Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania, the forgotten warframe

devildevil21

IF she has been forgotten, why do I see her so often? She was also my go to in the plain for Eidalon hunting till I switched over to Harrow just recently (But that is because his immunity to damage with Cov helps even poorly matched up groups or newbies)

Edited by SilvaDreams

26 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

IF she has been forgotten, why do I see her so often? She was also my go to in the plain for Eidalon hunting till I switched over to Harrow just recently (But that is because his immunity to damage with Cov helps even poorly matched up groups or newbies)

It seems most players in this thread don't understand the word "forgotten".

I've explicitly said in the thread that the DEVELOPERS forgot about titania, only adding the 3 base augments to her and leaving her skills untouched.

She is in no way underplayed, she is just clunky, and used for 1 thing only: The dps of her 4th skill. That's not how a warframe should be. She has 3 other skills for god sake, but no one uses them. Actually, several players who use titania don't even know how her 2nd and 3rd skill works.

For a warframe so hyped, to be left in such a poor state is just.... I don't know how to properly describe it. Titania HAS been forgotten by the developers. 

And don't use the augments argument, as I've explained several times already, the augments added to titania are the 3-base augments that EVERY warframe gets, she didn't get more, she didn't get less, she got what the other warframes got in augments, but unlike the other warframes who got a QoL and a fix here and there, titania has gotten none.

Edited by devildevil21

23 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

It seems most players in this thread don't understand the word "forgotten".

I've explicitly said in the thread that the DEVELOPERS forgot about titania, only adding the 3 base augments to her and leaving her skills untouched.

She is in no way underplayed, she is just clunky, and used for 1 thing only: The dps of her 4th skill. That's not how a warframe should be. She has 3 other skills for god sake, but no one uses them. Actually, several players who use titania don't even know how her 2nd and 3rd skill works.

For a warframe so hyped, to be left in such a poor state is just.... I don't know how to properly describe it. Titania HAS been forgotten by the developers. 

And don't use the augments argument, as I've explained several times already, the augments added to titania are the 3-base augments that EVERY warframe gets, she didn't get more, she didn't get less, she got what the other warframes got in augments, but unlike the other warframes who got a QoL and a fix here and there, titania has gotten none.

She is a relatively new frame, there are MUCH older frame that need attention than her.

Also just because people just use her as a DPS machine doesn't mean her other powers are bad. That is like before when everyone compared Oberon to Trinity just because he could heal when he could do other things much better than heal and his fairly recent tweaks just made my existing build for him that much better.

21 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

She is a relatively new frame, there are MUCH older frame that need attention than her.

Also just because people just use her as a DPS machine doesn't mean her other powers are bad. That is like before when everyone compared Oberon to Trinity just because he could heal when he could do other things much better than heal and his fairly recent tweaks just made my existing build for him that much better.

"Relatively new" is something you can say to a warframe released early-mid 2017. She was released mid 2016. 2 years, that's not "new".

Using a specific warframe for 1 specific abillity and not even touching the other 3 was what saryn, ash, banshee, limbo, ember, several other warframes were for. What did DE do to them? Reworked, QoL, nerfed or buffed.

If we look at titania, nerfing will do no good. She does great damage on her 4th but it is still a weapon, she has to aim to kill, unlike pressing 4 to wipe the map. Buffing won't do no good. She already has the numbers to back her off, the problem is that the abilities themselves are conflicting with each other. It leaves titania with 2 options: A QoL or a rework.

Also, if we are to consider titania a "new frame", how is it that she is so underplayed? Not mentioned ONCE in the devstreams, only rebecca plays her and it was to showcase a PIECE of the plains of eidolons. The only players I see using titania are me, someone leveling her or someone using her in assassinations (althought mesa does a better job at it, excluding bosses with specific weak spots).

She's as popular as wukong at the moment. Used as a gimmick. Wukong is used only for his invulnerability. Titania is used only for her razorwing. Both underplayed, both "relatively new", not mentioned by DE since they were released.

3 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

"Relatively new" is something you can say to a warframe released early-mid 2017. She was released mid 2016. 2 years, that's not "new".

Using a specific warframe for 1 specific abillity and not even touching the other 3 was what saryn, ash, banshee, limbo, ember, several other warframes were for. What did DE do to them? Reworked, QoL, nerfed or buffed.

