Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nerf on my nerves

(PSN)Kraterwiesel

First of all. I was in Destiny. Deeply. Then they slowly destroyed the game and our trust constantly changing things until they finally ruined it with D2 trying to put us in a Skinner Box and make us believe that this how the next level of gaming has to look like, worse even: feeding us with senseless goodies that looked like they came out of a toilet. 

But that is not the theme here. On the way to that point where even the most loyal players fled the game, they took away sth. else too. They took the powers they originally gave us and forced us more and more into combat.

I started searching leaving the sinking ship that looked like our Destiny and the Destiny of the contemperary gaming industry. The only alternative was called Warframe. So I started playing. And I achieved things while I started loving the meaningful grind. But sooner or later you want to Berlin achieve things and grind more efficient. 

So I crawled deeper into the cave collecting more and more knowledge that whisperd the same thing: they do it here too. But why. For a while I thought ok. I can feel my powers growing. But from now and then there was news about changes and: nerfes. And yes. The same thing was going on in Warframe. You constantly correct things down 'to balance' whatever, why not the weaker warframes up? And weapons too. And why. Why would you interfere in the way people play? Thats not up to you. You shouldn't do that. And stop power up the enemies while nerfing down the Warframes like in the plains. Many new players have a very long and grindy way in front of them. As a noob you have a goal. And its about power not about more combat or running around. And when it means we press one button to melt all of the enemies at onces then be it. This is what Warframe makes different from the rest. Never ever cut powers. Other games went down that road and payed with their success like Destiny. 

Here's a big difference between Destiny and Warframe. Destiny has loot boxes and never listens to the community. Warframe is 100% f2p and the devs listen to their community. You complain about the balance pass but it says you're a PSN player so you haven't even had it happen to you yet and I can tell you right now nothing got nerfed. Ember's WoF didn't get nerfed it got changed so people have to recast it if they care about their energy, 3 seconds to recast it does not affect it in any bad way. and Chroma's vex armor didnt get nerfed it got fixed and it is still really powerful. and when it came to all the weapons only like 2 weapons got nerfed and it wasn't even that big a nerf. Meanwhile the majority of frames and weapons got a huge improvement.

Simply put, you're a PS4 player, the update isn't even out yet for you, so why complain about a so called "nerf" when it hasn't come to you yet? By the way the if people only cared about stats and not combat or exploring this game would have been dead long ago.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Kraterwiesel said:

Thats not up to you.

That is literally their job to define what you do and what the enemy does. That involves balancing the game. That involves buffing what needs to be more powerful and nerfing things that need to be less powerful.

Bloody YT pumping out garbage leading to everyone and their mother using things like "Skinner box" without actually understanding what it means.

What does a Skinner box have to do with nerfs?

Go make your own bloody game where you don't nerf anything.

2 minutes ago, elcion said:

Huh. Didn't the last patch buff a bunch of stuff?

Chroma got a fix. (Please buff scorn again)
They made banshee a new playstyle and discouraged "doing nothing for kills"
Ember... idk. Can she kill stuff now? Maybe? :bigthinking:

Chroma is still good. Ember is better atm, the only people who call it a "nerf" are the people who just turn on WoF and afk or ignore it once is pressed.

1 minute ago, ApocalypseGiga said:

Chroma is still good. Ember is better atm, the only people who call it a "nerf" are the people who just turn on WoF and afk or ignore it once is pressed.

^ there you go op. The only things that seem like were nerfed is either at an ok spot or is actually better. Pretty much weapons are buffed to neigh space high

Anti nerf threads get on my nerves.

Constant powercreep will one day lead to new weapons 1 shotting level 100's unmodded if left unchecked.

If DE were of the mind of never nerfing player gear the only alternative is to buff enemies.

THAT'S STILL A NERF TO PLAYER POWER. YOUR PROPOSED GAME DESIGN IS SO FLAWED IT'S BEING USED TO MAKE MY PATIO! 

You know... if I had a house of my own... or money.

:clem:

I would say they buff a lot of stuff since I started WF when hydroid prime comes out.

There are nerf, yes. But, IMO, they still listen to some feedback. Like cancelling damage 2.5, buffing gara's ult again (in a way altho not unbreakable), etc2.

The nerf mostly come from players feedback too. Like lots of rant threads about ember killing everything and their mother in lower-levels and banshee is super boring just 4 to farm + annoying in some maps etc. And what they do is they adjust their vision with players feedback and, tada, you got your nerf/buff. Not in a way they did it right in the 1st try IMO (like ash BS before now and current banshee resonance), however, if enough people have the same feeling with you and it doesn't clash directly with their vision, I think they will re-adjust it again (as long as you post in the right section aka feedback of course). My main complaint is something like chroma tho. Too late that people are comfortable with the thing that is not intended to happen in the 1st place. Hopefully, they will rebuff it considering the number of feedback thread.

