The day has come!

Tiberon

Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 10

Status chance increased from 2.5% to 16%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 26%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.4x

Damage decreased from 60 to 44

I know there are dozens of us.

We remember the day we sacrificed our Latron and a Forma to build this sleek, shiny, sexy tool.

Oh and how it purred like a kitten as it fired multiple bullets with each pull of the trigger to crack those corpus helmets open with exact precision.

I have waited for 3 years for the day when any change is made to the Tiberon, because any change could only be a good change.

More status? Excellent !

High crit chance? Is this reality, I must be dreaming !!

Increased crit damage too? OMFGasm !!!

Damaged decreased from 60 to 44....

Guys I'm not a mathematician. Help me out here. Is this weapon being buffed or nerfed? Are we going to be doing overall more DPS or worse? I want to believe !

1 hour ago, Thunderchief0 said:

Guys I'm not a mathematician

Like every other weapon in this game, use it to fight the enemies you want, and if it does well, there you go, congrats. And if it doesn't, hey, do you really have to fight Level 5000 enemies? lol

I'll definitely be revisiting Tiberon. In a sea of generic crit guns, I might as well use one of the better looking ones.

The thing about changes is that players take everything personally. When something they like gets mucked with, they lash out irrationally. DE is simply putting weapons into the "tiers" they see fit and adjusting them as needed. I fully expect them to know what they're doing, and much like every other time the community sets itself on fire, I'm confident the game as a whole will be better after that rabble burns away.

Edited by MechaTails

I'm really torn on this...

It seems like you can try to get something worthwhile if you go for a crit build, but... it requires you to get a new build...

My current build for raw dakka is getting utterly f@#$ed by the damage decrease, so I feel like in the trashcan Tiberon goes...

1 minute ago, WindigoTP said:

I'm really torn on this...

It seems like you can try to get something worthwhile if you go for a crit build, but... it requires you to get a new build...

My current build for raw dakka is getting utterly f@#$ed by the damage decrease, so I feel like in the trashcan Tiberon goes...

I think I know what you mean. I have catalyst and 7 Forma on my Tiberon and Riven +100.6 Multishot +110.2 Electricity +196.9 Damage

If I go for crit and dual stat status mods I will have to change a lot of polarities and maybe reroll my riven for crit stats.

I've never liked the Tiberon. But as @bluepheonix13 points out this is a huge buff to its sustained DPS. Point Strike brings its crit chance to 65%; with the crit damage also being buffed, its statistical average damage per bullet is now 69.6960 (with Point Strike). So this change could finally see me pull the thing out of my dusty closet again

Maybe I will leave my Tiberon build as is for now and cross my fingers that we get Tiberon prime soon.

Can you imagine what a prime version would be like?

Also I have seen suggestions that an alt-fire mode would use the blades at the front as a bayonet. It would be a fun gimick.

I don't even have a tiberon..

41 minutes ago, Thunderchief0 said:

Tiberon

Mastery Rank increased from 4 to 10

Status chance increased from 2.5% to 16%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 26%

Critical damage increased from 2x to 2.4x

Damage decreased from 60 to 44

But these numbers are annoying af. Why not 15, or 25, or 2.5 or 45?

Just now, bluepheonix13 said:

It is an immense buff, even if the damage decrease makes you think twice. I calculated it through, my current build with a Riven has lower DPS than what a standard build without a Riven will have after the change, simply because stacking elemental damage gives a diminishing return. 

Elemental damage is still a better option than crit, since it not only has a raw numerical bonus against a particular type of armor, but ALSO ignores a portion of said armor.

Take corrosion for example, not only it has 75% damage bonus agaist Ferrite Armor, which is the most common in the game, it also straight up IGNORES 75% of said armor, which just by itself cuts down enemies' EHP by three.

Radiation does the same for Alloy.

Without Elemental damage all that theoretical DPS from Crit gets cut down by the armor.

Having SOME corrosion is better than having a ton of crit.

To get the most grofit out of upcoming changes I need to still have elemental damage AND squeeze in some crit mods. And I don't really have much space to qwueeze those in.

Otherwise, the weapon at best will stay roughly where it is now.

Edited by WindigoTP

Bless us all. The Tiberon, my old friend, who I laid to rest many moons ago in the depths of my arsenal...

ARISE. Your day has returned, oh gun of the river. Let thy bladed barrel guide your silvered bullets into the hearts and minds of my foes. Crush their thoughts and silence their noise.

60 to 44 is less than 30% decrease but that crit stats and status buffs are a massive improvement

let's assume old tiberon use 4 elemental mods and new one use 2 elemental mods and crit mods and do some basic DPS calculation

60 x 90 x 4 = 21600

60 x 90 x 2 x 0.65 x 5.7 = 40014

the DPS almost doubled

Edited by Rekkou

1 hour ago, Rekkou said:

60 to 44 is less than 30% decrease but that crit stats and status buffs are a massive improvement

let's assume old tiberon use 4 elemental mods and new one use 2 elemental mods and crit mods and do some basic DPS calculation

60 x 90 x 4 = 21600

60 x 90 x 2 x 0.65 x 5.7 = 40014

the DPS almost doubled

It's 44 x 90 x 2 x 0.65 x 5.7 = 29343. Only 30% more.

---edit---

And anyway, the formula is utterly wrong and you are ignoring current crit stats.

If you add them, you get 60 x 90 x 4 x 0.05 x 2 = 2160.

So, apparently you get 13.5 times DPS increase? That's quite a buff, if I've ever seen one!

Edited by WindigoTP

5 hours ago, Jicematoro said:

You can submit a support Ticket.

Yeah, I know. It's all good truth be told, was just making a small joke. I wasn't too interested in the Tiberon from the beginning, the buff has only made me curious to see what it can do.

Edited by LazerSkink