Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When the hell is Meme Strike being nerf'd? I'm getting so sick of it, it literally is worse than Ember.

--TheGoodDoctorSloth.exe

9 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, TKDancer said:

box breaking isnt smth that should come before actual game balance jesus

if u dont want to use limbo to break boxes thats on you, but your (and other's) desire to keep the games balance a mess for the sake of BREAKING BOXES with ease is a bad one, sorry

11 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Lolno.  If they do, it's because they're misguided.  The new RQ augment is even more cancerous than the old one, somehow.  Pretty much, nothing changed with the Banshee problem.  

On the contrary. Killing with RQ doesn't level your weapons. RQ peak DPS is much lower now, especially at long range, with only the lack of ramp-up allowing people to perceive it as doing more (at least in the first few waves). Only going as far as RQ can continue killing quickly doesn't net you much affinity in the first place, and if someone is focus farming via affinity rather than Eidolon hunts, they're even more misguided, anyway. Basically the only reason to use RQ that way is to level your Banshee.

On the other hand, Sonar is the best tool for gaining affinity with weapons that otherwise are too undermodded to kill quickly, which is often the reason people go to Hydron. People have started to become far more welcoming to Sonar Banshees, as the RQ trend slowly dies.

7 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

On the contrary. Killing with RQ doesn't level your weapons. RQ peak DPS is much lower now, especially at long range, with only the lack of ramp-up allowing people to perceive it as doing more (at least in the first few waves). Only going as far as RQ can continue killing quickly doesn't net you much affinity in the first place, and if someone is focus farming via affinity rather than Eidolon hunts, they're even more misguided, anyway. Basically the only reason to use RQ that way is to level your Banshee.

On the other hand, Sonar is the best tool for gaining affinity with weapons that otherwise are too undermodded to kill quickly, which is often the reason people go to Hydron. People have started to become far more welcoming to Sonar Banshees, as the RQ trend slowly dies.

Rq + resonance x efficiency = sheer awsomness

30 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Kinda amusing to me as I've almost always brought a Sonar Banshee to Hydron for that very reason. Even when leveling weapons that Sonar doesn't especially benefit, it's always seem the more team-friendly approach to just make everyone else have the potential to do massive amounts of damage, even if I can't contribute all that much personally. As always, combining that with a Speedva leads to general hilarity and often a lot of, "How the F*** did we clear 10-15 waves that fast?"

39 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Old RQ was overkill anyway, new RQ still almost doubles range, and new RQ costs no energy to cast, removing dependency on energy bandaids and being 100+% sustainable with Zenurik.  Not saying that sonar isn't a good thing, but RQ is still an afk farming tool, albeit now with a macro.  Eidolon hunts can be a headache and are totally unavailable for 1.5 hour periods, so Hydron is still relevant for that.  

12 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Old RQ was overkill anyway, new RQ still almost doubles range, and new RQ costs no energy to cast, removing dependency on energy bandaids and being 100+% sustainable with Zenurik.  Not saying that sonar isn't a good thing, but RQ is still an afk farming tool, albeit now with a macro.  Eidolon hunts can be a headache and are totally unavailable for 1.5 hour periods, so Hydron is still relevant for that.  

Macro = boring. Standing in ine place doin anything is so meh. Which is why i dont play mesa for her 4.

Meme Strike is definitely worse than Ember, because the problem with Ember was bad matchmaking. If a player with a kitted out ember was clearing low starchart for you and you didn't like it because it wasn't engaging enough, that's because that player is a lifeguard playing in the kiddie pool, because WoF's damage has always been pitiful.

That said, Maiming Strike isn't the problem, people who turn on macros and walk are the problem. If they want to play the boring way, whatever, that's on them. Have fun being whip ballerinas I guess, there are much more effective and enjoyable ways to play the game.

2 hours ago, SteamlordD said:

Meme Strike is definitely worse than Ember, because the problem with Ember was bad matchmaking. If a player with a kitted out ember was clearing low starchart for you and you didn't like it because it wasn't engaging enough, that's because that player is a lifeguard playing in the kiddie pool, because WoF's damage has always been pitiful.

That said, Maiming Strike isn't the problem, people who turn on macros and walk are the problem. If they want to play the boring way, whatever, that's on them. Have fun being whip ballerinas I guess, there are much more effective and enjoyable ways to play the game.

No macro for console

4 hours ago, SteamlordD said:

So...why is Maiming strike an issue if you clearly admit that it is a matter of player preference and not a matter of game balance?

