Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Save Warframe

Scionis

This was one of my favorite FPS of all time.  I played Destiny and loved it, but this had something else.  Plains is my least favorite part of the game, and I don't want to play it.  As a matter of fact I don't.  I don't do the missions there, I don't do the bounties there.  It isn't because I don't want the loot, it seems at this time there is some of the best loot available in the game, but I absolutely hate it.

While this could be a rant about why I hate the plains, instead I post--"why this will cause Warframe to end".  Warfarme is awesome, but because of its futuristic, action-acrobatics, skill-required missions set on interstellar ships in space.  Gameplay, weapons, skins, artwork...absolutely fantastic.  I don't want to go to ancient city with no technology and fish, mine, etc...  If I wanted that I would take a time machine back to high school and play WoW.

But way does Warframe need saving?  That is because the Devs keep pushing the Plains, and that is how Warframe will die.  Everything awesome about Warframe is being discarded to work on a replacement for World of Worldcraft.  I don't want to play a terrible game like that, I want Warframe back.  Space Battles, new interaction modes, and I wouldn't mind a PvP that actually motivated players to work together rather than reward individual performances.

Right now the Devs have gotten a lot of "positive feedback" for the Plains, that means the following two things will happen:

#1 The release of an exact duplicate of the Plains except for Corpus, because that is the only race left.  This release will be subpar, and split the small audience of Plains' current players between the two.  There won't be an increase, it will be more the same, and this second one will be a complete failure.  "8 out of 10 in reviews of the Plains" I heard.  This one will be a 5.  And no one will know why, but this is the reason.

#2 A third release that duplicates the failure in #1.  How can the second release be so bad, everyone will ask themselves.  And that is because we aren't listening the feedback for the Plains.  We'll think that #1 was fluke and the "Plains is just awesome" maybe it was the landscape, the missions, the bosses, the fights, new enemies, new factions, whatever.  Any delusion will sound good to justify the release of a 3rd Plains.

DE will have spent two years avoiding new content.  No new content means loss of player base, by the time they realize this, most players will not be playing anymore, and those that "Like the Plains" will move on to the next game which offers a better MMORPG feel, because Warframe hasn't mastered that and the current player base doesn't want it.

5 minutes ago, Scionis said:

DE will have spent two years avoiding new content.  No new content means loss of player base, by the time they realize this, most players will not be playing anymore, and those that "Like the Plains" will move on to the next game which offers a better MMORPG feel, because Warframe hasn't mastered that and the current player base doesn't want it.

You are one person. Please don't presume to speak on behalf of "the current player base". 

The plains aren't perfect everyone will say that, but the potential it has is massive. The plains have opened numerous opportunities for new game modes and zones. The space battles you mention could be possible now.( Imagine large groups of tenno in Dargons battling each other) I personally like the bounty system, sure they get repetitive, but what isn't in Warframe? Instead of sitting in one location guarding a cyropod you are moving to different locations doing short missions getting a reward each time. The loading times aren't optimal, but you can still get more(in theory without bugs) relics from the bounties than having a chance to get the relic you want every 5 min. Besides, if you spent years on a project wouldn't you want to push that project a little more than the rest of the game? They will never abandon the core Warframe gameplay, but the newer content will be slower to come out as they fix what needs to be fixed before they focus on something new.

Yeah I know I hate POE too. But there are arcanes for zaws, infested zaws are actually good end game viable. You can craft AMPs and arcane for operator to boost your warframe or operator, I prefer Warframe, because you play as him/it/her the most.

I hate fishing mechanic, you need to sit in one place and wait for fishes to spawn, or find a spot and throw bait.... this isn't how fishing working in real life. In real life you need to find a spot where you see several fishes and then throw a bait.
This system makes rare fishes common with rare baits, and impossible to get them without bait or different bait, which should not happen.

