Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Main Menu UI Text Sucks

DarkFlameZealot

3eKw1hB.pnglH8u4pB.png

The text for the gear and warframe is crisp and nice to read, but the larger letters for the main menu are abysmally low quality in my opinion. There should be no difference just because the font size has changed and the letters are bold instead of normally shown. Please revert this issue, it looks terrible. Allow us to opt out of new UI changes and ESPECIALLY don't let those without 4k capability to suffer because you want to make the whole game 4k now. 

Edit: for those that don't understand what I'm talking about, the new text is the left and old is the right. The right side is smaller and sharper compared to the left which is bulky and blurry from more than one angle of viewing. It looks far better in the old version.

Let us have the option to choose how our UI looks instead of forcing changes and only allowing us to change the size of the UI.

Edited by DarkFlameZealot

47 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

The font can't look low quality because it's rendered at the resolution you're playing now. The problem is that the menu and the HP/Shields HUD ones look bold and could probably use a tweak or even some sort of depth effect.

i would probably be happier if they told bold off. or allowed you to set your own font sizes etc

As a graphic designer, this new typeface for the menu is grating to look at.

I appreciate updating the font rendering method, however, the new typeface is hideous. There kerning is splitting certain words appart, the weight is overly bold, certain characters use slab-serifs (the I's look like steel i-beams), and the style lacks the elegance of the original. This new font looks like a variation of Verdana; While screen/device friendly, it's quite bland.

I really hope this is temporary as perhaps the original font wasn't available in a scalable format.

11 hours ago, Goblin_au said:

As a graphic designer, this new typeface for the menu is grating to look at.

I appreciate updating the font rendering method, however, the new typeface is hideous. There kerning is splitting certain words appart, the weight is overly bold, certain characters use slab-serifs (the I's look like steel i-beams), and the style lacks the elegance of the original. This new font looks like a variation of Verdana; While screen/device friendly, it's quite bland.

I really hope this is temporary as perhaps the original font wasn't available in a scalable format.

i agree it has inconsistent spacing