Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.12.0

[DE]Megan

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Prime Vault Bounty Relics in Stage 1 have been moved to be rewarded in Stage 2 and weighted accordingly amongst the other Stages. It’s worth noting that Bounty Stage 5 now yields the highest chance of getting a Vaulted Relic. Our intentions here are to alleviate players abandoning the Bounty after the first Stage.

@[DE]Rebecca It didn't say having normal relics put into bounties, so I was a bit surprised to see them. Why put a normal relic into the drop table and dilute further our chances of getting a vault relic? Ain't it ok to just move the vault relic to uncommon and leave it as it is in the common reward by not adding another relic into it?

Sorry I tried making Ember work after my last post here. 

WOF complaints are due to people taking ember into lower content.  That ability was designed to make up for her lack of survivability and it failed past level 30. (why we play lower content) We were forced to use an augment to knock crowds down.  After that WOF is more like Tickle me Elmo.  Now in a few seconds you are in range of everything and on the ground powerless.  I have made adjustments till she became useful again which put me into level 15 range. The argument of use it only when you need it doesn't work.  You get over run very quickly in higher content. If you finish the current wave you have no power for the next one.  Ember is still a lower content parkour frame.

57 minutes ago, kyori said:

@[DE]Rebecca It didn't say having normal relics put into bounties, so I was a bit surprised to see them. Why put a normal relic into the drop table and dilute further our chances of getting a vault relic? Ain't it ok to just move the vault relic to uncommon and leave it as it is in the common reward by not adding another relic into it?

Just bail on the mission when you get a normal relic.  After all didn't they say it dilutes your chances of a vaulted one?  :P

Excellent! I hope to see more updates like this in the future! Thank you DE for listening to us and fixing/balancing so many things that we wanted/needed. I'm excited to see all the effort you're putting into making existing gear/content better! Keep it up! <3

Gotta be honest, I'm not happy about the Volt change. His duration feels too low now, even if you cast it on an enemy right next to you. With 152% duration on my Volt, I get at most, 4- 4 1/2 seconds of stun. Furthermore, I used my 4 on an enemy not even 5m away from me, still only 4-4 1/2 seconds. I don't understand why you guys are trying to make Volt a damage frame and take away his CC, but it's not what a lot of Volt players really want tbh. 

Is there a reason we can't have both some damage and some CC? Volt feels like he wants both of those things in order to make the best of his kit. Furthermore, why is his 4's range not duration based? Nova's 4 is like that, Mag's polarize is like that, so why not Volt's discharge? It being range based actively makes his kit fight among itself because it doesn't know which stats it wants more. As a result, you lack synergy with the rest of his kit and he's for some reason the black sheep compared to Nova and Mag and others. 

Overall really disappointed from y'all for not listening to what a lot of us Volt players really want, and not listening to the community on certain things in general (Univac, Rivens, ect.) 

Looks like Ember isn't worth playing anymore imo. I understand she needed a nerf, but the energy cost is just too much now imo. I'm fine with the idea of toggling it on and off as needed, but the initial base 50 energy cost makes that difficult especially if you're stacking power to make her at all useful for mid-higher level content. The tiny radius feels terrible too especially considering how squishy Ember is.

Oh well, I don't use my Ember frame too often anymore anyways. I just don't like that the time I invested into getting her somewhat viable was wasted. I'll stick to other, stronger, more efficient frames. She was only really OP for lower level content anyways.

1 hour ago, Issac_Ross said:

Just bail on the mission when you get a normal relic.  After all didn't they say it dilutes your chances of a vaulted one?  :P

Hey, that's a great idea. Especially as I've rarely seen a regular relic and a vaulted relic drop in the same bounty.

People bailing after the first stage of the bounty didn't bother me that much, but this change DOES bother me, VERY much. I guess I'll just join the bailer's club until they fix this and revert the change.

Really, this patch would be hugely improved by them just straight up reverting a ton of stuff.

The problem with moving the vaulted relics to uncommon is that although it may stop people leaving early, it doesn't fix the actual problem. That being, when the host leaves the squad in the plains, a new host doesn't take over the mission. When the leaves the squad in a normal mission, usually there is a host migration and you continue with whoever else got kicked out. On the plains, the mission gets cancelled. Fix that issues, not the position and rarity of the relic.

On another note of ember, the effect of ember's change means that if you use max rank overextended, after 10 seconds you still have shorter range and lower damage than base before the change. So, you would have to use 3 mod slots just to have range and damage of ember's base stats now (max rank over extended, rank 1 auger reach and intensify ) or to have slightly less than embers base range and double damage (max rank auger reach stretch,. cunning drift). In other words, it costs 3 mods to be pretty much equal to ember's base stats. That is expensive.......

Trying out different builds with Chroma, I'd like to make some suggestions on a few further tweaks for our friendly neighborhood Dragon.