How it should be:
-Fishes should be all the time in water or in spawning if you are near like 50 meters range.
-Rare fishes are spawning rarely.
-Rare fishes are swimming deep underwater or far away so they are almost impossible to catch.
-If you throw bait for a specific fish, they are coming closer. In that way rare fishes with rare bait would be easier to catch, but still a rare. Not just build a rare bait and get rare fish as a common swimming fish, only because you had a bait -_-. That system in my opinion have no sense which is in the game.
-There should be a trick where you can move water and some fishes could come closer to check if its a food or what.

Fishing and mining without resource booster is just terrible. Fishing is acceptable but mining is terrible slow :/

Bounties are really boring not fun at all etc. DE said that they are happy that we really overplayed bounties already. YEAH because everyone want standing points to get NEW stuff in the game, and it is a GRIND. Many people don't like Bounties but they need to play it to get everything, especially veteran players, which have already everything else from the game. New content overplayed doesn't mean that players like it. Just look at the grind you made there.

I'm happy that I already ended with POE just later need to capture teralyst 5 times to get all way-bound passives unlocked.

I hope the new Open world, bring new mechanics, not another grind of boring mining and fishing and the same bounty missions but with different enemies, fishes and resources....

Edited by IfritKajiTora

I agree in that it feels like the beginning of the end of Destiny2. We got upcoming nerfs (Ember just too big to go down like that), circular grinding, and what feels like intentional obstacles to earning plat in-game. Is it too soon to tell? Yes, but suddenly this week the Warframe world seems so gray.

One by one all the warframes in my arsenal are starting to fade, there's still a handful left that I get excited about when I pass over them in the arsenal. Well, at least there's hundreds of weapons to fool around with until more frames come out.

You know if the OP actually constructively criticised the parts of the plains that he didn't like or didn't find fun, I would've actually related to him and agreed with what he has to say.

Instead he chose the dumb way, the doomsday calling. the calling the plains a failure when in reality it was far from that, it had a rocky launch but things this size don't always have the smoothest releases and it may need a few improvements, but its far from a failure. and ofcourse the worst of all, he called Warframe a first person shooter.

Dear OP,

A rant would've been better than this.

Edited by Midrib

2 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I agree in that it feels like the beginning of the end of Destiny2. We got upcoming nerfs (Ember just too big to go down like that), circular grinding, and what feels like intentional obstacles to earning plat in-game. Is it too soon to tell? Yes, but suddenly this week the Warframe world seems so gray.

Suddenly? Where have you been? Warframe has always been the very things you describe here. There have always been nerfs, and will continue to be nerfs. There has always been circular grinding. There has always been artificially created hardship to encourage you to skip the grind and spend plat. None of this is news.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

One by one all the warframes in my arsenal are starting to fade, there's still a handful left that I get excited about when I pass over them in the arsenal. Well, at least there's hundreds of weapons to fool around with until more frames come out.

Sounds like a case of burnout. It's probably not something that can be fixed by the developers. Take a brake from Warframe, play something else, come back in half a year with a fresh pair of eyes. Nothing wrong with that. It happens to everyone at one point or another.

I understand where OP is coming from. What got me into Warframe is mostly missing in PoE, and once I explored the plains a bit, I wasn't motivated to continue going there.

I don't mind DE investing more in PoE and making it better, perhaps making it more integrated with the rest of Warframe gameplay. What I do mind is being cajoled to do content that's just not appealing. Make plains interesting and more sci-fi like, then I'll be ok to do those boring bounties.

I'm not keen on the plains, but that doesn't mean the game will die, there is so much to do in the game other than plains. Sure, i'm not keen on fishing or mining, they feel a bit like make work, but to be honest i like the bounties, the visual style etc. If i have to do plains, or at least have to mine or fish i would be sad, but i dont, so its okay.

Is Warframe going to die? doubt it. 

The plains may not fit your idea of sci-fi future battlegrounds, but neither would the outdoor areas on the other planets if you take away the Corpus or Grineer architecture that make up the bulk of those tilesets.

Atm we know little of the Corpus City, but I assume there will be no mining / fishing, but rather you have to find these materials in other ways more befitting a sci-fi cityscape.