11 hours ago, Aegni said:

So...why is Maiming strike an issue if you clearly admit that it is a matter of player preference and not a matter of game balance?

there's a difference between "player preference" and a development company throwing things out into the community without any thought as to how it's going to be used. They keep talking about encouraging active play and how against afk play they are, but hey, macro slide attack, afk in a corner, game done. Maybe Digital Extremes should get their game design aligned with their idea of how people are supposed to play their game.

3 hours ago, SteamlordD said:

there's a difference between "player preference" and a development company throwing things out into the community without any thought as to how it's going to be used. They keep talking about encouraging active play and how against afk play they are, but hey, macro slide attack, afk in a corner, game done. Maybe Digital Extremes should get their game design aligned with their idea of how people are supposed to play their game.

No corners in PoE. Its not unbalanced there.

20 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Actually it has... DE nerfed it so enemies couldn't be killed as they spawn. Only in the small rooms can this still happen. 

Try it for yourself.  Everything in Hydron, and even Bere, dies in the room that it spawned in.  Bring 4x CP and two or more buffs, and you can go on for 30+ waves, totally energy-independent.  

I am someone who uses it responisbly.
Example: The Redeemer is a shotgun type gunblade with very low crit chance...but with Maiming strike, Berserker, Primed Fury, the Bullet Dance stance and Warcy...I turn it into a mini-gun...My Valkyr's Eternal War build is actually called Minigun and if I ever use it I am most likely using the Redeemer with that mod setup (plus some unlisted modes); also called Minigun. Why do I do this? BECAUSE IT'S FUN! As long as you don't easily get motion sickness, which yay I don't have that problem.

Here is some pointless trivia. Whenever some classmate of mine did something to piss off the teacher enough that they give a suprise test to the entire class, I never even took out my pen out of spite, because making everyone suffer thanks to somebody's dumb mistake...is also in most cases an avoidable mistake.

Now what happens to my Redeemer build and other people who may use Maiming Strike but don't spam slide attacks, if the mod get's nerfed? Obvious suffering of innocent tenno!
Ok sure, there are ways around it, renember the Telos Boltace at release and after? The same or similiar method could work, I guess...but is it really gona stop a significant amount of slide attack spammers?

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

I am someone who uses it responisbly.
Example: The Redeemer is a shotgun type gunblade with very low crit chance...but with Maiming strike, Berserker, Primed Fury, the Bullet Dance stance and Warcy...I turn it into a mini-gun...My Valkyr's Eternal War build is actually called Minigun and if I ever use it I am most likely using the Redeemer with that mod setup (plus some unlisted modes); also called Minigun. Why do I do this? BECAUSE IT'S FUN! As long as you don't easily get motion sickness, which yay I don't have that problem.

Here is some pointless trivia. Whenever some classmate of mine did something to piss off the teacher enough that they give a suprise test to the entire class, I never even took out my pen out of spite, because making everyone suffer thanks to somebody's dumb mistake...is also in most cases an avoidable mistake.

Now what happens to my Redeemer build and other people who may use Maiming Strike but don't spam slide attacks, if the mod get's nerfed? Obvious suffering of innocent tenno!
Ok sure, there are ways around it, renember the Telos Boltace at release and after? The same or similiar method could work, I guess...but is it really gona stop a significant amount of slide attack spammers?

No it wont. I dont Maiming strike, but i slide attk with my zaw keewar, mewan, dark spit sword, nami skyla prime etc...

4 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Nerfing anything will just make something else take its place. Fact

Yes, but the end goal is to not have the replacement be as abused/broken. Silly argument that nothing can be nerfed because something else will take its place.

12 hours ago, SteamlordD said:

Except you can't afk in a corner to kill everything because unless its an ifnested...they have ranged attacks.

You need to be active to use it.

Maiming strike alone is fine. However the combination of Maiming Strike and Blood Rush is overpowered. Even condition overload doesn't even come close to this.

A simple change as someone else stated would be to make maiming strike apply after blood rush.

Why is this a problem ? For the same reason spamulor synoid, ember wof or banshee RQ was a problem. It steal the fun from other players.

And please don't come and tell me that this a high risk high reward gameplay. It's a no risk high reward gameplay. Need 400 pl to buy ? You can get this in less than a week. Your warframe is getting shooted at while you spin ? Take Loki, Rhino or Inaros, and problem solved. You need to keep your combo high ? Naramon is your friend.

The biggest issue is, you don't even need anything around your maiming strike + blood rush combo to make it effective, no need for a special frame, no need for a special build, all you need is spin to win.