Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Step up your hardware or be quiet

Tellakey

Imagine me boycotting Cd Project Red for not having competent enough a computer to run The Witcher 3. Little fact: I don't. My computer is too weak. But that's on me, not on the studio.

A mediocre setup should be enough to get you through Warframe's entire content. I don't understand this juvenile outburst against DE for daring to stick the unvaulted relics in PoE, despite the fact that it's a loud minority having technical difficulties on account of their own PC's outdatedness. 

You can't expect the studio to water the entire game down just to accommodate you. YOU must be the one to step up your game in order to keep up with the standards. Warframe was never advertised as a product for low-end computers. This is not Stardew Valley. It's an ever-evolving piece of work that, just like the entire gaming world, progressively demands more and more out of its clients. 

The thing about DE? They actually DO pander to you, making their best to accommodate the lowest ends of computers, but even that's not enough.

If you don't wanna upgrade - boohoo.

If you cannot afford it - I'm sorry and you have my sympathies, but that's on nobody but you.

Please stop demanding unrealistic compromises from the developers and start living in reality like an adult.

I hate to be aggressive, but I think this time it's merited.

Edit:

Just to clarify, I do not deny the optimization issues with some medium-end wares that should typically work fine. My contention is with the attitude some vocal players have toward DE. The unvaulting just  started and already people react as if DE is going to forsake those of us who experience issues. If you pay attention, it is mentioned specifically that DE will monitor the plains performance closely in order to pinpoint the issue and apply a fix. They want to use PoE, they're going to, and they're going to do their best so that everyone will have access.

Edited by Tellakey

10 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Wow, entitled much? Not everyone can afford the latest and greatest computer, and many have been playing since the game launched and are now struggling to run the SAME game.

You are presuming I am entitled, but what do you know about me? 

You are not required "The latest and greatest computer", as I have mentioned. I cannot run The Witcher 3, as I have also mentioned. The majority of people can, hence why it's so successful.

Finally, the game is an evolving service. Thank god it had changed so much from when we first began. If not for that, everything would look and feel horrible. Go play the first counterstrike and tell me if the 60fps is worth the rest of the game.

Edited by Tellakey

12 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Wow, entitled much?  many have been playing since the game launched and are now struggling to run the SAME game.

I was one of those people. Take a long hard guess as to why I am now able to play the game at max settings at 100 fps.

hint: it didn't involve any expectations of being pandered to (aka ENTITLEMENT)

Edited by Legion-Shields

4 minutes ago, Legion-Shields said:

I was one of those people. Take a long hard guess as to why I am now able to play the game at max settings at 100 fps.

hint: it didn't involve any expectations of being pandered to (aka ENTITLEMENT)

That irony had totally bypassed me. Here's to you :D

i kinda agree, i mean if you can pay for electricity and internet, you sure can buy components for a modest computer capable of running warframe at 60 FPS on a mediun monitor like i do

if you want to play games at 15-10 fps on a toaster and still blame the devs for not optimizing their game, im sorry but thats not how it works

Edited by Toppien

hace 2 minutos, Lokime dijo:

I mean, potato PC or not, optimizations help everyone so... :clem:

from that point of view i also agree, but the devs should not feel like they need to sacrifice artistical integrity just to gain a few FPS for people who DONT WANT to upgrade their hardware

23 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

You are presuming I am entitled, but what do you know about me? 

You are not required "The latest and greatest computer", as I have mentioned. I cannot run The Witcher 3, as I have also mentioned. The majority of people can, hence why it's so successful.

Finally, the game is an evolving service. Thank god it had changed so much from when we first began. If not for that, everything would look and feel horrible. Go play the first counterstrike and tell me if the 60fps is worth the rest of the game.

No, in this case, your words paint you as acting entitled. It doesn't mean you are, it doesn't mean you aren't in the same situation as many players with less than new pc systems running Plains, but either way, those players having issues help DE better their optimizations and show the range of hardware that DE is able to support going forward. Comments like this thread don't really help, but give the impression that you are trying to bully other players, which I am sure is not your intent. If you would like to give advice on hardware, links to cheap pre-builts with GPU and RAM, or mitigations, I am sure that everyone suffering from missteps in Plains memory utilization would love to share and learn from the experience.

3 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

Problem is that even with a Potato Pc.. I did some bounty today.. but since 7pm.. it has been only the bounty failed after the opening of the door.. 

