Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best school for solo Teralyst???

KhoaLakewood

Question

I have all, adarza, t3, and virtuos, but i don't know which shool u use /how u add point to be able solo teralyst

anybody can guide me ???

and magus setup and arcane warframe setup (i.e grace ....)  for chroma for solo it?

Edited by KhoaLakewood

10 answers to this question

Solo Capturing could be difficult with Chroma, as you have no way to heal the lures, but if you go for a kill  it should be pretty easy. If you have a weapon that hits hard enough you could try capturing with Trinity or Oberon.

Back to the question. I prefer running zenurik for the energy regeneration, as Chroma setups are very likely to run maxed blind rage. 

Depends. Madurai's Inner Gaze and Eternal Gaze, Zenurik's Void Siphon and Void Flow are your friends because of the obvious energy/regeneration perks. You can't do a single thing without energy, and your Tenno relies on large energy pools to both stay invisible and be able to shoot.

But all of these four perks can be unlocked for all schools.

(This is a bit of a triviality as all the Universal passives are really helpful for your Operator, and since you are soloing with your Operator alone, then all of them are really helpful).

If you have all the energy you need, then I feel that the best school is Unairu entirely because of the Unairu Wisp perk:

"Void Blast has a 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% chance to summon a Wisp when it damages an enemy. The Wisp can be picked up by allies to increase Operator damage by 20% / 40% / 60% / 100% for 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 seconds."

This is one of the very few buffs for your Operator damage output, and a 100% chance is a very strong increase. Basically as long as you can Void Blast an enemy every 12 seconds (any Vomvalyst will do, but I think you can blast the Teralyst as well) you have a 100% buff and you strip the Teralyst shields twice as fast.

Also good synergy with Basilisk Gaze, which increases the radius of Void Blast and makes it easier to trigger the Wisp.

Like @Oru5732 said , Chroma has no way to heal Lures ( if you wanna capture Teralyst with Lures ). I say get a heavy hitting weapon ( with Radiation damage ) and use Trinity or Oberon ( Oby's Hallowing Ground also makes you immune to Teralyst's magnetic AoE )

Madurai and Unairu seem like best choices cuz of getting damage buff from Void Strike or Unairu Wisp

Void Strike

On leaving Void Mode the next attack deals 5% / 7% / 8% / 10% / 11% / 12% additional damage for every second spent cloaked. Cloak consumes 2 additional energy per second

Unairu Wisp

Void Blast has a 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% chance to summon a Wisp when it damages an enemy. The Wisp can be picked up by allies to increase Operator damage by 20% / 40% / 60% / 100% for 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 seconds.

I used Zenurik with Trinity for all my Solo captures.

Zenurik will allow you to easily recover from the magnetic pulses and a few Lightning Dashes will break all nearby Volusms-what-is to easily dispatch with your amp. If I recall this got easier recently though since they no longer have an immortal period between phases. You had to kinda prime them to be shot before and Lightning Dash was pretty useful for that, esp before the healing phase.

Unlocking the waybounds for Vazarin and using them with Zenurik was a pretty big step in performance for the Operator's survival but you can technically use any school if you're willing to eat a healthy amount of energy plates.

With Chroma I use Zenurik (with all waybounds from other trees activated) for solo capturing.

Chroma cannot heal the lures but what you can do is leave Chroma and the lures 50m+ away from the Teralyst when you attack it with the operator to take down its shields, using the Operator to draw aggro.  Teralyst's homing shockwaves from its tree slam (~45m range) can oneshot a non-blessed Lure that's too close so I found this safest.  I usually take a sentinel with medi-ray over an Adarza kavat because of this, since the kavat will be too far away to buff the Operator.

With correct timing you can Operator void dash to move the warframe away from the Teralyst when it does its magnetic burst move; without the lures leaving tether range before they prevent the Teralyst from teleporting away, to avoid all energy loss from it.  But even if you tank the entire attack and lose your energy, a maxed energizing dash will restore enough energy by the time the shield goes down again for you to cast Vex Armor again, Elemental Ward is largely unneeded.

