Damage decreased from 55 to 44

After update; 

Boltor Prime

• Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 13
  • Status chance increased from 10% to 32%
  • Critical chance increased from 5% to 12%
  • Damage decreased from 55 to 46

Why???

Looks like Boltor is less likely to be used in higher content.  It already struggles unless you have a really good Riven.

WHY DE, first you put the new relics ONLY in the Plains of Eidolon, and now you have to further restrict the chances of them dropping at each round? This is disgusting. So very disappointing. Farming for those relics was already a pain for some of us with poor computer specs, it is NOT ***KING FUN!!

1 minute ago, Wiz3rd said:

I'm absolutely mad at DE for pushing the Ember changes.

She's going straight onto the shelf for me until the next revisit.

I refuse to accept this change and will stay vocal about it.

same with chroma for me literally unplayable and sometimes bugs out and decreeses dmg instead of buffing it

Just now, Somerlo said:

WHY DE, first you put the new relics ONLY in the Plains of Eidolon, and now you have to further restrict the chances of them dropping at each round? This is disgusting. So very disappointing. Farming for those relics was already a pain for some of us with poor computer specs, it is NOT ***KING FUN!!

so True

4 minutes ago, Celosie said:

Dev post; 

Boltor Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 14

Status chance increased from 10% to 24%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 20%

Damage decreased from 55 to 44

After update; 

Boltor Prime

• Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 13
  • Status chance increased from 10% to 32%
  • Critical chance increased from 5% to 12%
  • Damage decreased from 55 to 46

Why???

I'd be happier to reach 100% Status. Less forma needed for status builds and I don't worry about dual crit status.

Plus it is a primary Akstilleto Prime with high stats and not impact. Complain much?

39 minutes ago, Golite said:

sure because saryn has decent armor ember's range with firequake took that job and now it is gone. squish. cant kill enemies if you can't stop long enough to engage.

If you really depended on firequake's cc to keep yourself alive you'll never be able to play on Mot even with a durable frame. If you think just walking will be enough to play Ember then you are slowly mistaken - bullet jump, wall latch, spoiler mode out of harms way.

39 minutes ago, Golite said:

sure because saryn has decent armor ember's range with firequake took that job and now it is gone. squish. cant kill enemies if you can't stop long enough to engage.

If you really depended on firequake's cc to keep yourself alive you'll never be able to play on Mot even with a durable frame. If you think just walking will be enough to play Ember then you are slowly mistaken - bullet jump, wall latch, spoiler mode out of harms way.

I just tested Ember, and you know what? I'm ok with it.

First off, It is true that Ember is squishy, which is why I used to do her builds with Vitality or Steel Fiber. Now, if this is going to be accentuated by the changes, I should mod around it... and this will sound counter intuitive: I took those mods off my build.

What I did was the following: I took a build that had Vitality, replaced it with Firequake and replaced Constitution with Overextend (3 out of 5).

I know it is odd, the idea is that when I have full Firequake then World of Fire will knock down, giving me extra survivability. Overextend (3 out of 5) is a compromise, I am trading some of the extra damage I get from the buff/nerf for some of the range I lost from the buff/nerf. Without it, my range was 21, which means it would fall to 10.5 which is too short for my taste... with it, I have 30, which means it will fall to 15, which is ok, not great, just ok. Without it, my damage was 520, without it, it is 360, which would double to 720. Sure, those 520 would double to 1040, but 720 is still a buff.

Btw, Accelerant stunts most enemies for a couple seconds. Use it.

Edit: I do realize I was of the few not using Firequake already. And yes, Ember doing solo high level survival is having a lot of trouble now. Shame.

I wouldn't mind the plains bounties if half of the time spent on one bounty wasn't running around everywhere. I also don't want to use archwing charges to get to each point. That's 6 charges sometimes if the starting objective is 500-600m away and even then not everyone uses their archwing anyway so you still end up waiting unless you can carry until they show up. 

