Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Might Finally Be Good!!!

(PSN)TertulSee

Its a step in the right direction, far better than how BS is right now.

But still far worse than any other "ultimate" ability in the game.

It sucks still being slow and clunky to cast compared to almost any other 4 ability, and the extra power given from finisher damage is not relevant for 99.9% of the content.

In the very unlikely case its damage type becomes really relevant its still overshadowed by almost any mindfully modded frame or weapon.

it should have just been an AOE teleport sending just his clones. lets say 10 hits from the clones in a 15 meter area where ash is aiming. Now you have a decent ultimate, that doesnt lock you in terrible animation,  has no clunky activation mechanism and balances the strengh given from finesher damage by limiting the hits of the clones and the area.

Edited by JohnKable

14 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Are they going to give us the same damage with a WoF Ash? I just hope it's not a toggle on ability. It's kind of hard to tell if it's a tough with a delayed start to clones killing, or if you have to press 4 again to start bladestorm. 

Seems like mechanics wise it'll be the same just with the added option to join or not. Press 4 to mark enemies, press 4 again to send clones out (optionally press 3 to join them).

5 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

Seems like mechanics wise it'll be the same just with the added option to join or not. Press 4 to mark enemies, press 4 again to send clones out (optionally press 3 to join them).

I'm worried that it's, press 4, Mark and kill while walking. This would make it like work on fire and may cause them to Nerf it. 

It would also ruin the option of stealthily marking a group of enemies and only attacking when they are all marked. 

I'm hoping that the clones only attack when you hit 4 again, like it is now

Edited by Hypernaut1

17 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Emphasis on the might. 

Ash will still suffer from being boring to play and only useful with Covert Lethality or playing like Loki. Until Ash gets a completely new kit to make him an offensive ninja with unique abilities, I will let my 4 Forma Ash Prime rot in my inventory.

Ash could be least boring frame atm. Compared to frames like AOE Ember and frames who just create shields around them... ash is a Beast.

If you like actual gun play and melee play... Ash Ash and Ashes
If you like to stay at one place and semi AFK then Ash might be boring yes. :D

I play mostly Ash and he seems by far most flexible frame.
All his base stats are so great that you can throw in whatever you like.
On how many frames you can install bullet-jumps and set mods (hunter,augur etc) without feeling any setback on your frame?

About ash skills:

I rarely use Shuriken (Guns are stronger and faster.)

Smoke Screen is great for melee fights or escapes or resurrections or just to ignore bull**** on the way.

Teleport: The best skill ever. So simple but taking out those most bull**** enemies fast is nice. Using it to get over the graterhills or russia etc. Ez
You can also teleport to objects like vents and so on :D Making spy missions way easier.

Bladestorm: Only use when theres like gazillion enemies around my dead teammates and i am low too. Just press X and blindly slam my mouse around.
Press X again.. few enemies killed, shields restored. Move on.
Really just a emergency skill.

Rework is nice tho!

9 minutes ago, 0Z3R0 said:

Ash could be least boring frame atm. Compared to frames like AOE Ember and frames who just create shields around them... ash is a Beast.

On how many frames you can install bullet-jumps and set mods (hunter,augur etc) without feeling any setback on your frame?

About ash skills:

Smoke Screen is great for melee fights or escapes or resurrections or just to ignore bull**** on the way.

Teleport: The best skill ever. So simple but taking out those most bull**** enemies fast is nice. Using it to get over the graterhills or russia etc. Ez
You can also teleport to objects like vents and so on :D Making spy missions way easier.

Bladestorm: Only use when theres like gazillion enemies around my dead teammates and i am low too. Just press X and blindly slam my mouse around.

Rework is nice tho!

I feel the same way except with Ivara... I think it's just a thing that stealth frames without huge AOE (so excluding disarm spam Loki) can do, since if you don't have the advantage of throwing off aggro you have to kill or CC *everything* before they can get a shot off I.e. Player centered AOE

45 minutes ago, 0Z3R0 said:

About ash skills:

Rework is nice tho!

Use Seeking Shuriken, makes his 1 his best ability. Complete armor removal at almost no cost, allowing for infinite scalling since you will be reducing the enemy's ehp by lot. 

3 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Use Seeking Shuriken, makes his 1 his best ability. Complete armor removal at almost no cost, allowing for infinite scalling since you will be reducing the enemy's ehp by lot. 

I have tought about it. It seems good augment and would be really nice if i was using shotgun or any burst damage weapon.
I could easily remove Teleport augment as.. well its not hard to click mouse after TP :D
However im using corrosive on Tenora with 80% firerate. Therefore im not exactly sure if i win with this alot.
Enemy could be dead by Tenora by the time skill animation ends.

