol, with this baroque revolver skin.
*This skin can be equipped on any dual or single pistol Secondary! 

CONSTELLA SYANDANA
Venture into uncharted territory with Mesa Presidio’s signature Syandana.

MESA PRESIDIO COLLECTION
Become a fortress of style with this collection of deluxe items that includes the Mesa Presidio Skin, Perla Pistol Skin, and the Constella Syandana.

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

ehhhhh

1 minute ago, takeshiblue said:

i like the peacermakers not the helm tho

While the situation is not as bad as with Mag Pneuma and alt helmets (she is full metallic, the helmets are not), you would still limit your coloring options if you go with alts. I have all not tennogen helmets for Mesa and they are mostly ok as long as you don't pursue the metallic glow.

m2eLM8d.png

ESA PRESIDIO SKIN
Conquer the unknown with this fortress of exquisite style.

PERLA PISTOL SKIN
Transform any pistol, with this baroque revolver skin.
*This skin can be equipped on any dual or single pistol Secondary! 

CONSTELLA SYANDANA
Venture into uncharted territory with Mesa Presidio’s signature Syandana.

MESA PRESIDIO COLLECTION
Become a fortress of style with this collection of deluxe items that includes the Mesa Presidio Skin, Perla Pistol Skin, and the Constella Syandana.

@(PS4)robotwars7

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Considering the fact that Mesa Prime is soon, I don't know if it was smart idea to release the Deluxe now.

Exactly. It looks fairly similar to normal Mesa, just with added gold.

So when the Prime is released is she getting another similar skin with a bit of gold?

Just seems like too much overlap to me, I liked when Deluxe frames were almost reimaginings of the frame... you know?

Nordic Frost, Chinese Dragon Chroma... Maybe I'm just bitter.

I'm pretty disappointed in this one as well. A nice colour scheme helps, as always, but I think this is another Ember Vermillion skin (not quite a Nova Asuri, but still less than it could have been). It's worrying to me that this is the direction that we're going in with the Deluxe skins. I know IgnusDei can't still be involved but I was hoping that that type of art style would influence what we would be having going forward. In particular, making asymmetry look intentional and fantastic (thinking with Loki and Loki Deluxe) and the very ornate style with more metallic accents.

I think what would help is a concept artist taking a whack at it before sculpting in 3D begins in earnest. That way not only is there time to refine and make changes, but the design can be much more abstract and unconventional. No Warframe was ready for prime time as soon as it was conceived. Ember was a male 'frame, for goodness' sake. But just starting a sculpt with a certain Warframe in mind and seeing where it goes? Assuming that's how Nova Asuri, Ember Vermillion, Nekros Irkalla and the upcoming Zephyr deluxe skin were created, I think that limits the process rather than starting with a series of very different sketches. You take the best ideas of each design and combine them into a final version BEFORE even a basic body is modeled. I could be wrong, though. Maybe there are design sketches we haven't been shown that influenced those 'frames.

I have mixed feelings about the skin (I mean, it looks great, but it's not much that you couldn't just do with Tennogen rather than a Deluxe skin and a whole new model just for the same effect as regular Mesa? I mean seriously), but that Syandana might just be one of my favourites of the last year or more. I can't wait to get my hands on it
:community: