Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When the hell is Meme Strike being nerf'd? I'm getting so sick of it, it literally is worse than Ember.

--TheGoodDoctorSloth.exe

52 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

Just stop. For godsake.

^ This, honestly at this point what the F*** do you people want.....?! this isn't a masterfully , meticoulosuly crafted single player rpg where the world scales up WITH you. Enemies scale INFINITELY thus we must ALSO scale INFINITELY. It's also a game that ask you do insane amounts of farming, to perfectly put it into perspective, killing ~180 "mid" range enemies with a permanent 1000% modifier, will get you roughly 1/4th to 1/3rd of the the daily affinity cap. Among many many many many other things

Now if poeple chose to use gear clearly to powerfull for the content they chose to do, that's another story, FINE at best restrict mission based on conclave rating or something to that affect, but don't *@##$ at players they're doing your content for you.

If you want to role-play an underpowered version of warframe by choosing suboptimal weapons and pretend you're weaker than you are that's on you, stop yelling at players and DE for literarlly using the tools at their disposal. Oooooor even better , increase the *@##$ing, make everything take 2-3-4 times longer to obtain in game, watch the players base burrow to China, then hopefully DE can do a fast enough 180 with proof you are the minority... hell i'm the minority, most of the players base of the game on forums are the MASSIVE minority

5 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Its easy to kill enemies while sliding, without maiming strike.

Sure, lets pretend that when everyone gets this riven they don't just take out their atterax and finish in a couple of minutes.  Okay.

5 minutes ago, Urabask said:

Sure, lets pretend that when everyone gets this riven they don't just take out their atterax and finish in a couple of minutes.  Okay.

I dont have Atterax. Mr fodder to me. I lvld it and got rid of it. Also, u dont need Maiming strike for Atterax to kill rooms. Gladiator mods or relentless works just as good.

32 minutes ago, Urabask said:

Lol, i got that challange like 3 days ago and did it with the zenith, while doing a syndicate mission as well for all the medallions .

Edited by Nirrel

Very good point, im also accepting this frustating thing. But its about the maiming strike or about the range mods. So as you say DE nerfed the ember about the same reason. But here is another point. She was only in short missions, or low lvls. But the sliders everywhere, everylevel. This is more frustating than ember.

1 minute ago, XeLLoOoOo said:

Very good point, im also accepting this frustating thing. But its about the maiming strike or about the range mods. So as you say DE nerfed the ember about the same reason. But here is another point. She was only in short missions, or low lvls. But the sliders everywhere, everylevel. This is more frustating than ember.

DE nerfed embers range and banshees augment because they could kill enemies as they spawned without doin anything but standing there.

No melee in the game can kill while standing in one place motionless. 

On 3/2/2018 at 5:32 AM, PowerofTwo said:

honestly at this point what the F*** do you people want.....?!

This is the point at which you should stop and wait for a response. Because you have no idea what people want, and you seem to be really mad about something that isn't real and that nobody supports.

Enemies scale INFINITELY thus we must ALSO scale INFINITELY.

The whole point of infinitely, exponentially scaling enemies is that they are meant to eventually force you to extract rather than staying in one mission forever. If we also scale infinitely, it completely defeats the purpose of scaling enemies, especially if it happens without any effort.

to perfectly put it into perspective, killing ~180 "mid" range enemies with a permanent 1000% modifier, will get you roughly 1/4th to 1/3rd of the the daily affinity cap.

Maybe you should stop focus farming in Adaro, and capture some Eidolons instead. I mean, I'm assuming you meant "focus point cap", since there isn't an affinity cap. Focus is endgame progress, and Eidolons are the endgame boss.

Oooooor even better , increase the *@##$ing, make everything take 2-3-4 times longer to obtain in game, watch the players base burrow to China, then hopefully DE can do a fast enough 180 with proof you are the minority...

You know, it's funny, because they seem to be doing the opposite, making things take a reasonable amount of time with normal methods rather than optimized cheese, and none of us are complaining about that. It might be hard for you to believe, but the people calling for "balance" and the people calling for — and celebrating — reduced grind are often the same people. I guess reduced grind isn't quite as important when you can cheese your way through it mindlessly, but that's not the game I want to play. Warframe is a game-as-a-service whose business model is all about the tradeoff between investments of time and money, but I still want it to respect my time and my money.