16 hours ago, Babellon said:

I don't get what peoples problem with ash is now.

The Cinematic of Bladestorm IS know to cause some people to have motion sickness. Also, it locks you out of Combat during it, so if a teammate goes down while you started to use it or the objective is taking damage, you wont be able to change your focus to your allies or the specific enemies (If they are not marked), effectively locking you out while the animation plays.

At least cutscene mode is a choice now so I'm happy with the change.

Still, I'd like if Smoke Screen isn't just a shorter Loki invisibility with a mini-CC on cast. An actual smoke screen that blocks enemy vision would be nice... Maybe you can dash to enemies inside the smoke when you melee them, sorta like Excal's dash. Maybe that's too much.

22 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

The Cinematic of Bladestorm IS know to cause some people to have motion sickness. Also, it locks you out of Combat during it, so if a teammate goes down while you started to use it or the objective is taking damage, you wont be able to change your focus to your allies or the specific enemies (If they are not marked), effectively locking you out while the animation plays.

Some other frames: Cannot move or do any other actions while channeling. There is a chance to get killed while doing it.
Ash: Cannot move or do any other actions while utimate is active. However you cannot take any damage and your shields are regenerating.

QQ about this has gone too far. Even if i agree that Ash ultimate is not anything godly.
Its still great situational skill.

Wheres the prob?
I migh actually have more problems with new update.
Like: My shields are down, no time to life-steal and... energy depleted while casting Blade Storm so i cannot join my shadows.
So ash might become ashes...

Edited by 0Z3R0
Stuffs

16 minutes ago, 0Z3R0 said:

Some other frames: Cannot move or do any other actions while channeling. There is a chance to get killed while doing it.
Ash: Cannot move or do any other actions while utimate is active. However you cannot take any damage and your shields are regenerating.

QQ about this has gone too far. Even if i agree that Ash ultimate is not anything godly.
Its still great situational skill.

Wheres the prob?
I migh actually have more problems with new update.
Like: My shields are down, no time to life-steal and... energy depleted while casting Blade Storm so i cannot join my shadows.
So ash might become ashes...

And the point of motion sickness still stands.

And the only power that comes to mind right now whose animation locks the player out of playing longer than Bladestorm is Banshee's Sound Quake.

If you used all your energy just for Bladestorm, you must be doing something wrong, like not paying attention, besides: if a marked enemy is killed by any other source that is not BS, you get energy reounded.

And considering Smoke Screen makes the base energy cost of BS go from 15 per target to 10, those who know how to use Ash will be invisible before starting to mark.

So... your argument is a bit weak.

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

Kaotyke said:
And the point of motion sickness still stands.

And the only power that comes to mind right now whose animation locks the player out of playing longer than Bladestorm is Banshee's Sound Quake.

If you used all your energy just for Bladestorm, you must be doing something wrong, like not paying attention, besides: if a marked enemy is killed by any other source that is not BS, you get energy reounded.

And considering Smoke Screen makes the base energy cost of BS go from 15 per target to 10, those who know how to use Ash will be invisible before starting to mark.

So... your argument is a bit weak.

0Z3R0 argument vs @Kaotyke
Motion sickness... sorry i dont have such brain feature or sickness.
i just cant say anything about it as i dunno what those people could possibly feel or whatever who claim this.

I do not own or know all warframes but i can already tell more: Mesa - Peacemaker for example. PM is a lot worse to watch than BS btw.. if you have motion blur enabled.

Those arguments are complete garbage.

1) Bladestorm is mostly or only used in critical situations where you are about to die or your teammates are all 6 seconds away from their actual death.
Therefore i really have no time to deal with my energy issues. Should i use Team energy restore mby?

2) Bladestorm can easily target up to 8 enemies or more even if you are pointin at one location for 0.5 seconds.

3) I am assuming that i am invisible long before if situation is so bad.

So question is? have u ever even played ash?

Edited by 0Z3R0
Reason is MagPrime the community free moderator

6 minutes ago, 0Z3R0 said:

I don't want to nitpick you, but responding inside the quote it confusing when you don't change the font color or bold/italics/underline your responses.  It just looks like Kaotyk is having an argument with themselves.   

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I don't want to nitpick you, but responding inside the quote it confusing when you don't change the font color or bold/italics/underline your responses.  It just looks like Kaotyk is having an argument with themselves.   Rly ? What are you talking about ?

see ?

26 minutes ago, 0Z3R0 said:

I do not own or know all warframes but i can already tell more: Mesa - Peacemaker for example. PM is a lot worse to watch than BS btw.. if you have motion blur enabled.

Assuming I have Motion Blur active, since I avoid that option in any game like the PLAGUE, I dont know how bad it is atm, I would have to get in game to see.

