Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Account Question, Rule Related

SupImNude

Question

So... I hate kuva farming, but i have a second pc to make it easier, and i have been thinking about making a second account to replay through the starchart.

Anyways I was wondering if I would be banned for taxiing my regular account back and forth to kuva floods.  I feel like this is kind of exploity? but its really not much different than searching in recruiting chat for kuva flood.  Its not like trading between the two accounts, it would just be a bit more kuva and no need to mess around with recruiting chat or do the regular ones.

Any info on this would be great because im really getting tired of having to do 3 kuva missions with a resource booster for 1 reroll.

You mean doing a flood on one account, then going into it on another account and inviting your first, so that your first account can do the flood twice? I wasn't aware you could get the kuva reward if you ran it a second time, I thought it was like sorties and other special missions where you only get the reward once. But if it does work, and you get caught doing it, you shouldn't be surprised if you get banned.

Well I had hoped there were other people doing it and it was ok :(

The thing here is its not like raids or sorties, where I would be taking a daily reward and MOVING it to another account.  In this case you can already do as many kuva floods as you can get into, its not really capped.  Second, i wouldnt be using the second account and then doing any kind of hinky transfer trading, I would be doing all the missions with my regular account.

Its all good that I cant, its just one more annoying thing to keep track of like when its nighttime on plains.  Ill just have to make sure I do a flood for each hour I play.

You have to understand my side here though, its very little kuva for how much the rolls cost, my luck has been terrible, and people CONSTANTLY afk in these missions.  They join, afk, and get the kuva rewards anyway, then ill get the same afker in the next mission, sometimes ruining the mission because there will be a duo door i cant open.

This is one of those things where I wouldnt do it unless i was certain it was ok, spent way too much time to throw away my account over something that was even remotely questionable.

Edited by SupImNude

idk this just bugs me, its like if i found a group of 4 people who wanted to hard farm kuva for the day, id be willing to taxi them to flood 4 or 5 times, then each of them went 4 or 5 times...

not sure how many of these you could bang out in an hour, but if it was a capture mission or what have you, this would just be the most efficient use of time.

The idea that I cant just use a second account and do this myself is irritating because of "no interaction"

but I guess I will look for a group to do this?

do you think its bannable to use a group who all wants to do this?

In order for a group to do what you're talking about, each of them would still need alternate accounts to run the missions on. And if you all have a mutual agreement to host missions on alt accounts that your main account can't access, a mod could very well decide that you're breaking the "no interaction" rule (since you're doing activity on your alt account in order to benefit your main account, albeit at a remove).

The game pops one flood per hour. The only ways to get around that are pretty exploitative, regardless of whether you're running solo or with friends. And if you suddenly start gaining tens of thousands of kuva per hour, I wouldn't be surprised if a mod decided it's bad behavior.

4 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

In order for a group to do what you're talking about, each of them would still need alternate accounts to run the missions on. And if you all have a mutual agreement to host missions on alt accounts that your main account can't access, a mod could very well decide that you're breaking the "no interaction" rule (since you're doing activity on your alt account in order to benefit your main account, albeit at a remove).

The game pops one flood per hour. The only ways to get around that are pretty exploitative, regardless of whether you're running solo or with friends. And if you suddenly start gaining tens of thousands of kuva per hour, I wouldn't be surprised if a mod decided it's bad behavior.

Thats not what im saying at all.  Im saying you, 2 other people, and I decide to group up.  I host a kuva flood, then leave... you guys finish the flood and we do it again, ill host 5 times, then each other person will do the same.  If this were not possible I wouldnt be asking to do it with a smurfing account, otherwise id need dozens of accounts.

At the end of the day we've all run 15 kuva floods, instead of running 20 normal kuva missions.  This is quite a bit more kuva, especially when you start to include resource booster and cat buffs, which are worth much more when the base kuva amount is doubled.

im not trying to cheat the system here, just trying to get the most out of my time since 3500 kuva per roll is actually preventing me from playing with rivens at all.  Its getting to the point where im better off mining rocks all day in poe and running radshares and just buying the rivens, but for some reason that seems like shortchanging msyelf.

Edited by SupImNude

I wanted to ask this one more time because I wasn't clear the last time around but I did a little research and it seems some people do have multiple accounts and are just fine as long as they are not circumventing any rules(this "rule" is a very grey thing).