That's a different issue and one that, unlike the other, holds some water. I personally haven't experienced anything like that, but it sounds like a bug and not a technical issue with your PC. It's reasonable for DE to fix it as long as it's not a problem with your own PC.

5 minutes ago, Lokime said:

I mean, potato PC or not, optimizations help everyone so... :clem:

True, it does. Optimization is even profitable to the developer provided the investment is reasonable. It allows them to expand their reach into a wider clientele. Thing is, DE already panders quite a lot to potatoe owners. Those people completely ignore that and head straight for DE's neck as if they were EA.

at least before the update, i could run any mission i desired with at least 300 fps (including bounties). then the update hit and now i can run any mission i want too with at least 300 fps, except for the bounties with a group (solo was fine, but with a group the doors wouldn't even open for me...just that endless loading icon down in the corner). is that because of my pc? ummm, i don't think so...the update broke something. but at least i figured out if i launch the game and disable multi-thread rendering, the gates will finally open.

hace 1 minuto, Neo_182 dijo:

I'm glad you live in a care free world and have access to the latest tech.
Not everyone is so fortunate.

With that said every player is a potential customer. 
See what i'm getting at? 

...Yea you do. 

Complaints like this don't lead to anything constructive.

if you can pay 5 or more dolars for a virtual item, then you can pay to order better hardware from internet marketplaces

1 minute ago, Toppien said:

from that point of view i also agree, but the devs should not feel like they need to sacrifice artistical integrity just to gain a few FPS for people who DONT WANT to upgrade their hardware

What gamer doesn't want to upgrade their rig?  With ram prices causing the normal msrp of gpu's to increase a significant amount.   Then there are the crypto-miners inhaling the gpu supply, causing serious price gouging on gpu's.    Last, as with the gfx cards, the cost of ram has doubled, or even tripled in many cases.   The old go to upgrades, gpu and ram, are not good options for gamers.   Even as much as 6 months ago, a PC could be built for the cost of a console that was as good or better.    Good luck with that now, not to mention upgrading an old one.   In todays market, and for the foreseeable future, game makers will have to consider putting more effort into older and low end systems.  

DE does a great job.   There are are more old PC's than new ones.    More players with access means more playing the game.   If they can make hi res versions, they can likely do low res as well to bring in more customers/players.   A player than can't pay 500 bucks for a mediocre gpu might not have an issue putting a few bucks into a game.

As someone with a powerful rig, I stand with the underdogs! This isn't the case of a new game being released with fancier graphics, this is an existing game with relics being gated exclusively (syndicates not counting since daily cap) behind content that has already proven to be quite hardware heavy for a lot of players.

While I do like that it is in the bounties, it being exclusively in bounties is a very wrong way to go about it.

Do you actually realise how expensive upgrades are? Or how sometimes things are incompatable so you have to swap other parts of the rig out as well? How about you be realistic, son?

Edited by Acersecomic

3 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

That's a different issue and one that, unlike the other, holds some water. I personally haven't experienced anything like that, but it sounds like a bug and not a technical issue with your PC. It's reasonable for DE to fix it as long as it's not a problem with your own PC.

True, it does. Optimization is even profitable to the developer provided the investment is reasonable. It allows them to expand their reach into a wider clientele. Thing is, DE already panders quite a lot to potatoe owners. Those people completely ignore that and head straight for DE's neck as if they were EA.

So you are saying that you don't understand much about the rules on the forums against meta-complaints; have no understanding of the current issues with hardware; and have zero empathy for your fellow players. Well, either way, I wish you luck in your missions at the least.

For those that do have issues, while they are certainly not ideal; Gamestop might have used alienware steamboxes that one could install their favorite Windows on avoiding the yellow ring of death that seems to be connected to SteamOS shutdowns and the system's custom 860m might not get the best fps but can handle Warframe at decent settings; NewEgg has a deal on some high-end GPU/motherboard bundles though the prices are still pretty bad compared to before the bitcoin craze started back up. Microcenter has some decent Powerspec and other prebuilds with GPU for good prices compared to other shops, though their GPU prices otherwise are marked up a bit. Do you have any ideas on your topic?

