Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why mains are absolute nonsense

Ragnarok160

Just now, Ragnarok160 said:

i think i also said "mileage may vary" just because you don't see it doesn't mean other don't

And how does that answer my question?  

Claiming that just because I'm not effected by it but someone else is doesn't hold water when you can't tell me what the effects are in the first place.  It's like claiming "someone did a thing and it's gonna effect people, somewhere, some time."  and when people ask you wtf you're talking about, you respond with "purple, because aliens were pancakes as hats!"

Please answer the question. 

This thread is ridiculous to the highest degree. So what if other players want to play only one frame? Why is that such a strange concept to some players. This is an obvious "my way, or no way" thought process with so called justifications that are utter nonsense. Main doesn't mean that a player is incapable of playing anything else, they're just comfortable with a single frame and can perform their best with it in a variety of scenarios. If that's such a big deal to you, OP, I suggest going solo or using recruit chat so you can have squads with the exact frames you desire for every single mission you want to run. 

Also, nice try overall in arguing this case. Was a good read up until you started throwing a tantrum and now it seems you're derailing your own thread with your interview. You want to seriously discuss this, then be serious and answer the questions presented: how does one maining a frame supposed to affect any of us? You would be surprised how different we think of this subject.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

i think i also said "mileage may vary" just because you don't see it doesn't mean other don't

Thats just a cop out excuse. A trash player is a trash player no matter what they "main" or play in general. Funny thing is, this statement of yours backfires in your face because that's what people have been saying all thread. Your mileage will vary because it depends on how good the player is, not what they are using. I have seen players who main support types come into a mission wrecking shop getting more kills and dealing more damage than me on Chroma before.

26 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

where i work im part of a group called the company climate survey where we take notes and surveys of how the atmosphere of my company is, and when going over the data most of what we see is negative but only consist of 10% of the total people working there, the reason is because someone who disagrees or see's problems are far more likely to take a survey then someone that sees no problems with it, the same goes for my post, if you disagree with what i have to say your far more likely to leave a comment then if your agrees.

So what you're saying is, a lot of people actually agrees with you because they don't leave comments? So basically there are 3,5 millions of people here agreeing with you because they don't comments on your thread? That's not survey, that's cherry picking.

If people don't leave comments or take survey, it means they don't care. They are neither agree or disagree because your post is irrelevant and means nothing to them.

Just now, tnccs215 said:

Yeah but how. 

being in raids/ void ruins/ bounties where people are crippling the team with annoying mechanics like limbos time stop and volts speed builds where i ask them to swap off the frame or configuration only to be told that they main that character and don't stop. also in threads where you try to discuss anything mechanical about a frames to be greeted by a drove of mains claiming they know better then you do because they self proclaim to be gods of that particular character. no joke ive run into loki mains in high level void runs that are being murdered by cross fire and wont swap on the next run, ev trinity's that dont change character or configuration in sortie missions just to name a few

4 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

So what you're saying is, a lot of people actually agrees with you because they don't leave comments? So basically there are 3,5 millions of people here agreeing with you because they don't comments on your thread? That's not survey, that's cherry picking.

If people don't leave comments or take survey, it means they don't care. They are neither agree or disagree because your post is irrelevant and means nothing to them.

and clearly people are moved enough by this post to let me know they don't care but still give me there insight? clearly i'm doing something right.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

being in raids/ void ruins/ bounties where people are crippling the team with annoying mechanics like limbos time stop and volts speed builds where i ask them to swap off the frame or configuration only to be told that they main that character and don't stop. also in threads where you try to discuss anything mechanical about a frames to be greeted by a drove of mains claiming they know better then you do because they self proclaim to be gods of that particular character. no joke ive run into loki mains in high level void runs that are being murdered by cross fire and wont swap on the next run, ev trinity's that dont change character or configuration in sortie missions just to name a few

opinionated.gif

1 minute ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Those people are just bad players and are not reflective of the entirety players who main a Warframe, or more, at all.  

To put this in perspective, you claiming that maining a Warframe is detrimental to everyone is telling me, as a Mag Prime Main, that I'm detrimental to my team.  And when you say that, I look at my own play stats, I look at the messages thanking me for helping people, I look at all the feedback I've gotten as a Main and then I look at your topic. 

It's offensive, and insulting to players like me.  To players who don't behave the way you just described, who you are now painting with a rather proud brush stroke, and you're upset that you're getting the negative response that you are.

You should rethink what your actual issue is and try again. 

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

1) have you considered the possibility that those people are trolling you by using an half-assed excuse of maining something so that they aren't forced to change? 

2)have you considered the issue isn't the fact they personally choose to play that frame, but the fact they suck at doing so, just as much as someone who doesn't main does? 

3)have you considered the fact that you are granted the ability to remove yourself from a squad if you aren't enjoying the dynamic? 

