Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon hunting should be locked behind a MR?

Zaruken

8 hours ago, Zaruken said:

Hi guys!

Honestly i don't know if the Teralyst matchmaking bounty are already locked behind a MR like the common bounties but in my opinion they should be.

I don't think Teralyst should be intended for a low Mastery rank. I don't want to discriminate the beginners 'cause everyone needs to start from scratch but surely they have better things to do/grind compared to hunting down an eidolon. I got different run with beginners (MR 7,10 or 11) and this is the outcome:

Reveal hidden contents

HEFR0Lm.jpg

This could be a little stressfull... what do you think guys? Let me know and please keep this topic civil :)

Honestly, Sir, the pressure is quite intense if you understand what I mean here, you trying to put me in a tough spot to give an opinion. :nerd:

My practices are over though, so I'm moving on to qualification session (It is true, life is full of surprises) ;)

Main point:-

Well, instead of MR, they should be locked if they haven't got maxed mods installed in their build is the way to go which I believe should exist in fair play as new players don't that at all. 

At the end of the day, DE decides how to go way about it as they feel like, knowing them so far till date. :satisfied:

That's all I wanted to say as per my personal opinion.

Edited by IIWingSaberII

This sounds like a good idea on paper, but a disaster in practice. Let me explain it with a story.

There’s 2 friends wanting to hunt down a Teralyst, just them too, no one else:

-One of them has a Volt Prime, and some pretty good weapons that should be able to kill the Eidolons, not quickly, but it gets the job done. They’re MR 12 (I may be referring to me in the past here). and they have no experience whatsoever, when it comes to Eidolon hunting, and they have no forma.

-Another person has a Harrow, Tigris Prime, Euphoria Prime and a custom Zaw ; their damage numbers are horrifying to look at from the eyes of the Volt Prime, they’re insane. This Harrow is ready, he has read every guide, knows all the tips and tricks he can use to take down the Teralyst, and he’s forma-ed everything atleast 4 times. But... they’re MR9 (they bought the weapons from the Prime Access when they were released (this is not a real person, but this is possible, just with a lot of money) ).

If there was a MR lock on things, the Harrow won’t be able to get into the “high end” content he/she has been getting ready for since the Eidolons emerged. The Volt Prime on the other hand, not experienced at all, has to leave his friend, and either try face it alone, which he knows he will fail on, or just not do it.

Edited by EndermanBeast

10 hours ago, EndermanBeast said:

If there was a MR lock on things, the Harrow won’t be able to get into the “high end” content he/she has been getting ready for since the Eidolons emerged. The Volt Prime on the other hand, not experienced at all, has to leave his friend, and either try face it alone, which he knows he will fail on, or just not do it.

This topic is asking for a lock on the matchmaking so if they grouped up outside the mission they could just go in and hunt eidolons without being put through that process.

Hell, no MR restriction, please.

Everything needed for a smooth Teralyst run isn't related to MR and can't be deduced from MR (nor is MR a guarantee for better play):

• T2+ Amp (223 fury FTW)
  • waybound skills and arcanes to buff and speed up that fragile Operator
  • timing your Void Mode
  • getting those bloody lures
  • Chroma with a reliable riven modded weapon (only one who probably needs a higher MR to fit in his Riven Mod)
  • Trinity spamming her Blessings (MR irrelevant)
  • Volt placing his shields close enough for every amp (MR irrelevant)
  • Harrow not missing his four moments of glory  (MR irrelevant).
Edited by Toran

Just don't pub things you don't want to go horribly wrong, it's simple as that.

Start assembling an Eidolon group 10, maybe 15 minutes before the night cycle begins. Learn what is necessary and phrase your recruiting messages accordingly.

Also, spend a minute to examine the profiles of people you're inviting.

You're hosting a dedicated farm group which has to take down two Hydrolysts at bare minimum? Look for people with successful captures in stats, check their "profile" -> "equipment" to see if they have gilded t2/t3 amps, Itzal and Adazha kavats. 

You're just looking to learn the ropes? Gather some friends or join a group that does not require any specific gear/prior knowledge. Hek, you could even plain write "Looking to LEARN how to cap eidolons, anyone willing to show me"? Chances are, you will get more than one reply. 

And please, PLEASE don't try to weasel into a speedfarm group when all you have is a mote amp and an unformaed frame on top of zero experience. It's NOT going to be a pleasant experience for any of you. 

19 часов назад, FollowTheFaceless сказал:

NOPE. I think DE should be even more strict on this matter and put Mastery restriction on almost everything. To make the game more phased than this chaos, that happening now: low MR on their most rushes into missions they not simply prepared for and came here, whining. And don't you dare poking at me with those ~10% who is out of their MR level by skill, cause they are very few in number.

Bull. S****.

Mr 15 for example isn't low by any means but was mentioned as unworthy of such simple thing as Eidolon hunts. Lmao. Just lmao. I've seen just enough mr 20-25 running around in raids like headless chickens having no idea what to do (despite having completed runs in their record which means most likely that they were carried through) and so is in sortie.

If you're so obsessed with number, don't pug at all. Public mm is for those who just want more teammates and do not care about their quality.

In my opinion the hunt should be locked behind quills standing level if the intent is to make sure the hunter has, or can build a tier 2 amp. There will still be outliers, people who cling to their tier 1 or haven't built t2 yet, but this should be a minority for the "kill the 3 eidolons" hunt.

Reg eidolon hunt should just require a mote amp though.

Also I have partied with randoms every hunt i did for the past month, they help even if I do most of the kill.  Really the only problem is newbs breaking thr first limb before my lures are charged.