4 minutes ago, Urlan said:

No, in this case, your words paint you as acting entitled. It doesn't mean you are, it doesn't mean you aren't in the same situation as many players with less than new pc systems running Plains, but either way, those players having issues help DE better their optimizations and show the range of hardware that DE is able to support going forward. Comments like this thread don't really help, but give the impression that you are trying to bully other players, which I am sure is not your intent. If you would like to give advice on hardware, links to cheap pre-builts with GPU and RAM, or mitigations, I am sure that everyone suffering from missteps in Plains memory utilization would love to share and learn from the experience.

I'm glad to meet someone who speaks in reason.

To tell you the truth I'm as mild as can be 90% of the time. I don't like being aggressive, I like using reason. Unfortunately truth and logic don't prevail in a debate with most people. I can't tell you how many times somebody would lash at me for something I had deemed inconsequential (opinion or action ingame) and my immediate reaction is a cute remark. I don't hit back, I joke back with those who come at me. This is not effective. Then, somebody else in my squad who got fed up with the other person's aggression just tells them to shut up and stop being a #$&(%. I hate how effective that is, but the sad truth is that it is.

So I don't mind being painted as entitled in this case. I'm trying something new. 

To clarify, my main issue is not with people who calmly lay out the issue in a respectable manner. It's with thread openers who act like spoiled brats for the obvious state of their PC. Many have presented similar technical issues who did not act like DE owned them anything, and I have nothing but respect for them for the reason.

Hope we understand each other ;)

hace 8 minutos, Neo_182 dijo:

Read what i wrote carefully. 

and you dont seem to understand what you write

people have the means to obtain better harware at any place in this planet, if you have access to internet, then you have access to a computer, and if you are playing a videogame, i dont think you are writing in the middle of a warzone, so, if you put a little effort into it you sure can get a better computer by the same means you already got the computer you have right now to write your responses

also, people who just are in denial, and dont buy better harware cuz they "have no money" wont be potential customers cuz they also dont have money for buying virtual items

Edited by Toppien

11 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

What gamer doesn't want to upgrade their rig?  With ram prices causing the normal msrp of gpu's to increase a significant amount.   Then there are the crypto-miners inhaling the gpu supply, causing serious price gouging on gpu's.    Last, as with the gfx cards, the cost of ram has doubled, or even tripled in many cases.   The old go to upgrades, gpu and ram, are not good options for gamers.   Even as much as 6 months ago, a PC could be built for the cost of a console that was as good or better.    Good luck with that now, not to mention upgrading an old one.   In todays market, and for the foreseeable future, game makers will have to consider putting more effort into older and low end systems.  

DE does a great job.   There are are more old PC's than new ones.    More players with access means more playing the game.   If they can make hi res versions, they can likely do low res as well to bring in more customers/players.   A player than can't pay 500 bucks for a mediocre gpu might not have an issue putting a few bucks into a game.

a 2015 laptop with medium specs can run this game at max settings at 100 fps. I should know because it's exactly what I use. The issue people like myself have with others continuing to ask DE to downgrade their content, AFTER the absurd amount of optimizations they have already done to their game, especially in the case of PoE, is that Warframe can already be run with extremely cheap and old hardware.

either the people complaining are refusing to turn down their graphics settings and compromise a little bit, or they are literally trying to play on @(*()$ netbooks from 2010 or whatever. At SOME point DE needs to shift their prioritization back to the people who actually went out and earned their modern hardware and would like to get some use out of it. The only thing "optimizing" can do at this point is restrict DE's creative freedom. Nobody wants that.

Except companies who may find themselves competing with Warframe....

Edited by Legion-Shields

32 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

i wonder how many of these people that are saying "upgrade your pc" are using mommy and daddies credit card to get what they want?

Glad you mentioned that. I don't mind putting that to the test. Let's begin with me:

Where I come from military work is an enforced duty at the age of 18. Over here you don't get to go to college after highschool. No. That could happen only starting from age 21, after 3 years of awful service every day all day from an organization who doesn't give a crap about you. 

I have friends who get to go abroad a couple of times a year with their parents. Hotels, luxury and all that S#&$. And me? Until age 21 I didn't have a room of my own. After my military service was the first time I flew abroad, and that was with my own, hard-earned money.

Then there's my childhood living conditions, my abusive parent, and all sorts of crap I could fill you in about.

But it doesn't prevent me from thinking like an adult. The standard of logic applies to everybody equally - to the privileged and to the wretched.

Edited by Tellakey