"What do you people want?" I want players to have options. I want those options to be viable and not the self-imposed punishment you seem to advocate. I want none of them easily disrupting each other when used normally; the sandbox is big enough for all of us. I want all of them capable of effecting meaningful progress for the player in reasonable amounts of time. That's it. I want everyone in the same game actually playing the same game (whatever way they choose to play it), and being treated fairly on all sides.

53 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

This is the point at which you should stop and wait for a response. Because you have no idea what people want, and you seem to be really mad about something that isn't real and that nobody supports.

The whole point of infinitely, exponentially scaling enemies is that they are meant to eventually force you to extract rather than staying in one mission forever. If we also scale infinitely, it completely defeats the purpose of scaling enemies, especially if it happens without any effort.

Maybe you should stop focus farming in Adaro, and capture some Eidolons instead. I mean, I'm assuming you meant "focus point cap", since there isn't an affinity cap. Focus is endgame progress, and Eidolons are the endgame boss.

You know, it's funny, because they seem to be doing the opposite, making things take a reasonable amount of time with normal methods rather than optimized cheese, and none of us are complaining about that. It might be hard for you to believe, but the people calling for "balance" and the people calling for — and celebrating — reduced grind are often the same people. I guess reduced grind isn't quite as important when you can cheese your way through it mindlessly, but that's not the game I want to play. Warframe is a game-as-a-service whose business model is all about the tradeoff between investments of time and money, but I still want it to respect my time and my money.

"What do you people want?" I want players to have options. I want those options to be viable and not the self-imposed punishment you seem to advocate. I want none of them easily disrupting each other when used normally; the sandbox is big enough for all of us. I want all of them capable of effecting meaningful progress for the player in reasonable amounts of time. That's it. I want everyone in the same game actually playing the same game (whatever way they choose to play it), and being treated fairly on all sides.

Whats fair? For some... Fair is using Maiming strike on whatever weapon whenever, however... for others fair is playing max range ember and killing everything in and outts sight... For others fair is a challenge so steep thats impossible to do alone and requires a group for everything. There are people that suck and want everyone else to suck so they suck less... To them, thats fair. Ur idea of fair...

Isnt fair imo.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

There are people that suck and want everyone else to suck so they suck less... To them, thats fair. Ur idea of fair...

Isnt fair imo.

Yeah, you made that up. Those people don't exist, and I don't remember telling you what my idea of "fair" is. Nice try, though.

See, none of this is about who sucks and who doesn't. Using powerful (or overpowered, as the case may be) weapons doesn't make you suck less. This entire thread, at its most basic level, is about wanting weapons to at least be in the same ballpark, rather than orders of magnitude apart, so that there aren't unreasonably few "correct" choices, with the rest being noob traps or "mastery fodder".

16 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Yeah, you made that up. Those people don't exist, and I don't remember telling you what my idea of "fair" is. Nice try, though.

See, none of this is about who sucks and who doesn't. Using powerful (or overpowered, as the case may be) weapons doesn't make you suck less. This entire thread, at its most basic level, is about wanting weapons to at least be in the same ballpark, rather than orders of magnitude apart, so that there aren't unreasonably few "correct" choices, with the rest being noob traps or "mastery fodder".

I didn't read ur WoT tbh. Read the last paragraph. Nerfs dont fix anything. Period.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

1 minute ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

I didn't read ur WoT tbh. Rrad the last paragraph. Nerfs dont fix anything. Period.

That's not a wall of text. It has paragraphs, FFS. All the words are there for a reason. If you're not going to read, and you're just going to spout talking points that don't actually address what you're allegedly replying to, then you're not actually participating in the discussion. That being the case...LOL, bye.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:47 PM, Urabask said:

memestrikeriven.jpg

Just got this Riven yesterday.  It's like the game is screaming " USE MEME STRIKE DAMMIT".

Use Ember. It is not restricted to melee and now Ember gotta get closer anyway. Some silly infested mission using Ember and Spraying with an Ignis everywhere is faster than Memestrike.

