Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relics not only on Cetus!

AaroneStone97

The fact that the new relics are rewarded only on Cetus bounties is ridiculous.
There are many people, like me, that are running the game on old hardware, and because of that thay cannot play in the plains of eidolons.
So putting the new relic only as a reward for Cetus bounties is basically taking away those reward from my possibilities.
I would like to see those relic be rewarded also from some other sources.

Justo ahora, Bronjun dijo:

Market relic pack, Syndicate relic pack. 

Market relic pack is 70 plat, you'd be better off buying them from trade chat's ridiculous prices

I dumped easily 460-500k standing in relic packs and got 12 relics with frost prime bp and only 1 of each other relic that even has a Loki prime part. The chance to get them is incredibly low, on average 1 vaulted relic in every 3 packs

If you can't play the plains at all, then you sure as hell don't meet the minimum specifications for the game.

Why then should DE cater the game around you? 

If anything is ridiculous, imo it's people not playing at the the bare minimum specifications and excepting DE to work the game around their performance issues.

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

If you can't play the plains at all, then you sure as hell don't meet the minimum specifications for the game.

If anything is ridiculous, imo it's people not playing at the the bare minimum specifications and excepting DE to work the game around their performance issues.

Have you seen the minimum specs for WF?
This thing has not been updated in years.

8 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm already plaing at minimum specification. I have a toaster but i can play all mission in start chart except Plains of Eidolon. 

Btw, i'm not alone. I know a lot of people with the same problem.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

Have you seen the minimum specs for WF?
This thing has not been updated in years.

Shrug

(Just wanna note that I may not have been talking about the defined minimum specs, but rather the hypothetical minimum specifications required to play the game in it's entirety. If you can't play the game in it's entirety then you literally don't meet the minimum specs required.)

We can't as people refuse to move forward for whatever reason, but still expect for people to cater new systems to our outdated tools. That's why support is dropped on older Windows systems.

It sucks, I know. I'd hate it if there was a single part of the game that I couldn't access. But I still stand by what I'm saying. We absolutely should not say no to DE putting new and old content and systems in PoE just because a few of us are using outdated computers. In essence you're then holding everyone else back, should DE not add to Focus 2.0 anymore because people can't fight Eidolons? Should DE go back on what they said about using PoE resources in current weapon blueprints, meaning new players have more reason to be there? Should no more open worlds be created because that's more unplayable content?

It's ridiculous. I'm sorry that your computer isn't capable of playing the game, but this just comes across as selfish to me.

hace 1 minuto, DeMonkey dijo:

Shrug

(Just wanna note that I may not have been talking about the defined minimum specs, but rather the hypothetical minimum specifications required to play the game in it's entirety. If you can't play the game in it's entirety then you literally don't meet the minimum specs required.)

We can't as people refuse to move forward for whatever reason, but still expect for people to cater new systems to our outdated tools. That's why support is dropped on older Windows systems.

It sucks, I know. I'd hate it if there was a single part of the game that I couldn't access. But I still stand by what I'm saying. We absolutely should not say no to DE putting new and old content and systems in PoE just because a few of us are using outdated computers. In essence you're then holding everyone else back, should DE not add to Focus 2.0 anymore because people can't fight Eidolons? Should DE go back on what they said about using PoE resources in current weapon blueprints, meaning new players have more reason to be there? Should no more open worlds be created because that's more unplayable content?

It's ridiculous. I'm sorry that your computer isn't capable of playing the game, but this just comes across as selfish to me.

Not everyone has $1000 to shell out for a computer. The computer I have cost me $250, and has a dual core processor, no graphics card, and only 4 gb ram. It is all I can afford. I can play everything just fine on this with the exception of PoE. The fact that the only reasonable way to get these relics is basically locked behind a paywall (that is how I see it) is just ridiculous. I don't even own a car, so I'm in no place to invest in upgrades to my pc

1 minute ago, LabMan95 said:

The computer I have cost me $250, and has a dual core processor, no graphics card, and only 4 gb ram.

