Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Campers

KenthNisshoku

can we put trap rooms in missions?

I am sick and tired of people trying to hole up in a room in survival

for the past sorties i've done before and there is always this one person trying to gather/call all of us in a room to camp even in a 10 min survival

when i am the host or not

as for the trap/dead end rooms

for grineer it would be a gas room

for corpus it would be a magnetic room / unkillable turrets

for infested make tumors grow in rooms and release toxin/viral spores

Play solo if you don't want to deal with other people's play-styles. Pub games are a free for all provided the focus is still on getting the objective done.

Now, as for people that spam in chat "do this/do that/follow me/play how I want" etc. they need to get their head out of their &#! and realize not everyone finds their play-style enjoyable.

WAIT wait wait, first, the second comment misunderstood what you said cause it's so silly. 

Before anyone comments, THIS IS NOT ABOUT AFK PEOPLE. It's about people asking the squad to stay together in one room.

I dunno how the fok that upsets you.

You know you can decline or simply ignore them.

People stay together cause it's better for affinity, resources and easier. Simple as that.

17 minutes ago, Akram-The-Reaper-Panda said:

WAIT wait wait, first, the second comment misunderstood what you said cause it's so silly. 

Before anyone comments, THIS IS NOT ABOUT AFK PEOPLE. It's about people asking the squad to stay together in one room.

I dunno how the fok that upsets you.

You know you can decline or simply ignore them.

People stay together cause it's better for affinity, resources and easier. Simple as that.

This.

Another thing that a lot of players don't seem to understand is that in addition to the above points, spreading out all over the map borks the enemy spawns. 

Seriously, if you aren't doing the mission with a group to be a team player, do the mission solo. Otherwise, YOU are the problem, not them.

Back when Void Key farming was still a thing, I remember assembling a squad in chat, it was T3 Survival. In my message I explicitly stated "take anything you want but no camping in rooms". Many volunteered, confirming they've read the message properly. 5 seconds after mission start one of them types "ok we need to find a camping room asap", and the others are like "yeah right let's go". I've cancelled that match.

Edited by Ksaero

What exactly are the benefits of everybody running around doing whatever they want as opposed to group camping?

In overall, as long as everybody carries their weight in keeping the life support up using their preferred playstyle, I honestly don't see a problem to get upset about.
As long as nobody's AFKing, it's all good.

Personally, during the first 3-5 minutes or so, I run through the whole map opening all containers and lockers to get the max possible resource loot from the map itself (and maybe find a Sculpture or rare container), then I come back and camp with the other players. Nobody complains.

Kuva Fortress defense has map traps in it and it is absolutely horrible.

In a game mode called SURVIVAL, how is running around seperated from eachother a legitimate tactical decision? Since wide area devastation doesn't affect anything in your distraction, why WOULD you want to split up and do your own thing over staying grouped together? Tactically a death ball of 4 tenno is much more terrifying than 4 tenno seperated, unable to assist each other

If it weren't for the fact that you're breaking spawns, and making resources & affinity a pain to get by splitting up, then it would be a good addition if being spread out increased the distraction threat level boosting the 5 minute rewards. But since being spread out doesn't alter the tenno threat level, you're better off staying grouped together. Especially in relic runs.

Edited by IceFire909

Maybe if DE made camping NOT the most efficient method to play Survival in terms of enemy spawns and thus life support drops, then maybe people would stop camping.

I don't understand how someone who is at Sortie-level gameplay doesn't know how Survival spawns work.

It'll be because even in a thread where it's repeatedly brought up, nobody describes how survival spawns work because it's less important information than how astonished they are.

If you run around on your own you can choose to assume the rest of your squad is also running around on their own.

Edited by Uncertain-

They only thing you should be doing in a sortie 3 survival is moving as a squad. If someone finds extraction, too right you hold up and weather the 10 minutes. Spreading out, running all over the place in a sortie survival is not helping your squad one bit. I can't stand people who do Suda capture targets in sorties, or run around opening every single locker. The reward at the end is what we're after not the 3k rep you get with Suda or the amber star you find.

Playing a 40+ minute survival requires some tactics. Holding up in a spot where the enemy bottlenecks with a constant flow of enemies is important. If you're running with a squad of Nekros, Hydroid or Atlas for resources. You want that mass of enemies, its logical. Some larger rooms are good to stay in, others are just death traps at higher levels. In the first 20 minutes of a survival sure go run around look for rare crates, sculptures, whatever. However when it starts getting real, sortie 3 level, you better be with your squad. If someone is running all over the place in a survival you'll break the enemies spawn. Sometimes they'll simply stop spawning altogether, not great at 40+ minutes. A squad member running all over the map, away from everyone, good luck getting a revive if you go down. I'm not crossing the entire tile-set to revive someone who's run off during a high level/sortie 3 level survival mission. When you see Tenno affinity going from 3, 2, 1, you've gone too far. Punishing this kind of gameplay with invincible turrets and gas rooms is not the way to go. If this truly bother you that much, leave the mission, nobody forces you to stay. If you're hosting, it doesn't give you the right to tell everyone 'Here's how I want you to play this mission'

Edited by IllegallyHuge