Besides, I've been here since open beta started, and I won't be going anywhere, anytime soon. So please do not speak for me, or any of the players that still enjoy and support the game and the developers. Thanks.

Not everybody likes or hates all content but there are always new contents otherwise the game would not have improved at all and long ago died out. There were a lot of new items, frames, fixes, changes, new places, quests, events etc. There are players whom new but know a lot of the game and there are players whom nostalgic and see every new content bad. That is not the devs fault they make a new content which not liked by everyone. It is impossible to make everyone happy but if you still sticked with the game then there are contents which fine to you. I am new player and I don't have problems with the plains beyond the grinding but this game all about the grind. There is still missing some quests but there is still a lot to do and I am enjoying most of the game. There are parts what I am not enyoing or I think it should be different, but everyone have their own ideas and opinions and not everybody like the all game. There will be parts of the game which will be always hated and will be parts which praised and beloved.

Peoples cry if no constant new content coming also peoples cry if the game not balanced and no fixes for old content. No devs in the globe can achieve both in the same time and DE is a medium sized team which needs to be 3 times larger to be able to do a constant fix and new content creation then the game could improve a lot more. If you don't like a part of the game then don't play that part or play it and try to like it. Sometimes this can help but often the best to break a game if it is too much or too negatively affecting you. If you have constructive idea what you don't like there is still the feedback section but threads like this not really useful for the devs.

50 minutes ago, Midrib said:

You know if the OP actually constructively criticised the parts of the plains that he didn't like or didn't find fun, I would've actually related to him and agreed with what he has to say.

Instead he chose the dumb way, the doomsday calling. the calling the plains a failure when in reality it was far from that, it had a rocky launch but things this size don't always have the smoothest releases and it may need a few improvements, but its far from a failure. and ofcourse the worst of all, he called Warframe a first person shooter.

Dear OP,

A rant would've been better than this.

What a mistake to try assign a label.  Of course Warframe is much more than a FPS :).

I will say, trying to pick apart the Plains is something that I can elaborate on, and exactly what I don't find fun.  Does that help align a future for Warframe?  Maybe good arguments against the content is what DE needs to hear, but I believe complaints on top of complaints won't get us anywhere (and have been elaborated to no end in other threads).  I prefer to relish in this aspects of the game we all love, and entice DE to sponsor more content that achieves that, rather than trying to fix the current issues.  I want everyone to talk about what they enjoy most in the game and hope to see some to light, rather than how to create a short term fix to the Plains.

If we come together and say "Here is what is wrong with the plains", they will say "Here is how we fixed it".  Instead let's say "This is what we love about Warframe" and in doing so, they will say "We've created this for you."  I don't pretend to be a game production expert, so I'll fixate on what I want instead of what I don't want.

hace 1 hora, Scionis dijo:

This was one of my favorite FPS of all time.  I played Destiny and loved it, but this had something else.  Plains is my least favorite part of the game, and I don't want to play it.  As a matter of fact I don't.  I don't do the missions there, I don't do the bounties there.  It isn't because I don't want the loot, it seems at this time there is some of the best loot available in the game, but I absolutely hate it.

While this could be a rant about why I hate the plains, instead I post--"why this will cause Warframe to end".  Warfarme is awesome, but because of its futuristic, action-acrobatics, skill-required missions set on interstellar ships in space.  Gameplay, weapons, skins, artwork...absolutely fantastic.  I don't want to go to ancient city with no technology and fish, mine, etc...  If I wanted that I would take a time machine back to high school and play WoW.

But way does Warframe need saving?  That is because the Devs keep pushing the Plains, and that is how Warframe will die.  Everything awesome about Warframe is being discarded to work on a replacement for World of Worldcraft.  I don't want to play a terrible game like that, I want Warframe back.  Space Battles, new interaction modes, and I wouldn't mind a PvP that actually motivated players to work together rather than reward individual performances.

