Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Support "waiting time"

Stoner

Question

I requested a name change (more a name clear than anything) to support on January 9, asking if the account with the name was available for me to take. Earlier this week I finally received an answer saying yes, the name is available. BUT they asked me if I was ok with paying 200p. Of course, me being all excited of finally getting an answer, answered shortly after and said paying 200p is fine. It's been 3 days and there hasn't been any response back...

I know us players can't do much about it. But has anyone experienced this before? I really thought "waiting for a response" tickets would have top priority. I really don't want to wait another 3 weeks before getting another answer. This is ridiculous.

17 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

I requested a name change (more a name clear than anything) to support on January 9, asking if the account with the name was available for me to take. Earlier this week I finally received an answer saying yes, the name is available. BUT they asked me if I was ok with paying 200p. Of course, me being all excited of finally getting an answer, answered shortly after and said paying 200p is fine. It's been 3 days and there hasn't been any response back...

I know us players can't do much about it. But has anyone experienced this before? I really thought "waiting for a response" tickets would have top priority. I really don't want to wait another 3 weeks before getting another answer. This is ridiculous.

With there being over 4 million Tenno in the field, there is nothing that can really be helped. Your support ticket is not the only submitted. Please be patient until you receive your response, Tenno. (God, I sound like a employee, don't I?)

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Can you not just change your name from your account management page?

You can, unless the name is already taken.  In which case, you can either pick a different name or hit up Support and ask if the account in question is inactive.  If it is, they'll be free to give you the name.

It's how I got MagPrime.  Someone had it as a name hold account, so I grabbed some screencaps to show the 0 stats on the account and went to Support.

The change itself was fairly quick, but the fallout lasted 3 months.  (serious game derp)

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

With there being over 4 million Tenno in the field, there is nothing that can really be helped. Your support ticket is not the only submitted. Please be patient until you receive your response, Tenno. (God, I sound like a employee, don't I?)

Thing is the ticket already having a reply from the support team, not it waiting for a first response. One would think that tickets in this situation are a step closer to fulfill the request, so replying them "yes, i accept to use 200p in the name change" (thing that shouldn't even be asked since a player making such request is supposed to know what a name change involves) should give the support member the green light to close it and move on to the next ticket.

6 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Can you not just change your name from your account management page?

Not if the name you want has already been taken, even if the account using it logged in just once during CB and then never again.

1 minute ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Thing is the ticket already having a reply from the support team, not it waiting for a first response. One would think that tickets in this situation are a step closer to fulfill the request, so replying them "yes, i accept to use 200p in the name change" (thing that shouldn't even be asked since a player making such request is supposed to know what a name change involves) should give the support member the green light to close it and move on to the next ticket.

No, I get ya. These things sadly just take time.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

Not really the point I'm trying to make. It feels wrong that they answer my ticket and just... leave it. Imagine your friend asks you a question, you answer with a question too but he never replies back. Well this is exactly what's happening and its pretty dumb.

8 minutes ago, maj.death said:

For starters... you can change your name without contacting support. warframe.com NOT THE FORUMS. Your profile name. The thing on the top right, account management, change alias.

Nah, I know that (had that page open for 3 days now to quickly swap names :P). I'm trying to get someone else's name. 

12 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

You can, unless the name is already taken.  In which case, you can either pick a different name or hit up Support and ask if the account in question is inactive.  If it is, they'll be free to give you the name.

It's how I got MagPrime.  Someone had it as a name hold account, so I grabbed some screencaps to show the 0 stats on the account and went to Support.

The change itself was fairly quick, but the fallout lasted 3 months.  (serious game derp)

Welp. On this note I think I suddenly need the name BansheePrime.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

No, I get ya. These things sadly just take time.

Renaming an account through the site takes around 1 minute, i don't think that support needs an entire day to rename an inactive account to a generic name and then give it name to an active player.

Unless something's going on with that account and prevents it from giving you the name (another support request for the same name got fulfilled by someone else, the player logged in again, idk) in which case the situation should at least be explained to the player asap, otherwise it's DE's image that's being tainted in front of their players which goes against the point of a support team.

15 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Contacted support a day or two ago and got a response within 24 hours... they didn't actually help with my issue again (so I lost all my rewards from a teralyst fight through no fault of my own) though....

Really have no idea why its taking so long with me. Had people send tickets recently and they all got their answers fairly quickly (5-6 days at most). Makes it even more frustrating.

Edited by Stoner74

37 minutes ago, (PS4)TheSerg1026 said:

wow...so i submitted a clan emblem on the 11th and a support ticket a week ago.... no reply to either.....you're telling me it could be a while....

Clan emblems can take a while since they add them (usually) on bigger updates. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)TheSerg1026 said:

i haven't gotten an email saying its approved or anything.  i didn't have my email in when i submitted it tho.  i'm hoping i didn't mess it up by that.  thats what the support ticket was mainly for.  unfortunately i'm not a patient person so this is killing me.

If its approved (or not), you'll get a message in your inbox in-game. And I totally feel you man, I'm usually patient but it has its limits. I wouldn't worry that much if said name couldn't be taken in a matter of seconds after they make the change.