Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When am I a Vet

Ragnarok160

Ive been playing warframe for about 3 years now, i have 700 hours according to my in game profile and 1200 according to steam. Im mr23 and have every frame in the game so far, my question is am i a vet yet?

I think a lot of people are self proclaimed or dont know, it there a magic number i have to hit? Or are just founders considered vets ( tho i catagorize them on there own and ive seen founders with less time and mr then me). 

I feel like i consider myself a vet on how much of the game ive seen change and ive fallen into DE last survey time bracket.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Ragnarok160

I think your problem is assuming there's a standardized definition of what a veteran of a game really is, or entails possessing the attributes therein and thereof.

Can you answer questions, from newbies and long-time players? Or at the very least understand the mechanics enough to have a discussion or conversation to arrive at an answer? Can you use at least half of those frames in your possession, in at least half the mission types with the ease that you could keep watch over your own child while playing? 

These are just a few things I'd personally attribute "veteran" status to someone in this game over. Having mastery over both the game and its mechanics while being able to verbalize those concepts via engaging with the community it both affects and influences. 

But that's just my opinion. o3o

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Ive been playing earframe for about 3 years now, i have 700 hours according to my ingame profile and 1200 according to steam. Im mr23 and have every frame in the game so far, my question is am i a vet yet?

I think a lot of people are self proclaimed or dont know, it there a magic number i have to hit? Or are just founders considered vets ( tho i catagorize them on there own and ive seen founders with less time and mr then me). 

I feel like i consider myself a vet on how much of the game ive seen changr and ive fallen into DE last survey time bracket.

Any thoughts?

One & only path to becoming a true vet anytime, survive this.   :highfive:

Edited by IIWingSaberII

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Ive been playing earframe for about 3 years now, i have 700 hours according to my ingame profile and 1200 according to steam. Im mr23 and have every frame in the game so far, my question is am i a vet yet?

I feel like i consider myself a vet on how much of the game ive seen changr and ive fallen into DE last survey time bracket.

Any thoughts?

New players are more important imho .

Being a Vet has less to do with numbers and more to do with experience.

If you can solo 99% of the content in the game, know what an optimal build for a weapon will be just by seeing its stat-card, and can teach noobs what they need to know to get started, you are a vet.

If you can already tell which point in the damage calculation sequence a mod/ability will have to apply in order to be good, or can look at a piece of FashonFrame and know which frames you would put it on without even trying it beforehand, you are a vet.

Being a Vet has nothing to do with MR, Playtime, Login Days, or resource quantities.

It's about knowing the game inside and out.

It's about finding out something new about the game every week instead of every day.

If you can do all that, you are a vet.

3 hours ago, Kurokoz said:

Been playing since closed beta and I avoid that term like a plague

Likewise, minus the closed beta part (didn't come around until U8). I also avoid any and all topics regarding "vets" (even just using the term) because they usually end up spiraling into toxicity and ad hominem by the end of the first page, but this is an exception.

Edited by LazerSkink

2 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

New players buy plat , they keep the lights on.

1. Veterans are the reason the game is what it is today (hence the Founders program and long term players).

2. New players buy platinum to spend it on items vets sell them (more than likely that vets have the items that new players want to buy).

Just now, LazerSkink said:

Likewise, minus the closed beta part (didn't come around U8). I also avoid any and all conversation regarding "vets" (or even mentioning them) because they usually end up spiraling into toxicity and ad hominem by the end of the first page, but this is an exception.

Pretty much what's happening here right now .

Just now, --Q--Voltage said:

1. Veterans are the reason the game is what it is today (hence the Founders program and long term players).

2. New players buy platinum to spend it on items vets sell them (more than likely that vets have the items that new players want to buy).

1.New players are spending cash right now , bets sit on their banked plat .

2. New players buy plat to spend right now and they don't sit on 10k plat .

1 minute ago, Spectre-8 said:

New players do the exact same thing .

if they do the exact same thing, how are they any better/more important than vets? If both take part in the same activity, why is one group's interests more meaningful than the other?

Edited by -dicht.Goko-

18 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

Usually the self proclaimed vet's use that title on their forum posts to justify their opinion of game changes..

Been playing since closed beta and I avoid that term like a plague

Yeah, avoid that term. It has been used to justify the most ridiculous things. It lost any kind of weight in this game.

The point is that new players arnt the ones the bought it it was people who were and are veterans. People dedicated to the game and wanted it to succeed. Whether it was a one time purchase or not (cause there will be more "new veterans" the longer the game runs) the fact is Veterans are what keep this game going. Sure new players buy plat but thats like buying the game. people who buy the game dont keep the game going its the people still playing it afterwards