This method I use is pretty demanding Focus Tree-wise needing Basilisk Scales (Unairu), Mind Sprint (Naramon), and Enduring Tides (Vazarin) waybounds to pull off efficiently.  Of course both Madurai waybounds help a lot for damage as well.

Operator death would leave me 50m+ away from the Teralyst when popping operator out again so I went with Magus Husk and Magus Replenish to keep my operator alive while face tanking all but the largest of the Teralyst's attacks to draw aggro away from the lures and maximize damage to its shield.

For most runs I go with double arcane Grace but its largely unneeded, a health pad costs almost nothing to build and serves the same purpose.

Anyways, this is what worked for me.  This might not be the best method but 7~8 solo captures per night is definitely possible with this method.  Also if you are unable to capture the Teralyst as Chroma it might benefit you to gain some experience soloing as Oberon/Trinity since its simpler for them to keep the lures alive those can easily still get 6 solo captures per night.

I use Unairu + waybounds from others.

Taking shield down is a must, it is the most time consuming task. 

Then there is Lanka for killing, trinity for healing and zenistar for charging lures, and CC.

I used to run chroma, but it was to prone to lure dying.

capture can be done with any frame and while using any school

for frames that can't heal the lures.. .like chroma, dont bother with lures until you are on the 4th limb

if you do get lures before then, keep them far enough away so they do not take damage.

lures will ONLY follow the form you were in when you grabbed them, so grab while in frame and park them in a safe area

they only need to be near the teralyst after the 4th limb is destroyed for a capture. so either after each limb charged them on your way

to the eidolon or make sure to park them near the eidolon and take out enough vomvlysts to charge the lures... heck the eidolon can even stand back up while you finish charging the lures if need be.

just need to be quick about it and once you have at least 2 charged chroma does make quick work of taking out the teralyst.

To solo it you need an effective weapon, a good amp, plenty of energy for it and situational awareness

Maduri gives additional energy for your amp

Vazerin gives you increased health for your operator

Zenurik gives you more energy for void cloak/dash

Unairu gives you increased armour for your operator

I have the waybounds for all but Zenurik so use that,so I have all I need.

I solo with Chroma for the damage buff as I don't have any super Rivens.

The Lures are more likely to die from Volmvolysts than the Eidolon attacks so keep an eye on your lures and kill any that get close to them.

If you time it wrong and are downed the lures will stop following you when you self revive, so interact with them again.

The first two stages are relatively easy but the increase in Volmvolysts after then will keep topping up the Eidolons shields and attack the lures if you don't stop them first.  This is usually where you lose the lures if your amp is low on energy.

Duoing Chroma with Trinity or Oberon is my general option when playing with a friend and we'll take whatever else Pub games give us

Le 19/1/2018 à 18:22, Aeon94 a dit :

Like @Oru5732 said , Chroma has no way to heal Lures ( if you wanna capture Teralyst with Lures ). I say get a heavy hitting weapon ( with Radiation damage ) and use Trinity or Oberon ( Oby's Hallowing Ground also makes you immune to Teralyst's magnetic AoE )

Madurai and Unairu seem like best choices cuz of getting damage buff from Void Strike or Unairu Wisp

Void Strike

On leaving Void Mode the next attack deals 5% / 7% / 8% / 10% / 11% / 12% additional damage for every second spent cloaked. Cloak consumes 2 additional energy per second

Unairu Wisp

Void Blast has a 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% chance to summon a Wisp when it damages an enemy. The Wisp can be picked up by allies to increase Operator damage by 20% / 40% / 60% / 100% for 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 seconds.

If i use oberon/trinity with unairu wisp what skill should i add focus in unairu beside wisp?

33 minutes ago, KhoaLakewood said:

If i use oberon/trinity with unairu wisp what skill should i add focus in unairu beside wisp?

Void Shadow - for making lures invisible and give them more damage resistance 

&

Basilisk Gaze - for increasing void blast radius to get wisps easier.