The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 22.12.0: Weapons Changes Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Oh man. Another good idea that just occurred to me.

What if multishot added more beams. But instead of being offset space, they were offset in time. Giving the moving beams a tracer-like feel. That's tracer the concept, not Tracer the character. FYI. This way, when you sweep, the extra beams mean you actually hit more stuff more consistently. Just a thought.

The issue with the Convectrix alt-fire mode is it doesn't train long enough on enemies to ramp up the beam damage. So... this is just one way to allow that to happen.

Maybe giving the map a natural tracer, with multishot adding more length to it?

Like a beam equivalent to those rocket secondary guns.

Warframe's Game speed is truly Speedy.

So concentrate beam on to the target all the time? You can't that.

Even boss keep shake your aiming.

Ramp up per target?

What a mess?

if want to keep these ramp up per target system, then make them "Bonus" damage.

Not the starting 10% damage of the full damage.

Example:)Starting damage 100%, keep shooting on target 1 sec ramp up 10%, so 5 sec to ramp up 50%.

Edited by LucifelShiningL

Just now, yles9056 said:

I'm assuming it's for balance reasons and also gives beam weapon some uniqueness. All beam weapon are pretty strong now.

Well, not anymore. You start damage at 10% taking a second on each and every target to deal damage. It's just a bit above when beam weapons dealt damage litteraly on a per second basis.

9 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

I'm assuming it's for balance reasons and also gives beam weapon some uniqueness. All beam weapon are pretty strong now.

Damage instantly fall to 10% Even if when you slightly lost your target from crosshair.

Is that "Strong"?

Only Ignis can handle this 'unacceptable' penalty.

Conventrix's Alt fire can't ramp up. always dealing 10% damage. What a mess?

Edited by LucifelShiningL

If they nurf beam weapons like ramp on fire, i would understand. It would be quite comprehensive nerf considering spending ammo for keeping gun's damage up. But ramp per target is kinda weird. I am not good at science but i think there is no ramp per target mechanism for guns in real world. I believe Dev need a test server before they patch something. They just make something wonderful and turning them as trash which is makes player spending forma for sh.it.  

Edited by Rhymejelly

What really makes me mad, and this is partially unrelated, but I have to say it...

When ever DE changes something, there are a lot of complaints, valid or not, about this and that. And if something is broken, it takes them months or years to touch again. When the beam change dropped, people were generally, for the firts time in god know how long, happy with this change! ...so ofcourse they quickly have to break the whole thing in a day.

"Whoops, we made something people like! Can't have that!"

...I'm genuinly angry for the first time about a patch. I'll just go and cool down now...

• Ramp up is a good mechanic, however it has to stick on targets that we've built them up on. People are having to re-do the whole ramp up process just by flicking the crosshair somewhere else for a mere second.
    1. Built up "Ramp" should not disappear instantly, simply because we moved the crosshair out for a second.
    2. Introduce Ramp-up decay per target. Each target would eventually "cooldown" when not within the beam's area of influence for too long.
    3. There should be a way(wae) to indicate the target/s current "heat" level.
    4. Give some "high-intensity" beam weapons reduced ramp up time (Synapse, Cycron, Flux Rifle).
    5. Maybe speed up ramp-up time via Fire-rate mods.

I hope this feedback helps, the recent fix to ramp-up has made it unwieldy...

Beam Weapon Changes and Fixes:

• Increased the Beam weapon Damage ramp up time from 0.8 to 1 second.
  • Fixed Beam weapon Damage ramp up not happening per target.

Get rid of the damage ramp up PER TARGET change for beam weapons. Someone already beat me to why it's a unwieldy and obnoxious mechanic, gonna quote @ganjou234 here:

• Ramp up is a good mechanic, however it has to stick on targets that we've built them up on. People are having to re-do the whole ramp up process just by flicking the crosshair somewhere else for a mere second.
    1. Built up "Ramp" should not disappear instantly, simply because we moved the crosshair out for a second.
    2. Introduce Ramp-up decay per target. Each target would eventually "cooldown" when not within the beam's area of influence for too long.

I hope this feedback helps, the recent fix to ramp-up has made it unwieldy...

Basically, think about Gorgon and its wind up mechanic. For beam weapons, the ramp up per target mechanic would be like having to wait for Gorgon's wind-up time reset for every new target. That's annoying and frankly makes beam weapons even more unappealing to use. I love my Amprex, Ignis Wraith, and Quanta but god, this mechanic makes them kind of miserable to use!

Please reconsider reversing this change, or at least make the "ramp up" not disappear instantly every time we move our crosshair off a target.

5 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

You do realize ALL beam weapons are monstrous now? In no conceivable way are any of them inferior to how they were #Facts

You do realise Convectrix needs to converge the two beams before it is any good, right? And that it's alt-fire is near useless on things above Lvl 5 enemies?
Two beams are very slow to aim and cannot be sped up. It's just not viable with that kind of mechanic. And the moment you let go of the trigger their positions are reset to superwide again.

It's not that the weapon's damage output is bad, it's just that the weapon mechanic on it is everything but usable in combat scenarios.

Exce

1 hour ago, ganjou234 said:
  • Introduce Ramp up decay. Simple. Problem solved.
  • Increase Ignis & Ingnis Wraith's cone.

Ramp up is pretty similar to a heat mechanic.You build it up per target to do damage.

Except those usually decay, often after a timer, rather than instantly falling off.

It's suitable for some weapons, with a CD on losing it, but not others.

Area weapons? Fine. Aiming? Uhm - especially if there's already other aiming mechanics like the Convetrix and Phage!

I've definitely felt the difference even with the Amprex - if you don't hold the trigger down and right on target...

1 hour ago, ganjou234 said:
  • Introduce Ramp up decay. Simple. Problem solved.
  • Increase Ignis & Ingnis Wraith's cone.

Ramp up is pretty similar to a heat mechanic.You build it up per target to do damage.

4 minutes ago, DawnFalcon said:

Exce

Except those usually decay, often after a timer, rather than instantly falling off.

The other weapons dealing starting 100% full damage, but only Beam(and Flamethrower) 10% to starting.

Fair huh?

If they want to realistic heat mechanism, then make the starting 100% full damage and make the Ramp up per target are "Bonus" damage amplifier.

Just now, DawnFalcon said:

That would be a good mechanism for, say, Flux Rifle / Spectra.

Other weapons? Don't see the need. Cut damage and status % if needed for balance.

I saying "10% starting damage" is the S#&$s.

Convectrix Alt fire can't concentrate the focus on single target.

Always Scissoring.

Current ramp up per target system messed up that function.

If the amount of time to lose the ramp up is as short as most people are saying, then this will be a nightmare for console. Our aiming is already pretty bad since we don't have a mouse. With the sporadic movements some enemies can have beam weapons would just turn into a camping simulator so they could be effective. 

16 hours ago, DrBorris said:

After using the new Ignis... what? Hell no, Ignis was overall buffed.

Damage is up.

However, it affects a smaller area. The "beam" of the flame is a bit thinner, and the sphere at the end is now 3m rather than 5m.

I still think it feels fine, but it /has/ been reduced.