The minimum specs say you need a graphics card. If you do not have one, you fail to meet the highly outdated specs. Regardless of if you can afford one or not, your PC not meeting the minimum specs is not DE’s fault.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182230-What-are-the-minimum-specs-for-Warframe-

1 minute ago, LabMan95 said:

Not everyone has $1000 to shell out for a computer. The computer I have cost me $250, and has a dual core processor, no graphics card, and only 4 gb ram. It is all I can afford. I can play everything just fine on this with the exception of PoE. The fact that the only reasonable way to get these relics is basically locked behind a paywall (that is how I see it) is just ridiculous. I don't even own a car, so I'm in no place to invest in upgrades to my pc

Then you got ripped off massively, the complete lack of a graphics card in particular made me giggle.

I paid... Hmmm, equivalent of about $600 for a a gaming pc that's roughly the top end of mid range. Can't remember the specifications off the top of my head, but I can play Warframe at the utmost highest settings.

I'm so tired of seeing people whinging about needing a ''$1000'' computer. It's trite and hyperbolic.

hace 1 minuto, krc473 dijo:

The minimum specs say you need a graphics card. If you do not have one, you fail to meet the highly outdated specs. Regardless of if you can afford one or not, your PC not meeting the minimum specs is not DE’s fault.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182230-What-are-the-minimum-specs-for-Warframe-

Now graphics cards are a MINIMUM of $200, and that's for a crappy 350 series with literally 256 mb ram. Not including if it's for a laptop, or if you want a better one, which costs a minimum of $450 right now due to cryptomining. At this point I should just leave warframe because I can handle everything except the one thing that mattered to me, since I joined warframe exactly 2 weeks after Loki prime got vaulted. I have been looking forward to this for literal years and for DE to lock it behind content like this honestly broke my faith completely in this game

hace 3 minutos, DeMonkey dijo:

Then you got ripped off massively, the complete lack of a graphics card in particular made me giggle.

I paid... Hmmm, equivalent of about $600 for a a gaming pc that's roughly the top end of mid range. Can't remember the specifications off the top of my head, but I can play Warframe at the utmost highest settings.

I'm so tired of seeing people whinging about needing a ''$1000'' computer. It's trite and hyperbolic.

With the current state of technology and the lucrativity of cryptomining, computer parts are astronomical. A gaming computer that cost you $600 when you got it could easily cost over $2k right now because of bitcoin. My friend bought his 950 series graphics card for $150 2 years ago. Now that same graphics card is $350-$400

Edited by LabMan95

6 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

Now graphics cards are a MINIMUM of $200, and that's for a crappy 350 series with literally 256 mb ram. Not including if it's for a laptop, or if you want a better one, which costs a minimum of $450 right now due to cryptomining. At this point I should just leave warframe because I can handle everything except the one thing that mattered to me, since I joined warframe exactly 2 weeks after Loki prime got vaulted. I have been looking forward to this for literal years and for DE to lock it behind content like this honestly broke my faith completely in this game

Just stop.

http://shop.amd.com/en-us/promo/RX560O4GEVO?k=rx shopCategory:graphic&promo=rxpromo

Here's a 4GB graphics card for $150.

My $600 dollar PC I only built a few months ago. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and are just regurgitating the same trite you see others spouting about pc gaming. It's not that sodding expensive.

http://shop.amd.com/en-us/promo/112680320G?k=rx shopCategory:graphic&promo=rxpromo

A 2GB graphics card for under $100.

Edited by DeMonkey

Whether you have the specs or not, its still stupid. Not everyone has the time to be on at the specific time that the relics they need/want are on the bounty board. Not everyone likes farming bounties, not everyone likes the plains, not everyone likes playing RNG with a relic pack. It goes beyond not having the required specs. Even when it was only 2 frames (and their weapons) released, i still struggled to get everything i wanted but atleast i had an even chance with everyone else. The relic RNG is hard enough to deal with, we dont need 2 more on top of it (The CHANCE to be on at the time for the bounty, the CHANCE to get the relic from the bounty, then the CHANCE to get a part from the relic). 

hace 5 minutos, DeMonkey dijo:

Just stop.

http://shop.amd.com/en-us/promo/RX560O4GEVO?k=rx shopCategory:graphic&promo=rxpromo

Here's a 4GB graphics card for $150.