If we look at titania, nerfing will do no good. She does great damage on her 4th but it is still a weapon, she has to aim to kill, unlike pressing 4 to wipe the map. Buffing won't do no good. She already has the numbers to back her off, the problem is that the abilities themselves are conflicting with each other. It leaves titania with 2 options: A QoL or a rework.

Also, if we are to consider titania a "new frame", how is it that she is so underplayed? Not mentioned ONCE in the devstreams, only rebecca plays her and it was to showcase a PIECE of the plains of eidolons. The only players I see using titania are me, someone leveling her or someone using her in assassinations (althought mesa does a better job at it, excluding bosses with specific weak spots).

She's as popular as wukong at the moment. Used as a gimmick. Wukong is used only for his invulnerability. Titania is used only for her razorwing. Both underplayed, both "relatively new", not mentioned by DE since they were released.

As we're only in February right now, this isn't 2 years...barely even a year and a quarter. So yeah...new.

Also, how much do you expect DE to work on at once?  

"Give us REWORKS!"
"Give us NEW missions!"
"Give us new Weapons!"
"Give us new Warframes!"
"Give us new Open World maps!"
"Fix bugs!"
"blahblahblah"

DE is only a relatively small staff for what they support, and their focus can only be on so many tasks if you expect those tasks done well.
And given we don't even pay them a fee for all services rendered, it's a miracle they continue to put out all that they do at all!

Just because you're not hearing about it RIGHT NOW doesn't mean changes/updates arent being planned/in the works -at all-.  Just means it's not at the forefront of their priorities...or at least not that they've told you about. 

Unless you're a stockholder in DE, they don't owe you a play-by-play of their plans.   Just relax, be patient.  Have a nice discussion about how we could productively work on altering Titania.  But to imply DE is just being lazy or has "forgotten" her is an unfounded accusation.

1 hour ago, devildevil21 said:

She is in no way underplayed, she is just clunky, and used for 1 thing only:

10 minutes ago, devildevil21 said:

Also...which is it?  Is she underplayed or isn't it?  

Personally I love playing as Titania when I'm in the mood to do so.  Not just for her 4th.  Sometimes just for the appearance and lore of it.  Not everything is about numbers for everyone ^_^  My weapons do enough to kill things, I'm not too worried about frame's abilities all the time.

Titania is a bit forgotten by the Devs, indeed.

Main issues I can personally see:
1) If she is not in Razorwing (or spamming CC), she is pretty much dead. And considering she has no Vacuum (or similar effects) while in Razorwing, she can't stay in Razorwing forever, unless scraping the ground whenever an Energy Orb appears, which is just tedious (and dangerous, due to potential collision-damage). But I guess that can also be considered a good thing (in contrast to perpetual Exalted Blade and their ilk)?
2) If you use her 3 first abilities at all, Natural Talent is not optional. The casttimes are simply DREADFUL.
3) Anti-synergy within the kit; You can't cast Spellbind or Tribute on the main enemy affected by Lantern!
4) Costly abilities and a tiny energypool does not work well together, obviously.

There are more, but those are the most annoying, imo.

On to ideas:

Stats

• Energy increased to 150 (225 at level 30), up from 100 (or 150 at level 30).

Spellbind

• Half the casting time.
  • Wherever Titania casts Spellbind, let her gain the selfbuff, and/or allow her to cast the ability centered on herself by holdcasting (refreshable at any time, ofc).
  • Enemies affected by Spellbind who get inside Lantern's attraction-area now strongly float in towards the main Lantern-target.

Tribute

• Half the energycost (25) and half the casting time.
  • When Titania picks up a Tribute-soul, make it grant her double the energy of what it cost to cast the ability! So, at base, that means 50 energy gained per soul picked up. This gives her a way to sustain her Razorwing without needing to leave Razorwing!
    Tribute-souls who are caught by Spellbind's AoE are now automatically "picked up" by Titania, giving you a way to loot the souls from range! She could potentially also be allowed to directly target Tribute-souls with Spellbind, maybe?
  • Auras in general now all have 40 meter effect radius, while Dust's and Full Moon's ally share radius is increased to a 50 meter radius.
  • Aura - Thorns -> Its damage reflection is ALSO now an equal amount of damage negation.
  • Aura - Full Moon -> Now affects her Razorwing's Razorflies, and also increases the armor of affected companions by 50 per stack (thus max 250 armor).
  • Augment idea -> Radiant Tribute: Each time Titania picks up a soul, she and all allies within 50 meter radius (range unmoddable) is healed X amount of health.