Those arguments are complete garbage.

Nice opinion...

1) Bladestorm is mostly or only used in critical situations where you are about to die or your teammates are all 6 seconds away from their actual death.
Therefore i really have no time to deal with my energy issues. Should i use Team energy restore mby?

2) Bladestorm can easily target up to 8 enemies or more even if you are pointin at one location for 0.5 seconds.

And here you have it wrong.

BS needs to target enemies first, its not used for when the brown organic matter is about to colide with the ventilation system, its when you see its going to happen beforehand and plan. And do you remember what I said?

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

if a marked enemy is killed by any other source that is not BS, you get energy refounded.

When i run Ash, I have BS activated in the marking phase, and only fully use it if an enemy is not dying to my guns quick enough, so if I marked 10 enemies (150 Energy) and killed 8 of them with my weapons or other powers not BS or my teammates did it, I get 120 energy back to my pool. So I only use 30 energy if I decide to activate BS.

ALSO, its not counted as a channeled ability, so you can recover energy from other sources like the energy pads, Trinity, Harrow...

3) I am assuming that i am invisible long before if situation is so bad.

Well, make your calculations. you use 10 energy for each marked target, so those who are going to actually use BS and want to make the most of it WILL use Smoke Screen beforehand.

It doesnt seem much? Lets use the same exemple I made above, I mark 15 enemies without SS, I need 150 energy. I mark 15 enemies within SS, I need 100 energy.

50 energy is saved,

Of course those calculations are not including efficency mods, which can and will lower the number of energy cost even further... or increase, if you are using Blind Rage.

So question is? have u ever even played ash?

He has been a companion I played with since Update 8.

How about you?

Edited by Kaotyke
forgot Blind Rage

16 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Assuming I have Motion Blur active, since I avoid that option in any game like the PLAGUE, I dont know how bad it is atm, I would have to get in game to see.

Nice opinion...

And here you have it wrong.

BS needs to target enemies first, its not used for when the brown organic matter is about to colide with the ventilation system, its when you see its going to happen beforehand and plan. And do you remember what I said?

When i run Ash, I have BS activated in the marking phase, and only fully use it if an enemy is not dying to my guns quick enough, so if I marked 10 enemies (150 Energy) and killed 8 of them with my weapons or other powers not BS or my teammates did it, I get 120 energy back to my pool. So I only use 30 energy if I decide to activate BS.

ALSO, its not counted as a channeled ability, so you can recover energy from other sources like the energy pads, Trinity, Harrow...

Well, make your calculations. you use 10 energy for each marked target, so those who are going to actually use BS and want to make the most of it WILL use Smoke Screen beforehand.

It doesnt seem much? Lets use the same exemple I made above, I mark 15 enemies without SS, I need 150 energy. I mark 15 enemies within SS, I need 100 energy.

50 energy is saved,

Of course those calculations are not including efficency mods, which can and will lower the number of energy cost even further... or increase, if you are using Blind Rage.

He has been a companion I played with since Update 8.

How about you?

Go ahead. Make your mastermind plans when you are surrounded by 30xlvl 90 corpus enemies and you are one bullet away from your death.
Just DO IT! Kill some enemies before using bladestorm. Take your time to plan this all out.

I dont even care.

It is clearly a issue that bladestorm can deplete energy and players need to use more energy to complete the task that Ash is doing right now without additional energy.

Yet, im not even sure if this is a issue. Possibly devs all ready have a thought about it and it wont cost additional energy to join in.
Bute yes yes you are so skilled and you have it all planned out. GJ

1 hour ago, 0Z3R0 said:

Go ahead. Make your mastermind plans when you are surrounded by 30xlvl 90 corpus enemies and you are one bullet away from your death.
Just DO IT! Kill some enemies before using bladestorm. Take your time to plan this all out.

I dont even care.

It is clearly a issue that bladestorm can deplete energy and players need to use more energy to complete the task that Ash is doing right now without additional energy.

Yet, im not even sure if this is a issue. Possibly devs all ready have a thought about it and it wont cost additional energy to join in.
Bute yes yes you are so skilled and you have it all planned out. GJ

And that people, is how you win an argument.

I will be under the cover of the Smoke Screen eating my cheddar subway with double cheese and with cheddar cream cheese right over there.

Seriously, the triple cheddar is delicious.

Seriously dude, when I saw that video I immediately got so many Naruto vibes. Not only that, that will also be a lot more hepful when dealing with large groups of enemies. Right now it just felt like it took for ever to kill all marked enemies, especially considering that it always goes by the order of the enemies marked. That way it will make things a lot easier for many players especially when fighting against large groups of enemies at any level.

Also... U-ZU-MA-KI NARUTO 5K BARRAGE!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :smile: