Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When the hell is Meme Strike being nerf'd? I'm getting so sick of it, it literally is worse than Ember.

--TheGoodDoctorSloth.exe

I have maiming strike but never really used it unless i was messing around with non crit weapon. 

Sure  it can be annoying to see copter spinning coming back as it makes every other melee look just worthless, unless we go to very high levels. 

I dont ask DE to nerf it but i would smile widely if they did. 

Grap popcorn and watch meme spinners unleash hell on the forums.

1 hour ago, TKDancer said:

add a cool-down to it of a few seconds OR make it a multiplicative bonus(this to both maiming and the crit on slide rivens) AND make melee weapons not pierce walls

done

I always considered the main problem to be range mods. I mean, an atterax without primed reach its way less powerfull than with it, since reach its what allows you to really capitalize the spin move.
Without reach you still hit like a truck, but hit 1/4 the enemies you normally do with it.

For me the insane damage on maiming strike isnt the real problem, melee range is. You can even take an orthos prime with a CO build with reach instead of a second attack speed mod and do a 1 hour survival or kill everything without letting your team do a single thing.

12 minutes ago, calenhed33 said:

I always considered the main problem to be range mods. I mean, an atterax without primed reach its way less powerfull than with it, since reach its what allows you to really capitalize the spin move.
Without reach you still hit like a truck, but hit 1/4 the enemies you normally do with it.

For me the insane damage on maiming strike isnt the real problem, melee range is. You can even take an orthos prime with a CO build with reach instead of a second attack speed mod and do a 1 hour survival or kill everything without letting your team do a single thing.

main issue is def melee range + melee attacks going through walls

12 minutes ago, calenhed33 said:

Which is why i propose a 15m melee range cap.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Which is why i propose a 15m melee range cap.

Idk, for me the best thing they can do to balance insanely high damage output from melee its to remove range mods, ranged weapons hace that, range. And to be realistic, at 15m range cap you still are a better ranged weapon than a shotgun...

Melee combat should never been able to get access to reach mods on the first place, or its damage should be VERY hardly nerfed in order to make taking a reach mod a very important desicion.

As its stands now, unless they remove range increasing mods or make damage falloff with distance on a heavy way, melee its unbalanced as F***

39 minutes ago, calenhed33 said:

Idk, for me the best thing they can do to balance insanely high damage output from melee its to remove range mods, ranged weapons hace that, range. And to be realistic, at 15m range cap you still are a better ranged weapon than a shotgun...

Melee combat should never been able to get access to reach mods on the first place, or its damage should be VERY hardly nerfed in order to make taking a reach mod a very important desicion.

As its stands now, unless they remove range increasing mods or make damage falloff with distance on a heavy way, melee its unbalanced as F***

Removing range mods litteraly nerfs every other melee in the game. Ever use dual raza? Great weapon... Horrible range. The extra 1.5m primed reach adds literally saves this weapon. 

Nerfing reach mods because of a handful of weapons, is a massive melee nerf.

Plus most shotguns have falloff at 20m plus... 15m cap is less than that. Tigris, drakgoon and hek can kill high lvl enemies at 30m+ easily.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

Meming strike is kind of a silly mod (especially since slide attacks can't commonly hit the head anyway) but the big problem here is Blood Rush.  Blood rush is multiplying Maiming strike's giant flat critical chance bonus (also arcane avenger and other sources of flat critical chance,) which works contrary to how all other multiplicative critical bonuses work. Blood Rush needs to be fixed before anything else.

On 3/4/2018 at 4:06 PM, TKDancer said:

main issue is def melee range + melee attacks going through walls

I don't personally mind it myself, but it is completely ridiculous that melee weapons can go 22 meters through walls. I would be happy with a nerf that capped range, or included damage falloff, and required line-of-sight for melee weapons.

Something, cause my current melee, a strangely modded and riven'd sigma can EASILY single or small crowd out DPS any meme strike build, but only in small proximity, which is fine cause it is.... more "realistic". I personally wouldn't have much of a problem if the range wasn't stupid and it couldn't hit through walls.

50 minutes ago, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

Something, cause my current melee, a strangely modded and riven'd sigma can EASILY single or small crowd out DPS any meme strike build, but only in small proximity, which is fine cause it is.... more "realistic". I personally wouldn't have much of a problem if the range wasn't stupid and it couldn't hit through walls.

Ur back and forth, very wishy washy. One minute ur screaming "nerf meme strike" the next "nerf range" ... Make up ur mind.

Also, sigma and octantis is very short range... My heat sword could out dps u in comparison. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)damagerate1 said:

I’m on PS4 and i just about never see people using it.

Without a macro, it gives some major carpal tunnel...

I dont see how maiming strike ruins fun. For me and many of other players fun means less grind time i.e (grinding for parts, xp, forma) and more time to enjoy that new shiny that you have farmed and formaed. Maiming strike is a tool to reduce grind time. Until DE reduces the time for the ridiculous grind in its game, people will and always turn to efficient and mindless farming method to reduce the time and pain of grinding to get to enjoy the new shiny more. So i dont see how maiming strike is ruining anyones fun. In fact, i see maiming strike players and players who are helping me to get the stuff done faster.

To prove my point take a look at vivergate. With nekros, banshee, mag and buffer, the team and just camp at a particular spot on viver in eris and continuously kill enemies with  only abilities i.e mindless button mashing. You could even take it furthur by using macros to farm the map overnight. There was no human interaction and definitely not 'fun'.

But it was popular, many people exploited it because at that time xp grind for affinity and syndicate was absoulety ridiculous. It took about a  3-4days to simply get one syndicate mod. The grind was hard, time consuming and boring. Although the farming was unfun, people did it anyway because it lessen the grind time and hence more time to enjoy the new mod, weapon, frame etc

It is the same case with maiming strike. Grind is long and boring and naturally people turn to the most efficient method to lessen grind in this case slide spam meta. I dont want to see maiming strike nerf as it lessens grind and let me have more time to enjoy that new shiny I have been working for. 

Until DE reduces grind or creates alternative ways of getting what you want ina resonable time frame maiming strike DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT be nerfed.

DE also introduce maiming strike modifier to rivens, and it kind of created a delicate situation where DE is gonna upset plat buying people when they nerf maiming strike.

Besides why do you people want to make life hard for yourself? When DE releases something that lessens grind people complain and cry because its op , kills 'fun' but when DE nerfs it people complain again for buffs because the nerfed item is anything but minutely useful after that eg tonkor.

Edited by VortexInfinity

8 hours ago, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

It couldnt out DPS me I promise, but yes.. it lacks range definitely, exactly my point, and yes Im aware Im all over the place but thats the thing, meme strike would be fine if it didn't have such ridiculous range, but you can't nerf range without hurting others, so nerf meme strike instead.. not sure..

Cap range to 15m and it would be fine.

All I have to say is: Don’t nerf my box breaking. I didn’t care so much about the Telos Boltace nerf/rework (it still needs more work to make the weapon more optimal for form factor and usage) and with the recent beam changes Ignis/Wraith was nerfed in such a way that it’s range was cut down and it requires a Punch-through mod(s) in order to retain box-breaking qualities. 

The transition from Telos Boltace to Ignis/Wraith and whip-sliding was a response to adjust toward other alternatives to break boxes. However, cutting down the range on whips, or making melee LoS so that it needs to interact with an object in order to break boxes would be a travesty imho. This especially so for those that need to farm for Syndicate medallions.

Please, as someone who would rather rhythmically farm my boxes with slide attacks than to use Ignis (or rather, use a max range Limbo), I implore that the current methodology to box breaking NOT be nerfed.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

All I have to say is: Don’t nerf my box breaking. I didn’t care so much about the Telos Boltace nerf/rework (it still needs more work to make the weapon more optimal for form factor and usage) and with the recent beam changes Ignis/Wraith was nerfed in such a way that it’s range was cut down and it requires a Punch-through mod(s) in order to retain box-breaking qualities. 

The transition from Telos Boltace to Ignis/Wraith and whip-sliding was a response to adjust toward other alternatives to break boxes. However, cutting down the range on whips, or making melee LoS so that it needs to interact with an object in order to break boxes would be a travesty imho. This especially so for those that need to farm for Syndicate medallions.

Please, as someone who would rather rhythmically farm my boxes with slide attacks than to use Ignis (or rather, use a max range Limbo), I implore that the current methodology to box breaking NOT be nerfed.

box breaking isnt smth that should come before actual game balance jesus

if u want to break boxes build limbo

Edited by TKDancer

On 2/6/2018 at 3:33 PM, --Dr.AbaddonicSloth said:

It is as simple as the title. I don't have a problem with the mod per se, but the fact that Atterax, Lecta, Scoliac, polearms and staves can potentially have up to 20m range with rivens.... 20 meters, that is a whole 20 meters ahead of the group of other players. And not even necessarily max 20 meters, possibly even 21 or 22m on scoliac and such. 

This is false, the biggest range you can achieve with a melee is 19 meters, and this is only with the Scoliac, and only if you are lucky enough to have a MAX range riven (which is worth thousands of plat) and a Primed Reach.  All those other weapons have considerably less range.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Fairfied said:

This is false, the biggest range you can achieve with a melee is 19 meters, and this is only with the Scoliac, and only if you are lucky enough to have a MAX range riven (which is worth thousands of plat) and a Primed Reach.  All those other weapons have considerably less range.

Indeed

5 hours ago, TKDancer said:

if u want to break boxes build limbo

10 hours ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Please, as someone who would rather rhythmically farm my boxes with slide attacks than to use Ignis (or rather, use a max range Limbo)I implore that the current methodology to box breaking NOT be nerfed.

giphy.gif

On 2/16/2018 at 2:34 PM, MirageKnight said:

At least the Banshees I've seen on Hydron recently actually use Sonar and Silence now.

Lolno.  If they do, it's because they're misguided.  The new RQ augment is even more cancerous than the old one, somehow.  Pretty much, nothing changed with the Banshee problem.  

Edited by RealPandemonium