Lantern

• Half the casting time, reduced energycost to 50.
  • Now tethers the main target, so it won't float away.
  • Damage taken by the main target is now stored (similar to Mind Control'd units).
  • The DPS-radius increased from abysmal 2.5 meters to 5 meters.
  • Can now cast Tribute on the main Lantern-target.
  • Augment -> Attracted enemies now take 25/50/75/100% more damage taken from ANY damagesource, not just from melee damage.

Razorwing

• Innate vacuum, to alleviate some loot pick frustrations (universal vacuum would solve this as well). This could potentially work with Tribute souls too.
  • Tapping the reload-button redirects your Razorflies to attack the enemy nearest your aiming cursor.
  • Holding the reload-button quickly respawns any lost Razorflies, one by one, albeit at a tiny energycost (3 energy per Razorfly).
  • Razorflies' base damage is reduced to 10/15/20/25 (from 10/24/48/80), but are now affected by melee mods and both contribute and benefit from Titania's melee combo counter!
  • Ability Range now affects the flightspeed of her Razorflies (Or maybe not?).
  • Diwata damage increased to 200 damage at max rank (from 160), critchance increased to 20% (from 5%) and statuschance increased to 20% (from 10%)

Passive

• Would like to add something extra, something tiny, which works for her even while in Razorwing, but can't think of anything right now.

Does all that sound good?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

As we're only in February right now, this isn't 2 years...barely even a year and a quarter. So yeah...new.

Also, how much do you expect DE to work on at once?  

"Give us REWORKS!"
"Give us NEW missions!"
"Give us new Weapons!"
"Give us new Warframes!"
"Give us new Open World maps!"
"Fix bugs!"
"blahblahblah"

DE is only a relatively small staff for what they support, and their focus can only be on so many tasks if you expect those tasks done well.
And given we don't even pay them a fee for all services rendered, it's a miracle they continue to put out all that they do at all!

Just because you're not hearing about it RIGHT NOW doesn't mean changes/updates arent being planned/in the works -at all-.  Just means it's not at the forefront of their priorities...or at least not that they've told you about. 

Unless you're a stockholder in DE, they don't owe you a play-by-play of their plans.   Just relax, be patient.  Have a nice discussion about how we could productively work on altering Titania.  But to imply DE is just being lazy or has "forgotten" her is an unfounded accusation.

First of all, you don't seem to get what I mean: She is UNDERPLAYED as in she is played every now and then, used for only ONE thing: dps from razorwing. That's it. She isn't exactly underplayed, althought it's rare for me to see a titania, even more than limbo. 

Second, DE is only a small staff. So, the community managers work on the design team. The balance team works on community management.

Oh wait, they don't. DE sure isn't such a big company, but they got separate teams for separate issues.

I don't ask for anything NEW, I ask for a PLAYABLE warframe. DE claims they love every warframe the same, yet some get completely ignored.

I'm not accusing DE of being lazy, I'm stating FACTS. You can clearly SEE titania has YET to be mentioned by DE. Whenever they're testing new things on a warframe, they usually mention it on devstream. Yet.... titania hasn't been mentioned, ever. 

That last part of your argument sure is funny. I actually have a good laugh every time someone says this: "Unless you're a stockholder in DE, they don't owe you a play-by-play of their plans.   Just relax, be patient.": I am a client, a f2p client who has actually spent some cash on warframe, and I'm as entitled as any player (who spent or not cash) to give feedback and show my appreciation or criticize DE for their attitude, or lack of it.

I didn't post this thread in general discussion because I wanted to give feedback. if I want to give feedback or ideas for titania I'd do it on the feedback forums. I'm posting it in general discussion to call attention to DE about the current situation titania is in. I'm also posting it here to see if anyone also feels titania is underperforming and requires some changes. 

The title made me laugh on the inside... Then feel deeply sad.