If Warframe had an archwing mode that we can toggle without consuming anything I would be fine. Everyone would get to the objectives and things would move so much quicker... :|
It already took a lot to craft the thing and now I have to continually go back to the plains for relics and also for materials so I can continue deploying my AW. But why? Why do I have to keep going back to the plains? I don't get it... it's like the rest of the starchart doesn't even matter anymore. And everything else wouldn't matter if the plains rewards weren't so specific to the plains (and low at that... 2,500 credits from a level 50-60 bounty that takes how long again?)

My proposal is to:

• Remove Archwing Launchers and make it a mode that we can freely toggle. I don't have to use one in other starchart missions so why must I in the plains?
  • Make staying in the plains more worthwhile. Random bounty rewards for hanging around out there are really bad for what it is, and especially for what you could be getting if you weren't spending time on the plains. Only the very bored actually do them and most of the time they bug out anyway and stick on the screen until you leave.
  • Don't force unvaulted relics in the plains under these long bounties if you can't compromise on archwing usage. It's very repetitive with low rewards. I don't need more plains rewards. I just want to farm relics but this method is unreliable and time consuming.

3 hours ago, ScreamSilence said:

these recent updates aren't nerfs eitherway they're balances. Much needed balances that will keep the player base growing and maintain it.
I was getting tired of playing lawn mower simuator anyway the grass couldn't compete. My ember will finally be able to know what a grineer looks like and her trigger finger might stop atrophying  :D !!!

problem is the range is such a paltry that my polearm has more range with primed reach

what reason do i have to use ember if my melee weapon does more damage and hits enemies further away, shes still squishy, ill just take a tank frame that wont die once i get in melee range instead

So much for solo survival Ember.

WoF range combined w/ Firequake catching enemies as they came into range was what was great.
You killed it's range and energy drain, the two things that it was actually useful for later on.

If you wanted to nerf it clearing out huge areas in low level missions, you could have just removed it's damage and made it a utility skill while buffing her other abilities to have targeted damage. That way it retains usefulness across all levels.

For my playstyle... (That is playing around with various loadouts trying more obscure weapons in endless survivals.....)

This is the most significant update ever in warframe. In a Good way.

I don't care if Some warframe power is OP, I have all warframes,... What I want is to enter a mission with any weird loadout and have a way to make it perform. This is the single most important change. I applaud DE for that.

Now we just need damage 2.5, and a fix to level scaling exponents to a more linear curve. Baam this will then be easiest the best pc game ever to have been created.

I am very disappointed with the banshee changes. 

Not worth casting that trash , and it lasts as long as it takes to cast so it may as well be channeled anyway.

The damage has also been massively gimped and the cc is gone, ember at least got improvements to some other skills but nope not banshee. 

She does have other builds available but quake is now just another worthless skill like half the frames have , I enjoyed banshee specifically because you could build her and use every single ability almost every mission....

Im aware a lot of people played her super lazy with just using the 4 , but i do feel that is a symptom of the need to farm focus in hydron and not really a failure of the warframe. People still need focus they just wont do it on banshee now , i guess that's what people wanted ....

Ember is the frame I play most. I'm not a hardcore player, rarely go to sorties, do usual missions.
Ember was great for most if missions, and what have you done? These changes make me to forget abiut Ember/ But also there's no frame I can change it to!
She's the power of wild fire, burning all around. But now... Don't know real reasons why you did it. But now I\ll have to look for alternatives. Unfortunately I'm not sure I'll be able to find it. Ember was great, amazing, effective. Now - not.
First ew weren't given the skin we desiered so much, and now frame becomes useless. Thank you, DE.

Even when all the friends I play with say that Plains are made of annoying grind and are not interested in killing Eidolon cause it's not interesting and worth, I say that it's ok, and not so bad.
But this... And Banshee - that's just not honest!

