Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Teralyst

Gandergear

If DE wants us to stop 1 shotting teralysts then they should make the limbs weakened to the point where a chroma shouldn't have been necessary to being with. My recommendation is reduce the 100000 robotic hp on the teralyst down to 10000, 10% of its base value, as to make it possible for a team to kill it with any weapon thats not an Opticor or Sniper Rifle. Otherwise my BFG can take out the limb in like, 20 shots, which I mean sure good job DE you've made the fight 'harder' but you didn't make it 'fun'.

Anyways chromas rein of being used of sortie lephantis is also over pretty much, but that's more to do with DE's scaling than with its base design.

Chroma was never necessary to kill eidolons, stil isnt, its just prefered, can 1 shot it with volt and others with other abilitys/rivens

Eidolons are simple as is, dont need to make them easier :( no challenge = no fun, and at present they present NO CHALLENGE, bring on the new teralysts with higher damage needed to kill them

Edited by xXHobbitXx

5 minute caps is actually abnormal and probably isn't the average time the teralyst fight is designed for.

They were probably aiming for 10-20 minute fights. with sub 10 being extremely good. (5 mins still can be done if you have a group that knows what it's doing even without chroma.)

Pretty sure an organized group will only lose like 2 seconds at most from not having bugged Chroma.  My Rhino could break a part in one clip, which was only like 3~5 seconds longer than oneshotting it with Chroma.

~6 solo captures a night is possible with just about any frame able to keep the lures and themselves alive while doing unbuffed level damage from endgame optimized weapons.  You just won't see people pushing 8+ solo anymore without consumable spamming which is more due to Lure AI changes than Warframe nerfs.

Power-creep is pretty crazy and even without Chroma the Teralyst will pretty much be atomized by any endgame optimized group, which is the group it was designed to be a challenge for.

56 minutes ago, Synikal said:

As if 3-4 caps in a night is a lot... I can solo Teralyst with Chroma in 5 - 5½ minutes with Chroma, and have done 12 caps in one night with a group.

"I got 12 in a group. You think getting 1/4 of that with 1/4 of the people is a lot?"

Dude.... Teralysts are supposed to be a form of "endgame" epic-tier bosses. The point of them, is that they're not supposed to be easy lol.... 

I cant stand when people say things like these "nerf eidolons" but then turn around and complain about the lack of endgame... 

Edited by Maka.Bones

On 2/4/2018 at 9:48 PM, Chipputer said:

"I got 12 in a group. You think getting 1/4 of that with 1/4 of the people is a lot?"

Do you not realize at ~5 minutes per run I can do 9 per night solo? You're using logic as if each teammate contributes equally.

23 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

Dude.... Teralysts are supposed to be a form of "endgame" epic-tier bosses. The point of them, is that they're not supposed to be easy lol.... 

I cant stand when people say things like these "nerf eidolons" but then turn around and complain about the lack of endgame... 

Even after they fix Chroma, it will still be doable in ~6 minutes per run.

On 2/4/2018 at 9:18 PM, taiiat said:

whoosh, goes the sound of missing the point of using Warframes which do not have Damage increasing Abilities when Solo.

I've solo'd it in 7 minutes with Trinity, so 3-4 caps in a night is not great.

Edited by Synikal

2 hours ago, Synikal said:

Do you not realize at ~5 minutes per run I can do 9 per night solo? You're using logic as if each teammate contributes equally.

I have seen people do it solo with Trinity in around 5, so 7 minutes with trinity is not great either it is just ok. Def not something to brag about.

Edited by (PS4)El_Senior_Fats

1 hour ago, Synikal said:

Ok.... Good for you? So what's your point? We're trying to tell the op that teralysts don't need a nerf. They're supposed to be hard, and yet they're still easily doable with a good team comp (even with no riven). What are you trying to prove/say with your statements though? What's your point? That teralysts need a buff? Or are you just trying to say how badass you are?