4)I do know more about Equinox than anyone else, ever. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

Those people are just bad players and are not reflective of the entirety players who main a Warframe, or more, at all.  

To put this in perspective, you claiming that maining a Warframe is detrimental to everyone is telling me, as a Mag Prime Main, that I'm detrimental to my team.  And when you say that, I look at my own play stats, I look at the messages thanking me for helping people, I look at all the feedback I've gotten as a Main and then I look at your topic. 

It's offensive, and insulting to players like me.  To players who don't behave the way you just described, who you are now painting with a rather proud brush stroke, and you're upset that you're getting the negative response that you are.

You should rethink what your actual issue is and try again. 

wait, wait sooooooo i said i notice it and you don't then come out saying its a small amount? didn't you just say it doesn't affect you? you cant comment a bunch of times about how i'm not giving examples then dismiss it as nothing, i told you i'm affected by it and instead of saying "oh man well this is going on" you went from "this doesn't happen" to "it doesn't happen that much"

3 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

1) have you considered the possibility that those people are trolling you by using an half-assed excuse of maining something so that they aren't forced to change? 

2)have you considered the issue isn't the fact they personally choose to play that frame, but the fact they suck at doing so, just as much as someone who doesn't main does? 

3)have you considered the fact that you are granted the ability to remove yourself from a squad if you aren't enjoying the dynamic? 

4)I do know more about Equinox than anyone else, ever. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Equinox#Abilities

wait, wait sooooooo i said i notice it and you don't then come out saying its a small amount? didn't you just say it doesn't affect you? you cant comment a bunch of times about how i'm not giving examples then dismiss it as nothing, i told you i'm affected by it and instead of saying "oh man well this is going on" you went from "this doesn't happen" to "it doesn't happen that much"

Where did I say it doesn't happen?  I've repeatedly asked for an example, but I've never said it didn't happen.

And I'm not dismissing it as nothing, when you finally answered the question, that was my response.  You're generalizing a large group of people, my post is pointing that out. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

Where did I say it doesn't happen?  I've repeatedly asked for an example, but I've never said it didn't happen.

And I'm not dismissing it as nothing, when you finally answered the question, that was my response.  You're generalizing a large group of people, my post is pointing that out. 

"MILEAGE MAY VARY" just because i see it more then you and it happens more to me then you doesn't mean it isn't affecting the way some of us play

"MILEAGE MAY VARY" just because i see it more then you and it happens more to me then you doesn't mean it isn't affecting the way some of us play

You're either getting far too frustrated to keep up with the conversation, or your comprehension is off.

I wasn't asking for another example, I was pointing out that I never said what you claimed and explained what I actually asked for. 

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You're either getting far too frustrated to keep up with the conversation, or your comprehension is off.

I wasn't asking for another example, I was pointing out that I never said what you claimed and explained what I actually asked for. 

i was righting the quote big for dramatic effect

I get it, in the odd circumstance there'll be one arrogant sod who claims to be almighty because they main the frame and therefore that's what they're going to play, despite the fact that it could potentially ruin the mission. But the number of times in the game where that is even remotely an issue are so small that they're irrelevant. 

I've played raids with friends as Wukong, I regularly beat Sorties with Wukong. I can't think of a single instance in my 2,400 hours of playing where a mission has been failed due to my 'detrimental ideology'.

You mention fanboying so you clearly aren't averse to the term. Are you one of those efficiency fanboys? Those people who have to play the utmost fastest and cheesiest way possible for every single mission? Because to a lot of people, that's what isn't fun. Limiting yourself to picking the ''best'' option is just as ''bad'' as limiting yourself to picking the most ''fun'' option.

Since this is a video game though, I pick fun.

Out of curiosity, I play with someone who also mains a frame... Does that mean we each ruin the game for each other? 

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

What you listed here has absolutely nothing at all to do with maining a frame.  What you described was caused by either a player trolling you or playing badly.  

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I get it, in the odd circumstance there'll be one arrogant sod who claims to be almighty because they main the frame and therefore that's what they're going to play, despite the fact that it could potentially ruin the mission. But the number of times in the game where that is even remotely an issue are so small that they're irrelevant. 

I've played raids with friends as Wukong, I regularly beat Sorties with Wukong. I can't think of a single instance in my 2,400 hours of playing where a mission has been failed due to my 'detrimental ideology'.

You mention fanboying so you clearly aren't averse to the term. Are you one of those efficiency fanboys? Those people who have to play the utmost fastest and cheesiest way possible for every single mission? Because to a lot of people, that's what isn't fun. Limiting yourself to picking the ''best'' option is just as ''bad'' as limiting yourself to picking the most ''fun'' option.

Since this is a video game though, I pick fun.

Out of curiosity, I play with someone who also mains a frame... Does that mean we each ruin the game for each other? 

what kind of main?