My $600 dollar PC I only built a few months ago. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and are just regurgitating the same trite you see others spouting about pc gaming. It's not that sodding expensive.

Ok, where did you find prices this low? I went directly to nvidia, newegg, and megabyte's websites and the cheapest was garbage 256 mb graphics cards for the same price as that, laden with $400+ 1060 + series processors

This is ridiculous yes, you can only go to Cetus for pharmacological relics, I go at any stage of the game normally, but when I first entered Cetus it sucked, and I was trying to do the mission today, I could not stand it, it's almost 5 minutes the computer locked, ping to 700, and when it went down to 20 more it soon went up to 300

28 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Shrug

This isn't a 'new system' though. It's just an unvault, like we've had dozens of times before. Only this time, DE wants to shove PoE down everyone's throats whether they like it or not, and so a bunch of people are getting left out. 

If they stuck to the ordinary protocol for unvaulting, this wouldn't happen. There's nothing selfish about preferring that over being forced into a pretty radically different gamemode with -radically- different specs.

Keep in mind, this isn't them losing access to new content, but them losing access to old content. Things they had before are being taken away from them to cater to PoE.

16 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

Ok, where did you find prices this low? I went directly to nvidia, newegg, and megabyte's websites and the cheapest was garbage 256 mb graphics cards for the same price as that, laden with $400+ 1060 + series processors

On the site I linked you to? AMD's website.

Here's a list of the cheapest to highest ones. (Click ''Low to high'' in the drop down filter to find cheaper ones if needs be)

Edited by DeMonkey

hace 7 minutos, DeMonkey dijo:

On the site I linked you to? AMD's website.

Here's a list of the cheapest to highest ones.

Thank you. Maybe this will make my PC endeavors feasible.

Edit: The promotion is over or they sold out, the rest of the even reasonably priced graphics cards are out of stock, and it went back to $350+ for graphics cards

Edited by LabMan95

Just now, Colyeses said:

This isn't a 'new system' though. It's just an unvault, like we've had dozens of times before. Only this time, DE wants to shove PoE down everyone's throats whether they like it or not, and so a bunch of people are getting left out. 

If they stuck to the ordinary protocol for unvaulting, this wouldn't happen. There's nothing selfish about preferring that over being forced into a pretty radically different gamemode with -radically- different specs.

Keep in mind, this isn't them losing access to new content, but them losing access to old content. Things they had before are being taken away from them to cater to PoE.

Good thing I didn't say ''new system'' then isn't it :clem:

31 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

We absolutely should not say no to DE putting new and old content and systems in PoE

Where was everyone when the focus nodes suddenly got locked behind Quills, and therefore PoE? Where's everyone complaining about weapons requiring PoE resources as stated in the Dev workshop? Nowhere, it's just when it's prime stuff that everyone gets in a tizz.

For the first 2 months of release people did nothing but complain about how PoE was a separate economy, and there really wasn't any reason to play it. DE start adding reasons to play it, people are complaining again. I'm aware it's not the same people, don't get me wrong, but DE are going to get complaints either way. Personally I'm absolutely down for DE adding more to PoE, especially since as they stated it reduces dilution ready for when the next PA comes along.

Otherwise we'll get these same complaints in about a months time, ''DE I can't get any Zephyr parts because there's so many relics in the drop table!''.

There's no easy solution to this, sure. But it's not like them using every part of their game is a travesty.

3 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

Thank you. Maybe this will make my PC endeavors feasible

I wish you luck, honestly, it's no fun seeing others enjoying things that you simply cannot access. Believe me, I used to have a toaster as well. 

11 minutes ago, LabMan95 said:

Thank you. Maybe this will make my PC endeavors feasible.

Edit: The promotion is over or they sold out, the rest of the even reasonably priced graphics cards are out of stock, and it went back to $350+ for graphics cards

Try this site, I do not know how reliable it is. But it has many GPU’s that are not overly expensive. GPU

I suspect if you want to spend a little more you could just get a whole new computer (sometimes this is the best choice, esp. if you are not confident opening yours up and playing around).