Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why am I always the squad leader?

(PSN)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

TLDR: I always become the squad leader even if I didn't make a squad. IDK why.

leader or "Host" goes to the one with the best internet connection and hosting abilities for the group.
Just means your net is one of the better.

otherwise if it used someones worse connection, it would lag everyone(or have a few stutters).

Edited by Vesiga

2 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

leader or "Host" goes to the one with the best internet connection and hosting abilities for the group.

Thats maybe how it should be, but clearly isn't.

I have a very good and stable connection, but I often join squads where everyone is complaining about lags, except the host who often claims to have bad connection

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

I have a very good and stable connection, but I often join squads where everyone is complaining about lags, except the host who often claims to have bad connection

Because the session was already created by them. You joined the best or only mission session. I think it's also whoever has the best ping to DE if the group is created before mission loading. So that's no guarantee your ping with leader is the best.

23 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

it does whats best for the squad as a whole. 
Your connection may be bad for the other 2 members while one of them has good connection for everyone but you. 

either way, that's what's supposed to happen, but not every system works perfect :p

oh also what firetempest said, that applies too

Edited by Vesiga

Le 19/02/2018 à 02:25, Vesiga a dit :

Just means your net is one of the better.

otherwise if it used someones worse connection, it would lag everyone(or have a few stutters).

The good joke i have 1000Mbp/s in descent and 150 Mbp/s in montant and the host is always a guys with a bad connection

Edited by Wind_Blade