Even the removal of the raid is in a way a "buff" to arcane accessibility. (also I heard the raid is more like fixed and might come back at a later date when they are ready. but for now, it is going to disappear.)

Regarding the last statement ("Never ever cut powers"), noooo.. please. I don't even find the game fun using tigris or atterax all the time. If something like the WF can do an even more cheezy and takes the fun from another player/s in public q, there is some room to nerf there. I know, people can play solo and some play solo exclusively. But there are some people who wanted to play to feel a bit more social at least in game, especially when early in the game (considering most info for warframe come either from other people in-chat or wiki). 

I would say don't really adjust your "fun" using other people standard tho. If you really2 think that DE is unreasonable and you can't stand it, just uninstall. That works better for your sanity.

(last comment. if you want an example of a game that nerfs a lot, just pick your random MOBA like dota. I know, it is not PvE oriented and not a shooter/grind-fest. But, that is the perfect example of nerf/buff that doesn't take account most player feedback. Mostly statistics and main developer idea to shake meta.)

36 minutes ago, ApocalypseGiga said:

Here's a big difference between Destiny and Warframe. Destiny has loot boxes and never listens to the community.

If you're talking about the cosmetic items I guess you can call them loot boxes lol. But as someone who bought destiny 2(was a bad choice >.>) you can't buy weapons with cash or use cash to buy in-game currency to then buy weapons. Only thing you can buy is purely cosmetic stuff and ghosts that give a small buff to drop rate or xp. But you can also earn this in game as well. Just wanted to clear that up. 

Carry on. 

Also to add on, I think they just have to do a better job at how mobs scale in terms of health and damage. After a certain point the mobs just have a ton of health that you either need to have a super cheesy way to burst them down or a cheesy way to keep them cc so you don't have to worry about incoming damage as much. 

Edited by Badgriuel

Nerf or not, they're all still powerful. There's no such thing as a "weak frame". If they start nerfing major mods for pure damage loss, then we might have an issue, but that's not the case.

Plus the games still in development. It's not even at the release stage yet. Things change during development. You should expect that.

(Also, FYI... these so called "nerfs" haven't even come to console yet so you're literally freaking out over something that hasn't, and probably won't, effect you.)

Edited by (PS4)KingGuy420

5 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Nerf or not, they're all still powerful. There's no such thing as a "weak frame". If they start nerfing major mods for pure damage loss, then we might have an issue, but that's not the case.

Plus the games still in development. It's not even at the release stage yet. Things change during development. You should expect that.

(Also, FYI... these so called "nerfs" haven't even come to console yet so you're literally freaking out over something that hasn't, and probably won't, effect you.)

They'll come in the next patch for you guys, it just has to go through the cert process with Microsoft and Sony. 

The powercreep is already super real as is, imagine if they only buff weapons... yea no. 1-2 years back, a primary that had around 30% status was considered very good. Now it's almost normal. You definitely want to keep a kind of balance even in a PvE game to keep a certain "uniqueness" in weapons. If everything is OP, it's boring.

18 minutes ago, Badgriuel said:

They'll come in the next patch for you guys, it just has to go through the cert process with Microsoft and Sony. 

I know they're coming. That's not quite what I meant. I meant they won't affect him in the sense that he's a relatively new player and probably isn't sortie wiping with Banshee yet, so it's probably not going to impact him in a "let's attack the forums" kinda way lol.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

I know they're coming. That's not quite what I meant. I meant they won't affect him in the sense that he's a relatively new player and probably isn't sortie wiping with Banshee yet, so it's probably not going to impact him in a "let's attack the forums" kinda way lol.

Who brings Banshee to sorties? o.O. Don't think I've seen one yet so far in a sortie lol. 

1 minute ago, Athnamos said:

Well we have people who challenge themselves using fishing spear only on bosses....

Sortie bosses alone or just the regular mission bosses that honestly are meh. And if their in a sortie using only a fishing spear while in a group of randoms then that's pretty messed up since you're just leeching at that point. 

Just now, Badgriuel said:

Sortie bosses alone or just the regular mission bosses that honestly are meh. And if their in a sortie using only a fishing spear while in a group of randoms then that's pretty messed up since you're just leeching at that point. 

Or bunch of bored squad of veteran players who trying something unconventional. To be honest, it's stupidly hilarious.
Then again there are people who are trying to do something outside the meta.