So my question is this -> I may make a second account to do the beginning of the game, kind of speedrun it for fun since the last time I did the early game there werent void fissures or a real direction in the early game.  But when I am through with that I was considering using the alt account to farm kuva floods since I have been doing lots of riven stuff lately.

This is completely possible with a group of people as it is - it just requires all of them put in the time and would be difficult to find people to do this, which is why id prefer to just do it solo with a second account.  If a group of 4 people decided to farm kuva floods, someone would just host floods for an hour, leave the game(and get nothing for 1/4 of the 4 hours), and then have each of the other 3 people do this to keep it even.  Obviously 4 hours of farming is a big investment and it would be difficult to find a group like this, but im sure people do.  I would happily group with people to do this and host games for a bit while i watched some netflix, then let the next guy take his turn.  This would just make the time actually spent playing more rewarding, and give some downtime to do other stuff.  Id love to do this! but finding a group for this is a little ridiculous which is why id like to use an alt, I wouldnt even mind hosting them for a party with the alt account, more floods for everyone... But im not sure this is allowed?

Hope thats all clear.  Im not interesting in trading items or discounted plat or event mods whatever those are between the accounts, and if the second account were to be banned, it wouldnt be the end of the world as that account would be more for the early game and then whatever usefulness it has in this situation.

Any advice?  I really would like to replay the early game but itd be more fun if i knew I could use the account for this as well, because im also addicted to rolling rivens.  I also want to be 100% sure my main account does not get banned, because I have put way too much time into it and id rather not lose it over a little less frustration with the riven system.  The tldr is it would be multiple accounts, and it would benefit my main account, but not in any way that isnt already intrinsic to the game and squading up.

13 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

If you mean you plan to dual box and host the game with your alt while your main plays, that'd be against the rules. If you mean just host on your alt for others to join then you're fine.

So your saying its fine for me to do this for other people, and for them to do it for me, but against the rules to do it for myself?  This is a bit ridiculous isnt it?

Im really looking for someone who has been banned i guess lol.  I dont mind losing the second account if this is actually against the rules, but its hard for me to believe it is, and I would really only be concered about losing my main one.  There would be zero trading between the two accounts, this is 100% reproducable with a party of people, I just dont want to bother looking for a group of people that are also interested in doing this.

Edited by SupImNude

It's against the rules for your own accounts to interact. Think about it, if you use your alt account to host for others, you're just playing the game normally. If you host for yourself, you're exploiting the system to get more resources for your main account.

6 minutes ago, SupImNude said:

So your saying its fine for me to do this for other people, and for them to do it for me, but against the rules to do it for myself?  This is a bit ridiculous isnt it?

Im really looking for someone who has been banned i guess lol.  I dont mind losing the second account if this is actually against the rules, but its hard for me to believe it is, and I would really only be concered about losing my main one.  There would be zero trading between the two accounts, this is 100% reproducable with a party of people, I just dont want to bother looking for a group of people that are also interested in doing this.

It's not, as DE doesn't want you to gain a "progress advantage" via from alternate accounts as it can be seen as "cheating the system". Even though there are games that allow this kind of use DE doesn't condone it in their game.

Oh someone got banned of a similar case to what you're planning and boy was it all over the forums. You won't just lose your second account but your primary as well.

1 minute ago, Cradicias said:

It's against the rules for your own accounts to interact. Think about it, if you use your alt account to host for others, you're just playing the game normally. If you host for yourself, you're exploiting the system to get more resources for your main account.

Its not an exploit, its just using the party system that everyone else uses without the need to go into recruiting chat.

It would be like having a radshare with 3 other accounts that all belong to me, and then never moving anything between the accounts.  Yes it would benefit me, but not in any way that other people cant.  There will be no trading or anything, it just saves time finding a group.

The no interaction thing is something i read quite a bit on and it pretty much expressly refers to trading between them or trying to farm platinum discounts.

Ive looked in support but I cant seem to find a way to email support lol.  Id really like a definitive answer on this one :( cause it would save me alot of hassle and id get to monkey around with the low level stuff so that would be nice.  As for "no interaction" there are plenty of posts ive seen of dormrooms full of people who play, and there is of course no way for DE to tell if theyre all one person or not, so as a rule, i dont think interaction really means much unless there is clear circumventing of rules.