Right now the Devs have gotten a lot of "positive feedback" for the Plains, that means the following two things will happen:

#1 The release of an exact duplicate of the Plains except for Corpus, because that is the only race left.  This release will be subpar, and split the small audience of Plains' current players between the two.  There won't be an increase, it will be more the same, and this second one will be a complete failure.  "8 out of 10 in reviews of the Plains" I heard.  This one will be a 5.  And no one will know why, but this is the reason.

#2 A third release that duplicates the failure in #1.  How can the second release be so bad, everyone will ask themselves.  And that is because we aren't listening the feedback for the Plains.  We'll think that #1 was fluke and the "Plains is just awesome" maybe it was the landscape, the missions, the bosses, the fights, new enemies, new factions, whatever.  Any delusion will sound good to justify the release of a 3rd Plains.

Good job nostradamus .... so you dont like cetus because its an "ancient" city but you are against a corpus one ? . You arguments seems pretty bad ones ...

3 minutes ago, Scionis said:

What a mistake to try assign a label.  Of course Warframe is much more than a FPS :).

I will say, trying to pick apart the Plains is something that I can elaborate on, and exactly what I don't find fun.  Does that help align a future for Warframe?  Maybe good arguments against the content is what DE needs to hear, but I believe complaints on top of complaints won't get us anywhere (and have been elaborated to no end in other threads).  I prefer to relish in this aspects of the game we all love, and entice DE to sponsor more content that achieves that, rather than trying to fix the current issues.  I want everyone to talk about what they enjoy most in the game and hope to see some to light, rather than how to create a short term fix to the Plains.

If we come together and say "Here is what is wrong with the plains", they will say "Here is how we fixed it".  Instead let's say "This is what we love about Warframe" and in doing so, they will say "We've created this for you."  I don't pretend to be a game production expert, so I'll fixate on what I want instead of what I don't want.

Your mistake isn't trying to assign a label, its assigning the wrong one, Warframe is a third person shooter not first person.

Complaints don't go anywhere, Feedback does, if you gave DE a constructive feedback on what you find fun in the Plains and what you don't find fun, they will focus on that fun aspect while working to improve the other parts that aren't fun, this is common sense.

Your thread falls under the complaints category not the "This is what we love about warframe category" you essentially complained about the Plains without providing anything, you didn't elaborate on what aspects you don't find fun or why you find them that way.

You put emphasis on positive feedback and complained that the feedback that they gotten doesn't improve the aspects of the game that you love, but you couldn't care enough to provide feedback of your own to let DE know what you think. 

And if the majority of the feedback they've got for the plains is positive, then maybe a part of what "we" love about warframe exists in the plains and that why the community is pushing for it.

I cannot realate to majority of the OPs statements, or those agreeing with them. But I am an absolute man@#&* to this game. What I see is a free to play game for other companies to strive to be. The game is unique, gameplay is awesome, free to play model is actually free to play, story is there and still in progress, gear galore, and an over all feeling of OPness makes this game absolutely in my opinion AMAZING, but it saddens me to hear that the most evolutionary update in this games current and future standing, to a specific group of people believe it is a failure, when I think both in my opinion and statistically speaking it absolutely is not a failure, it is a success story. Ever since making my account 3 years ago, and only 2 years actively playing the game on a semi-daily basis, this game is not what it was, its better. The game is being carried by a development team that loves the game and the people who play it, they sometimes like actual parents try to do what is best for the player base to the best of their ability, Nerfs, changes, buffs, frame concepts, all those things they do to keep the game balanced, tasteful and relevant. I enjoy hearing what they have to bring to the table every devstream, and every dev workshop. They have proven time and time again to change their decisions in order to better suit their ideas and the ideas of the community.

1 hour ago, Scionis said:

This was one of my favorite FPS (TPS) of all time.  I played Destiny and loved it, but this had something else.  Plains is my least favorite part of the game, and I don't want to play it (The rest of the game still exists).  As a matter of fact I don't.  I don't do the missions there, I don't do the bounties there.  It isn't because I don't want the loot, it seems at this time there is some of the best loot available in the game (That's very arguable, unless it starts dropping Maiming Strike or Arcanes) , but I absolutely hate it.