Is the new meta going to be teralyst + gantulyst then repeat?  The hydrolyst looks like a huge pain in the butt and i imagine pick up groups won't be great there.

4 minutes ago, K2k4 said:

In my opinion the hunt should be locked behind quills standing level if the intent is to make sure the hunter has, or can build a tier 2 amp. There will still be outliers, people who cling to their tier 1 or haven't built t2 yet, but this should be a minority for the "kill the 3 eidolons" hunt.

Also I have partied with randoms every hunt i did for the past month, they help even if I do most of the kill.  Really the only problem is newbs breaking thr first limb before my lures are charged.

Is the new meta going to be teralyst + gantulyst then repeat?  The hydrolyst looks like a huge pain in the butt and i imagine pick up groups won't be great there.

I hope the meta becomes repeating after a gantulyst because the hydrolyst gives me headaches with all the flashing lights

13 minutes ago, K2k4 said:

This is the only logical solution for higher megalyst captures. Advancing Quill standing means you've actually captured a few teralysts.

On 2/11/2018 at 12:04 PM, -Temp0- said:

I've done Eidolons with people that have mr 15-16 and nm lor with a person who was mr10 at the time. Had no issues whatsoever.

Stop thinking that this stupid number means something. This is actually ridiculous. Yes no one really wants to deal wth newbies in such content but mr isn'a an indication of anything here. If you don't know the person you're still gambling, you're not guaranteed to get anything.

Did my first trial as LoRNM and as a MR7
Granted I played Xbox 2 years ago but that's you know, irrelevant

On 2/11/2018 at 7:15 AM, Bobtm said:

We don't want to go down that road, because it's a recipe for a train wreck.  We had hints of this with the old conclave system, and spoiler there but it was 100% incorrect in how it rated one thing vs another.  And as others have noted, Mastery Rank doesn't mean a darn thing at all.  It's just a near irrelevant measure of how much junk someone has ranked up.  Now (post weapon rebalance) it will going forward give you a better idea of how well geared a player can be.  Since new folks coming in will adhere to the new MR locks.  But for the current crowd it's still mostly meaningless.

As long as a player has completed The War Within and Saya's Vigil, and has visited the Quills, they're prepped enough to fight a Teralyst.  So having that Teralyst bounty require a player to have completed those prerequisites is appropriate.  Four Mote Amps and sortie-viable gear won't necessarily fit into the ideal setup but it will work vs a Teralyst just fine.  And that's why public matchmaking is for, what simply works.  If folks want more honed loadouts along, then that's where Recruiting comes into play.

For the triple-threat bounty, I'd say require that the player be at Observer (rank 2) with the Quills.  A player at this rank will have access to a 212 Amp which can work fairly well vs the Familyst (yes, I should get out).  Having it set to Observer and above means you'll likely be paired with players who've at least gotten the hang of the Teralyst and can handle it fine.  And going up above that is simply the next step in terms of progression.

Ideally we could have an extra bounty.  Where players que up to fight just the first two members of the Familyst, and have that one locked at rank 2 of Quills.  Then put the full Familyst bounty behind a Quills rank 3 lock.  But I don't think that's particularly necessary given the difficulty difference between the two.

This seems like a VERY GOOD IDEA. No hard MR lock (other than TWW), and as a new player you will have acquired the basic kit needed for Eidolon hunting. Requiring higher Quill rank to prove you can actually kill the thing rather than just kind of go blind straight into the Disco Death Dance (or epilepsy inducing fights). This means that the content is available to those who want to and are capable of doing said content, without an irrelevant artificial wall that an MR lock would be.

On 2/11/2018 at 6:18 PM, FollowTheFaceless said:

Teralyst - 10 MR

Hydrolyst - 20 MR

I know player with MR17 who doesnt seem to care for going higher but can cheese your hydrolyst. MR means nothing unles its too low (under 5-10)

Edited by Igni

then you can do that solo dont drag other players into it with you

people should just use invite only if they want to stuff around and try and test things on eidolons that there is the biggest issue people not using  invite only or solo

so many times u join and low level players are just fishing i just tell them stay fishing and i just go kill it or cap it myself...

Edited by zNightWolfz

vor einer Stunde schrieb Igni:

I know player with MR17 who doesnt seem to care for going higher but can cheese your hydrolyst. MR means nothing unles its too low (under 5-10)

And we had a MR 12 along and routinely did the Three-Eidolon cap. I find this discussion as any MR-discussion related to team requirements ridiculous, especially in regards to Clans.

With litte guidance and provided with only a few needed mods, even a MR5 (the only true, quest-related, MR-requirement) can participate in the capture. And it would be a welcome step for any bigger clan as Warframe beginners profit the most from Focus skills.

Edited by Toran

21 minutes ago, Toran said:

any MR-discussion related to team requirements ridiculous, especially in regards to Clans.

This is the part i wont agree with. MR doesnt matter skill wise. but MR = gear you have. and Low MR usually means people look for clan research. So many low MR players join clans just for the research and not for group itself. As a clan warlord i have MR restriction solely for filtering players who are just gonna copy researches and leave.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Igni:

This is the part i wont agree with. MR doesnt matter skill wise. but MR = gear you have. and Low MR usually means people look for clan research. So many low MR players join clans just for the research and not for group itself. As a clan warlord i have MR restriction solely for filtering players who are just gonna copy researches and leave.

You tend to disagree with anything you come across, Igni.

But there are players who like to bring their low-MR friend/clan mate along. Those would be hurt by a MR-restriction to the hunts. For a supportive role as Harrow or Trinity you need only little in terms of gear to make it work alright in a capture.