Thank you for destroying the Resonating Quake Augment. Press 4 activate power, soon as you pop up its done. Some of us use to use this power for Focus Farming or for Mobile Defense Missions or even high level INT or DEF missions, but now it is worthless. Thank you for making one of the few frames I had fun running worthless.

First of all, thank you for this update.. alot of depth was added to guns, frames and the plains, and I love all that. I have two comments that are more critical, suggestions that I feel strongly about:

1) Please give that Arca Plasmor some love. Two weeks ago it was incredible. Alot of people have Forma'd that thing up before headshots were removed.. a move I cant agree with, and one that dropped it out of contention for sorties and high end content. Ontop of that you fixed the bug that made it a one shot machine for Chroma. I totally understand that second change, but this gun has dropped WAY down in the last couple of weeks.

What makes the Arca P show its weakness even more is this round of weapon buffs. This bad boy needs more than a bigger clip. What it really needs is a substantial boost in crit to make up for the huge loss it took to headshots, otherwise this super fun gun is getting shelved in favor of other really strong shottys that completely dust it now.

2) I like the new Fonts in chat, but in the Arsenal page? It makes my eyes bleed like I turned the contrast to 1000. I feel like I need it toned down there, or placed as an option.

Ember changes: So what was done there is basically killing her entire survivability.

The extra damage of her ult will do next to nothing at higher levels, but the severely reduced range on the other hand reduces her crowd control capability and with that her survivability by a lot. Before, with the augment Firequake equiped Ember had a very good mix of crowd control and mobility, allowing to get right in that enemy horde and do the job with whatever weapons one desires. Now with this reduced range thats as good as impossible anymore - that Bombard across the corner will stand there and fight when I come around said corner, before that Bombard was on the ground ready for a groundfinisher,

Playing Ember at higher levels was always about mobility and crowdcontroll when done properly, killing enemies was done with the weapons, becouse her abilities lacked the damage, and they still do.

Veteran players will always find ways to clear entire rooms fast and without effort, always making new players "struggle", see Amprex, Ignis, Simulor, any whip with Primed Reach, Equinox for instance and so many other when just modded properly. The point is that these low level enemies die instantly from everything, anything can be modded to one shot lvl 30 enemies, even heavies.

Suggestion for the augment Firequake: Increase the range, add a damage falloff with distance - so WoF deals very low damage to enemies at range, but still allows for the crowd control as it did before.

About that increased energy drain: new players will suffer from that a lot, advanced players wont care about it at all (i certainly don't).

can we please not have another Gara treatment to Banshe Ember and Chroma i think that nerfing something to the point that you destroy a build that was mostly used by the community and required a lot of work forma and effort to make just like that "POOF" and its gone is bad treatment as people say buff weak frames to give more competiotion to the strong ones dont nerf the strong ones to the point people will just abandone them and stop playing them what you did to zephyr and atlas is Amazing have'nt checked the mag yet but i keep only hearing good things about it :heart:. But killing Chroma banshee and Ember in the process for a lot of people is really unhealthy please reconsider some of theese changes.

P.S. i was against the arcane guardian nerf but it is actually really good to make squishy frames more survivable for a change

3 hours ago, Zenekri said:

DE decided to gate it behind Poe to begin with, they have full executive power to do it another way. But no, they decided it needs to be locked behind the buggy and boring bounties. Players adapting to it doesn't make it their fault.

Adapting by leaving the match after getting the relic?. It's fine if they're not the host, I'm not really bothered by people leaving after they get the relic, but because of them, DE changed the relic reward to 2 different relic and uncommon tier per bounty, DE even said that in the update log. 

• "Prime Vault Bounty Relics in Stage 1 have been moved to be rewarded in Stage 2 and weighted accordingly amongst the other Stages. It’s worth noting that Bounty Stage 5 now yields the highest chance of getting a Vaulted Relic. Our intentions here are to alleviate players abandoning the Bounty after the first Stage."

It's clear because of what DE made that decision.

Archived