24 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Ok.... Good for you? So what's your point? We're trying to tell the op that teralysts don't need a nerf. They're supposed to be hard, and yet they're still easily doable with a good team comp (even with no riven). What are you trying to prove/say with your statements though? What's your point? That teralysts need a buff? Or are you just trying to say how badass you are?

I'll go for the latter, he keeps forgetting though that there is always a bigger fish in the sea.

1 hour ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I have seen people do it solo with Trinity in around 5, so 7 minutes with trinity is not great either it is just ok. Def not something to brag about.

Send me a recording of this after the Granmu and Shield Disruption nerf and I'll believe you.

I guess being able to solo Teralyst in 7 minutes with Trinity is "just ok" even though most groups can't even do 6 teralyst captures in a night...

Edited by Synikal

39 minutes ago, Synikal said:

Send me a recording of this after the Granmu and Shield Disruption nerf and I'll believe you.

I guess being able to solo Teralyst in 7 minutes with Trinity is "just ok" even though most groups can't even do 6 teralyst captures in a night...

I still saw it. Send me a video of you doing 12 runs after the nerf in one night and I will believe you, I still think you are amazing, even if you cant, but I am not saying you cant, just saying in case you couldnt, but I am honestly sure you can

Akani could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zecrCb7FSNg

PS: Just before you go on and on, I think you are missing the point of my posts... basically like Maka said, your posts are all about you you you, instead of helping the OP you just talk about you you you, this section is called players helping players for a reason... but that's just my opinion of course

Edited by (PS4)El_Senior_Fats

18 minutes ago, (PS4)El_Senior_Fats said:

I still saw it. Send me a video of you doing 12 runs after the nerf in one night and I will believe you, I still think you are amazing, even if you cant, but I am not saying you cant, just saying in case you couldnt, but I am honestly sure you can

Akani could

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zecrCb7FSNg

PS: Just before you go on and on, I think you are missing the point of my posts... basically like Maka said, your posts are all about you you you, instead of helping the OP you just talk about you you you, this section is called players helping players for a reason... but that's just my opinion of course

I'm literally only trying to make a point that the Teralyst doesn't need to be nerfed mate. If anything, it needs a buff.

4 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Ye i kinda agree with you, but lets wait till the megalyst comes out first.

I also really wanna know how they are taking its shields down quicker than a squad where everyone had a Gilded Granmu with Rank 4 Virtuous Strike and Unairu Wisps. It's shields look like they're as low as when shield disruption worked, but it had been patched out long before then...

1 minute ago, Synikal said:

I also really wanna know how they are taking its shields down quicker than a squad where everyone had a Gilded Granmu with Rank 4 Virtuous Strike and Unairu Wisps. It's shields look like they're as low as when shield disruption worked, but it had been patched out long before then...

A lot of it is dependent on where you hit the eidolon; getting multiple hits per shot.  A tier 2 prism with the same buffs could still do it faster than granmu, if the shot is placed correctly. 

7 minutes ago, Synikal said:

I'm literally only trying to make a point that the Teralyst doesn't need to be nerfed mate. If anything, it needs a buff.

Could not agree with you more, sorry if I came as a p...ck, I just get angry when I see things like that, probably my perception, my apologies.

I am new to the game, but I can tell you one thing, the more I do teralyst the easier they feel. 

Put it like this, first time I tried it I had no clue of what was going on, barely could take down the shield, and I was with a group. I decided to learn about the fight and try it again, upgraded my amp (t1 amp) and went for a go, did ok, couldnt kill him but dropped him twice. 

Next time I did it solo I killed him but didnt get the flawless rewards since I failed to capture him (hope you know what I mean). 

Third time I captured him in about 10 minutes, died a few times, not very good I know but an improvement. Got my first flawless rewards.

Now I have done it about 20-30 times, still learning, but I can consistently capture him, and I rarely die. So I am getting better, very slowly getting better.

Which means that, if I can do it, anyone can. So I agree with you, no nerf is needed, practice will make it easier with every new attempt. Might seem impossible now but if you keep practicing, you will (or he will in this case) eventually get it. Now if you are looking to go in and get it done with almost no effort in 1 minute then he is looking at things wrong