Compare Titania's patch history with Wukong's. She's received several small buffs and a skin of her own. Not to mention the numerous fixes.

Wukong hasn't received anything beyond 4 Conclave tweaks and a minor fix since the end of update 18. June 6th 2016 to be precise. That's before Titania was even released.

On topic though, whilst she may or may not be a mess I don't think she's rarely used at all. I see her fairly often, especially in Eidolon fights. She could certainly use some tweaks sure, but I feel that way about virtually every Warframe.

• Her Tribute buffs are borderline useless, and like someone else mentioned, in anti synergy with the rest of her kit. Most of them are enemy-attacking dependant, but her 1 and 3 makes enemy do the opposite, while also buffing the damage of companions, this is so random and also a little flaw since she can't use companions or sentinels in rathorwing, which again is in anti synergy either making her not use other abilities, or simply making the buff useless. Her other Tribute buffs have little to no impact in this game.

• Her Spellbind could be arguably a decent CC ability, except for the fact that the ragdoll effect on enemies that don't get 1shot (which is the case CC would be needed) is way too strong and annoying to aim at.

• Her Lantern is admitedly in a good spot. A good AoE cc and dmg taunt similar to Octavia's. Which basically renders her 1's utility useless (same case as Trinity's 1 and 4). The downside of this ability, just like her 1, is the ragdolling effect if you shoot the floating target which pushes them away and stops taunting nearby enemies.

• Razorwing is good as it is except it needs innate vacuum. Her augment is not as good as it sounds on paper. Primary weapon fire rate and mods affect her 4, adding more fire rate makes her use her entire clip in no time and spending more time doing nothing while it reloads than actually shooting. Her movement is already clunky as it is while flying unless you're on open areas like PoE (which is apparent the direction this augment was designed for), she takes damage on collision and adding more flight speed just makes this worse, specially when you move faster than gates open.

• Her energy pool is too small for a constant casting warframe with an additional energy draining toggle ability. Together with animation locks, she needs a 'Mag treatment', letting her cast spells while moving (not necessarily shortening the animation time) and increasing her max. energy. Her 4 not having vacuum available makes it a tedious and unnecesary work to maintain it while also casting other abilities to proc her augment on a low energy pool, with potential ground collision damage and making the 'being able to fly' uniqueness pointless if you have to constantly fly above ground limit.

Like someone else said, her kit has no synergy within itself and you end up doing just normal warframe gunplay, so there are better warframes to do that while having more and better utility, so she's not played often. Only people that truly enjoy her aesthetics and don't mind clunky abilities play her, but doesn't seem to be many. I also hope she gets a deluxe skin sooner. c:

Edited by Kiwinille

Stop speaking for "all other players" please.  I for one enjoy the heck out of her.  Not EVERY ability needs to, or even should, work in the same loadout together.  Sometimes you build one way, and sometimes you build another.  I'm fine with that, in all honesty.

I don't mind Archwing flight . I use experimental flight, which works for me, and because I actually practice with it and I don't just whine and moan about how "horrible" Archwing is (it isnt), I actually enjoy the combo of "normal Warframe gunplay" + flying around because I can.

Also, one thing I seldom see factored into these complaint threads (it is), is how frames aren't ALL meant to be self-sufficient.  This is intended to be a CO-OP game.  If one frame lacks in something, your teammates can make up for it.  Teamwork makes the frame work :P

That being said, many of these frames are designed around story/lore moreso than just being for the pure 4th wall breaking point of pleasing murderboners.  So, yeah, not all of their abilities are game-breaking, not all of them will be as effective as other frames...but they stick to the IDEA of the frame, the THEME.

She's queen of the fey...and she plays that way.  If you don't like her, no problem...there's like 30 some-odd frames to choose from.  Go nuts.

I figure she will get a re-visit around here prime access time like most frames do.  I agree with most of the thread on her.  Her 4 is where is at with her other powers well in the shadow of Razorwing.  Like most, I am hard pressed to remember what they do, but I remember them being mostly okay.  The biggest issue I have with her generally is I am always expecting momentum to carry through going into and out of Razorwing when that just isn't the case.  So a quick bullet jump up so save some energy climbing or changing back before landing on the extraction pad are always a little jarring to me if I haven't made use of Titania in a while.  She is my favorite Earth Spy mission frame though.