6 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

It's not, as DE doesn't want you to gain a "progress advantage" via from alternate accounts as it can be seen as "cheating the system". Even though there are games that allow this kind of use DE doesn't condone it in their game.

Oh someone got banned of a similar case to what you're planning and boy was it all over the forums. You won't just lose your second account but your primary as well.

I think our difference of opinion here is that you think im trying to "cheat" the system, when really im just trying to "use" the system thats in place without having to muck around in recruiting chat for an hour, or befriend of group of people ill be trying to avoid after im done farming kuva.

3 minutes ago, SupImNude said:

Its not an exploit, its just using the party system that everyone else uses without the need to go into recruiting chat.

It would be like having a radshare with 3 other accounts that all belong to me, and then never moving anything between the accounts.  Yes it would benefit me, but not in any way that other people cant.  There will be no trading or anything, it just saves time finding a group.

The no interaction thing is something i read quite a bit on and it pretty much expressly refers to trading between them or trying to farm platinum discounts.

Ive looked in support but I cant seem to find a way to email support lol.  Id really like a definitive answer on this one :( cause it would save me alot of hassle and id get to monkey around with the low level stuff so that would be nice.  As for "no interaction" there are plenty of posts ive seen of dormrooms full of people who play, and there is of course no way for DE to tell if theyre all one person or not, so as a rule, i dont think interaction really means much unless there is clear circumventing of rules.

Perhaps a moderator can settle this @NovusNova?

Just now, SupImNude said:

I think our difference of opinion here is that you think im trying to "cheat" the system, when really im just trying to "use" the system thats in place without having to muck around in recruiting chat for an hour, or befriend of group of people ill be trying to avoid after im done farming kuva.

It's not my opinion it's DE's hence why it's in quotes.

7 minutes ago, SupImNude said:

"Exploit" doesn't always refer to a bug or glitch. It can refer to any improper use of an existing system that was not intended by the developers. In this case, they never intended for people to make multiple accounts and use those accounts to get resources for themselves without having to interact with a party of other people. Thus, you WOULD be exploiting the account system to do a 4 man farm by yourself. You have your answer, you'd be banned.

Edited by Cradicias

8 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

"Exploit" doesn't always refer to a bug or glitch. It can refer to any improper use of an existing system that was not intended by the developers. In this case, they never intended for people to make multiple accounts and use those accounts to get resources for themselves without having to interact with a party of other people. Thus, you WOULD be exploiting the account system to do a 4 man farm by yourself. You have your answer, you'd be banned.

ok... so lets say i make the second account, and i find 2 other people.  and the 3 of us do this? is this bannable?  You have your "group" of people - so NOW its not an exploit if host floods for everyone and myself?

you understand what im getting out, your making it out like any pooling of resources using a preexisting game system is an exploit, all these radshare exploits, people getting primes they didnt farm themselves!

its not an exploit... its intrinsic to the game, but its alot easier to meddle with if I can just do it myself rather than sit in recruiting chat for an hour.  People just "playing the game" dont get radshares, but its not an exploit - they EXPLOITED recruiting chat.  Thats all im trying to do here  - and id be happy to bring 2 other players along, speed it up even more.

Edited by SupImNude

3 minutes ago, SupImNude said:

ok... so lets say i make the second account, and i find 2 other people.  and the 3 of us do this? is this bannable?  You have your "group" of people - so NOW its not an exploit if host floods for everyone and myself?

you understand what im getting out, your making it out like any pooling of resources using a preexisting game system is an exploit, all these radshare exploits, people getting primes they didnt farm themselves!

its not an exploit... its intrinsic to the game, but its alot easier to meddle with if I can just do it myself rather than sit in recruiting chat for an hour.  People just "playing the game" dont get radshares, but its not an exploit - they EXPLOITED recruiting chat.  Thats all im trying to do here.

You can totally take your alt and join radshares and such. But if your main and alt end up in the same mission together I imagine DE would treat it as interaction and thus a bannable offense. Even this sort of inbetween with other players might be seen as that. I think the rule was put in place to discourage account selling.

Edited by HisHolinessAardvarkPrime