1. Spectral Scream
    • reduce Energy Drain to 2.5
    • consider allowing a Quick Melee action when in use
  2. Everlasting Ward
    • raise base Duration to 30
  3. Vex Armor
    • raise base Duration to 30
  4. Effigy
    • turn the energy drain into a Health Drain on the Pelt
    • when health reaches zero, it returns to Chroma

I've shared other sorts of ideas for Chroma, but I hope that a few small tweaks like this would help out.

Here in the spoiler is further tweaks I've thought about for Chroma.

Spoiler

Here's what I want to see for Chroma, as Chroma is one of my favorite frames.

A possible change for Chroma to be more of a master of the elements, would be to allow Chroma to harness all four elements without needing to swap between them, with these changes:

1. Dragon Sentry - 'Effigy'   Energy Cost: 50

• Swapped places with Spectral Scream.
  • Main changes, replaces energy drain with a health decay on the Sentry. When health reaches zero, returns as the pelt on Chroma and regens Sentry health when worn.
    • So Pelt Health matters for deploying the Sentry.
    • Pelt draws aggro and retains 335 base Armor, Chroma has reduced aggro, 15 base armor and 1.15 sprint speed.
  • Guided Effigy Augment should be added into base ability.*
  • The sentry's damage, which at base is 400, would be split between the four Elements so each could do 100 damage at base
    • Note: Needs 299% Power Strength to reach 1,196 damage, compared to Oberon's Smite, which can reach 1,495, so should be fine as a 1st ability.

2. Elemental Ward             Energy Cost: 60

• Base Duration increased to 30 seconds
  • Base Aura Share Range is extended.
  • Augment should be added into base ability.*
  • Damage is split evenly between the four elements.
  • Status Effects, apply one at a time and can cycle, based on an RNG.
  • Ward boosts Health, Armor and Agility.
  • Ward is able to send Electrical Arcs to stun the enemy.
  • Damage Multipliers are removed, since the ability is able to sustain a damage aura.

3. Vex Armor                     Energy Cost: 75

• Adds a tap/hold functionality that builds the buffs like Inaros' Scarab Swarm.
    • Tap allows Chroma to have Vex Armor charge normally when receiving fire as it currently works.
    • Hold allows Chroma to charge Scorn to boost up armor first, by draining Shields, maybe allow Fury to drain health to charge, once Scorn has reached limit.
  • Adds a rate decay when not in active combat dealing and/or receiving damage.
  • Augment is either added to base ability or removed.*

4. Spectral Scream            Energy Cost: 25

• Spectral Scream benefits from some Primary Weapon mods.
  • As the other abilities, damage is split evenly between the four elements
  • Status Effects change at random between the four when proc'd on enemies
  • Could have increased energy drain.
  • Activating when wearing Pelt, the energy Wings allows Chroma to hover, so can do a few new movements.
    • Using Roll causes Chroma to use Wings to cause and stun enemies at an energy cost.
    • Crouch activates a Taunt which attacts enemies to Chroma and away from others.
    • Holding Sprint allows for a Charge at the cost of energy.
  • Activating when Dragon Sentry is active, could make the Sentry's attack ability stronger, grants Chroma the ability to dump lethal damage into the Pelt's Health and is granted increased evasion.
  • Augment is most likely removed.*

Passive: Primal Avatar: 10% Damage on Health converted to Energy, & Drains Energy to stop Lethal Damage with 10% Efficiency, (stacks with Rage / Hunter's Adrenaline & Quick Thinking).

These tweaks could help improve gameplay with Chroma and provide more opportunities to use his whole kit in more content, and is coming from thinking of this line as, "The bestial avatar of the primal forces of nature, Chroma, confounds his foes and strengthens his allies with elemental caprice."

So it could go further with the actual damage splits being variable and have the bonuses be random for allies, but I figured I'd start with these suggestions, and I don't know what criteria used to create drawbacks as needed after testing changes, so I can see further adjustments in that line of thinking.

*The idea with removing Augments and either adding them to the base ability or not is applying the KISS principle with the long term idea that Augments would be abandoned as Ability adjustments should be done directly and any ability ideas should be applied towards new Warframes.

Thanks for reading.

13 hours ago, TheMagicalSharpie said:

"Ember ded."

"WHY U KILL EMBER?"

"WHY'D YOU NERF EMBER SHE USELESS NOW!"

"She was only ever good at low level stuff, she can't do sortie level stuff, she's just too weak!"

(This entire thread.)

It took me thirty minutes in the Simulacrum to make a build that allowed her to kill an eclectic mix of level 100 Grineer enemies while taking little to no damage, took roughly 200 energy to do it.  At level 150 it took around 300ish energy but those enemies also didn't drop any energy so I had to take a sec to grab more/drop more.   Then, went to sedna and did the interception, mobile defense, exterminate and survival for 20 minutes.  I had no issues with it.  Went to go do Axi suvival for 20 minutes, no issue.  Ember is not her World on Fire,  it was her most mindless ability and while it was good for low level trash cleaning it is by far not her only strength.