Lol

I literally just got out DPS'd by a MR11 earlier, yeah I'm not the best player.. not saying I am, I think I'm better than most, but definitely not the best. This guy comes outa nowhere with his Loki and just starts spinning.. not to mention spinning momentum is faster than sprinting or bullet jumping with the right speed.... so yeeeeeeah that was just today. Just an example. *prepares for salt*

39 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

That's not a wall of text. It has paragraphs, FFS. All the words are there for a reason. If you're not going to read, and you're just going to spout talking points that don't actually address what you're allegedly replying to, then you're not actually participating in the discussion. That being the case...LOL, bye.

Ur saying that using mods/weapons that make one player op over another isnt fair. 

Im saying, theres always gointo be another player better... Overpowered is a way of life. Nerfing everything will kill this game like it killed destiny.

6 minutes ago, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

I literally just got out DPS'd by a MR11 earlier, yeah I'm not the best player.. not saying I am, I think I'm better than most, but definitely not the best. This guy comes outa nowhere with his Loki and just starts spinning.. not to mention spinning momentum is faster than sprinting or bullet jumping with the right speed.... so yeeeeeeah that was just today. Just an example. *prepares for salt*

I’d be amused if he showed you his build and it was a Condition Overload build. No Maiming Strike whatsoever. Just a baseline 14% minimum crit with Blood Rush and Naramon’s Power Spike.

I tend to out-dps peeps with a Resonance Sonar Savage Silence Banshee Prime if given the opportunity. Again, no Maiming Strike. Just rhythmic tenacity and banking on stealth multipliers without proc’ing finishers.

11 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

I mean i aggree with that but the simple fact of the matter is most options right now DO NOT respect your time, not when enemies scale like they do. Perfect example, in todays t3 sortie, was kuva fortress defence, i was using inaros and a Condition Overload LESION (shock horror not memeing strike), a R3 guardian and a R0 Grace . Ended up with 85% of the dmg done killing ~645 enemies, the closest pubie to me had 90 something kills... not trying to blow my own horn but fact of the matter is the other 3 people in that grp didn't get to "play the game" because i was overpowered, and if i or a similarly powerfull player wasn't in that grp they would 100% have been wasting their time as they had 0% chance of doing that sortie and to top it all off beatifully, got a legendary core. I invite them to come to the forums and whine about how stuff like ember and memeing strike are sucking the fun out of warframe.

I don't get it fundamentally i think, i was that newb once doing the (old) startchart trying to get stuff like freaking serration , intensify and elemental damage mods.... whenever i hit an ember i wasn't thinking "man i don't get to play (farm)" i was thinking "yey free stuff!" along with "i need to get me one of those thats awsome!". On a side note as per the OP's post i don't see doing pub farming like sorties or kuva as "playing the game" ... i see that happening in organized play, stuff like eidolons , trials, endurance runs when you build a team etc. The funny part about these arguments for me is "i clicked this node to get kuva / roll on the sortie table and this player in my party just made it easier and faster for me to do that... F*** him!" O_

EDIT P.S.: Please stop using the word "game-as-a-service" everytime you do that a AAA exec gets his horns.... games as service is how we get Battlefront X_X

Edited by PowerofTwo

1 hour ago, PowerofTwo said:

EDIT P.S.: Please stop using the word "game-as-a-service" everything you do that a AAA exec gets his horns.... games as service is how we get Battlefront X_X

But that's what it is. I'm as upset as the next person that major publishers want to turn all games into that, but Warframe, as a "massively multiplayer" game (albeit a somewhat non-traditional one), relies on DE to maintain its servers and provide continual updates. As long as you play Warframe, you have an ongoing relationship with DE. AAA executives crave that relationship because they want to monetize it as much as possible. You can be as disgusted as you like that EA tried to do that with BioWare franchises that have traditionally been single-player experiences, or with generic multiplayer shooters like Battlefront that don't need the massive infrastructure, and I'd agree with you there, but Warframe's very nature means that DE is literally providing a "service" by maintaining it. It simply would not be the same game, otherwise.

And the reason I brought it up is that the entire category has a reputation for not respecting players' time, because it's often in their financial interest not to. So when DE makes changes to Warframe like alternative means of progressing in high-end/endgame content (both focus and arcanes) that is both more expedient and more engaging, or the rebalancing of weapons to make 100+ of them (more) viable, even as they nerf outliers to prevent them from completely dominating the meta and forcing players to ask "why would I use anything else?", suffice it to say that I have an overall positive opinion of the game's direction.