While this could be a rant about why I hate the plains (This IS a rant), instead I post--"why this will cause Warframe to end" (Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence- Carl Sagan).  Warfarme is awesome, but because of its futuristic, action-acrobatics, skill-required (No skill is required in Warframe) missions set on interstellar ships in space.  Gameplay, weapons, skins, artwork...absolutely fantastic (You have good taste).  I don't want to go (You don't have to do anything you don't want to do) to ancient city with no technology and fish, mine, etc...  If I wanted that I would take a time machine back to high school and play WoW (Great use of a time machine).

But way does Warframe need saving? (Nice buildup, this better pay off)  That is because the Devs keep pushing the Plains, and that is how Warframe will die. (Very huge logical leap from "Devs are pushing Plains" to "Warframe will die" without an ounce of tangible evidence)  Everything awesome about Warframe is being discarded (You said you like the gameplay, weapons, skins, artwork, acrobatics, all those things still exist in Plains) to work on a replacement for World of Worldcraft (Do you mean the non sci-fi aesthetic of Plains or the Open World approach?).  I don't want to play a terrible game like that, I want Warframe back (They didn't delete the rest of the planets/missions, you're being very dramatic).  Space Battles (Ship battles might be cool in theory but we already have archwing so having a yet another thing to upgrade that's separate from your current gear/mod collection is just redundant), new interaction modes, and I wouldn't mind a PvP  that actually motivated players to work together rather than reward individual performances (There's very low interest in PvP, the game is primarily a PvE because of that it allows huge diversity of weapons/abilities, there's a reason why Destiny's weapons are boring, it's so PvP has a chance of balance).

Right now the Devs have gotten a lot of "positive feedback" (With the huge marketing push and the novelty of an open area the game is doing better than ever, even if bounties are soul suckingly boring) for the Plains, that means the following two things will happen:

#1 The release of an exact duplicate of the Plains except for Corpus, because that is the only race (Faction) left.  This release will be subpar (Proof needed), and split the small audience of Plains' current players between the two (If you mean that it's gonna be a separate grind with separate resources then you have a point, I'm personally not too thrilled about that).  There won't be an increase, it will be more the same, and this second one will be a complete failure (By complete failure you mean "Warframe will die", as you said in your previous paragraphs, if that's the case then you're really exaggerating, this game survived really rocky moments in the past).  "8 out of 10 in reviews of the Plains" I heard.  This one will be a 5.  And no one will know why, but this is the reason (5 is average, you said the game would become "terrible", 5 out of 10 isn't "terrible". Also it's your feeling that it will be like that, it's not an informed prediction).

#2 A third release that duplicates the failure in #1 (This just exponentially goes deeper into the emotionally informed speculation).  How can the second release be so bad, everyone will ask themselves (No, they won't ask, they will answer  because everyone on the forums has all the answers, you and myself included).  And that is because we aren't listening the feedback for the Plains (Listening to feedback and community interaction is what let this game survive and thrive).  We'll think that #1 was fluke and the "Plains is just awesome" maybe it was the landscape, the missions, the bosses, the fights, new enemies, new factions, whatever.  Any delusion (I don't think you earned your right to use that word so far :) ) will sound good to justify the release of a 3rd Plains. (Wort case scenario is that they'll just drop the open world stuff and move on to the next thing. It's what Warframe is good at, moving on to the next thing and building on top of itself.)

DE will have spent two years avoiding new content (Except for story quests, frames, rebalancing, Umbra, new weapons and everything else).  No new content means loss of player base (Plains, whether it is your cup of tea or not, IS new content as well as all the stuff I just mentioned), by the time they realize this, most players will not be playing anymore, and those that "Like the Plains" (No, Plains are just a part of the Warframe experience, you get bored with it, you do other Warframe things with your Warframe buddies) will move on to the next game which offers a better MMORPG feel (whatever "MMORPG feel" is), because Warframe hasn't mastered that and the current player base (because everyone's a copy of you) doesn't want it.