"Oh but now her powers can't kill anything."  Then work around it, use your weapons in conjunction with her powers.  Loki's powers can't kill anything either but he does fine.  "But he has invisibility and can disarm people."  Yeah, and World on Fire isn't Ember's only CC.  Take a few minutes, read what her powers do, use your brain and quite whining.

I haven't had a chance to play with Banshee or Chroma yet but I have little doubt that I'll find a build for them that is just as useful.  Savage Silence Banshee is still a thing, is still excessively powerful and I have ideas of making Chroma just the best little team buffer he can be,  All it is is a change of paradigm, roll with it.  I honestly doubt they're going to give Chroma back anything near the power he had, built right he could one shot pretty much everything past level 150 with any decently strong gun, that is absurd for a single frame,  I can imagine it with any two frames but a single one?  yeah, no.  They have every right to nerf him, that they did it as a thinly veiled preventive measure of people oneshotting their precious new eidolons doesn't change the fact that he was getting nerfed eventually, this just happened to be the best time to do it as everyone and their mother were using him for eidolons.

I mostly agree but what utility does 4 have now, they might as well make it work like 3 now and change 3 to something else

36 minutes ago, Witch said:

I mostly agree but what utility does 4 have now, they might as well make it work like 3 now and change 3 to something else

As far as I can tell, none.  It's a bit of a wash for higher level stuff, though it's still fairly useful in bursts to take down up to level 30 content.   Her utility skills are her 2 and 3 now.

4 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

Hey, that's a great idea. Especially as I've rarely seen a regular relic and a vaulted relic drop in the same bounty.

People bailing after the first stage of the bounty didn't bother me that much, but this change DOES bother me, VERY much. I guess I'll just join the bailer's club until they fix this and revert the change.

Really, this patch would be hugely improved by them just straight up reverting a ton of stuff.

So I went to check what exactly changed in the drop table, and realised that what they did was actually increase the chances of all the unvaulted relics drop rates towards the end of the bounties...so bailing after the first few stages is the least efficient way of faming now!

Unvaulted Relic Bounty Drop Rates as of Update 22.12.0

Lith G2 (all rotations) : Stage 2 - 10.27%, Stage 3 - 26.79%

Lith G2 (lvl 15 - 25 ghoul) : Stage 2 & 3 - 17.84%, Stage 4 - 22.62%

Meso E1 (rotation A) : Stage 2 & 3 - 12.5%, Stage 4 - 35%

Meso F3 (rotation B & C) : Stage 2 & 3 - 14.78%, Stage 4 - 38.64%

Neo E1 (rotation C) : Stage 2 & 3 - 12.5%, Stage 4 - 12.28%, Stage 5 - 35%

Neo E1 (lvl 40 - 50 ghoul) : Stage 2 & 3 - 17.84%, Stage 4 - 15.64%, Stage 5 - 22.62%

Neo F1 (rotation A & B) : Stage 2 & 3 - 14.78%, Stage 4 - 14.53%, Stage 5 - 38.64%

Axi L1 (rotation B) : Stage 2 & 3 - 33.04%, Stage 4 - 27.54%, Stage 5 - 43.18%

Axi S2 (rotation A & C) : Stage 2 & 3 - 33.04%, Stage 4 - 27.54%, Stage 5 - 43.18%

DE needs to communicate such changes more clearly...I got so angry at first too.

source: https://www.warframe.com/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

Il y a 6 heures, Grisznaker a dit :

I can't farm new relics anymore! What have you done with rotations! Now farming these relics is painful much much much more than before! Why? Why you hate us so much?!

So I went to check what exactly changed in the drop table, and realised that what they did was actually increase the chances of all the unvaulted relics drop rates towards the end of the bounties...so bailing after the first few stages is the least efficient way of faming now!

Unvaulted Relic Bounty Drop Rates as of Update 22.12.0

Lith G2 (all rotations) : Stage 2 - 10.27%, Stage 3 - 26.79%

Lith G2 (lvl 15 - 25 ghoul) : Stage 2 & 3 - 17.84%, Stage 4 - 22.62%

Meso E1 (rotation A) : Stage 2 & 3 - 12.5%, Stage 4 - 35%

Meso F3 (rotation B & C) : Stage 2 & 3 - 14.78%, Stage 4 - 38.64%

Neo E1 (rotation C) : Stage 2 & 3 - 12.5%, Stage 4 - 12.28%, Stage 5 - 35%

Neo E1 (lvl 40 - 50 ghoul) : Stage 2 & 3 - 17.84%, Stage 4 - 15.64%, Stage 5 - 22.62%

Neo F1 (rotation A & B) : Stage 2 & 3 - 14.78%, Stage 4 - 14.53%, Stage 5 - 38.64%

Axi L1 (rotation B) : Stage 2 & 3 - 33.04%, Stage 4 - 27.54%, Stage 5 - 43.18%

Axi S2 (rotation A & C) : Stage 2 & 3 - 33.04%, Stage 4 - 27.54%, Stage 5 - 43.18%

DE needs to communicate such changes more clearly...I got so angry at first too.

source: https://www.warframe.com/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

Archived