Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can't we have a keybinding for slide attacks in the options menu?

TeaBegging

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

Because just as the Macros it would be too much Cheezing for players to use combined with a ridiculous play style and mod.

well many already cheese by using macros or scripts, I just don't wanna risk a ban for using it myself. Is it not unfair for people who don't script/macro

3 minutes ago, TeaBegging said:

well many already cheese by using macros or scripts, I just don't wanna risk a ban for using it myself. Is it not unfair for people who don't script/macro

How can it not be fair? Nothing's stopping you from using the same macros, it's just that you choose not to. 

Have to say when I got a slide macro working, it helped me immensely. It wasn't needed and I was doing slide attack alright.

Even if someone don't own the *kof* red crit *kof* mod *kof* (I do want it. Best I can is 25p if someone is insane enough. PM me :D), slide attacking is a really major maneuver that you'll be repeating over and over again because of its 360 cleave and extra range it gives.

Afaik as long as a macro you'll be using by pressing a button and just kinda do-it-yourself majigglybob instead of autoing is fine. IDK

I don't use macros and have no problem slide attacking. Just get the rhythm in your muscle memory and it becomes natural. Wanting one key to do everything for you smacks of laziness - partly why so many people love WOF - but for me, the less there is for you to actually do as a player the more boring a game becomes (IMO).

I will be honest here. I feel disgusted when i see someone just spinning arround with whip.

Warframe offers many melee weapon types, combos, diferent attacks/ finishers and all these ppl do is one attack for entire mission.

And i hate argument...'becouse its so effective'. Slide attack crit mods are mistake and should never been implemented this way.

So.. no i dont think we need slide attack button.

Maybe because some of the DE members have stated themselves, they don't want the game to play itself for you, which is why they frown upon macros. It's as Mover-NeRo says, there's so many different combos and weapon types. If you have a problem with continuously pressing the same two buttons the exact same way thousands of times, generating the exact same attack, why don't you try a different melee type/attack. The perfect solution to being sick of doing the same thing over and over is saying screw being effective and try to have some fun. It's a video game and we're players, not employees to a workplace.