Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma still has 1 ability

Roadle32111

I'm not here to complain about the chroma damage and defence nerf. I'm just concerned about his kit as a whole along with his role. I'll try my best not to compare to rhino in any way.

Right now, chroma isn't tanky anymore, even with a max strength build, he doesn't have any reliable cc at all unless you count status procs. His buffs have terrible range and do not stick to teammates. Worst off, he needs to take damage for it.

Ideally, I'd love for his 1 to switch elements on a hold, a cc related 2,  his old 2 and 3 to combine, and his 4 to have a cost reduction. 

In reality, I'd settle for a short range cc on his 1 and a slight range buff on his 2 and 3. He isn't bad. No one is demanding a full rework right now, but could we at least get a tweak?

2 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

but his 2 does have cc.....

if u go with cold (which most ppl do) u get bullet deflection and cold procs to anything that shoots u.....that's pretty good cc 

I mean not relating to status procs. Something that would work for all the elements.

22 minutes ago, Roadle32111 said:

Ideally, I'd love for his 1 to switch elements on a hold

Same question here as with every rework that has this useless feature as his 1.

When would you ever change elements in a mission? Each element tends towards a slightly different build. Legitimately can't think of a time I ever wanted to.

3 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

When would you ever change elements in a mission? Each element tends towards a slightly different build. Legitimately can't think of a time I ever wanted to.

Perhaps heal with fire, reflect bullets and increase armor with ice, shields and electric static with electric, and reloading with toxin?

5 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

I said it for the sake of variety. They'd never straight up change the ability from the crappy dot, ,we might as well have something to complement it. I just want it to do something other than damage. Maybe you're running toxic and could use a heat proc to stun. It's not game changing by any means but 1st abilities usually aren't.

23 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Perhaps heal with fire, reflect bullets and increase armor with ice, shields and electric static with electric, and reloading with toxin?

someone gets it - without the capability to actually be Chromatic, Chroma will always either by hyper niche or basically pointless in using.

and ofcourse that upcoming Chromatic Gun that CAN change Element while playing - that Gun will literally be more Chromatic than the Warframe on that same theme. 

36 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

As the situation arises that's when you switch elements.

You switch to electric to boost shields for vex armor, after the HP lost switch to fire to heal. Then switch to Ice/Toxin for either tanking or gunplay.

Chroma is the only frame stuck on the archaic system of 1 form.

Vauban can switch between grenades

Equinox can alter between forms

Ivara can cycle her quiver arrows.

Chroma being a 'master' of the elements is a joke as he's limited to only 1 at a time. And even in that aspect he is still behind dedicated elemental frames

well speaking of being chromatic. we could change spectral scream to a shout that opens up pockets of elemental anomalies that will spawn on enemies or within a 30m radius. rather than switching colors for elements Elemental ward should be a affinity range group buff that gives team the effect of all elemental buffs (this will give more use to elemental ward augment. vex armor can stay as is. while his armor did go down he has more armor than frames that arent tanky. not all frames need to be tanky because the ones that arent have strong CC to compensate. while effigy is active it should act just like a specter meaning it will follow you until you command it to stay in one spot by pressing 4 again and should retain all the elemental ward buffs when used. these are just a few changes they could make to make him more chromatic and still keep most of the kit intact and useful.

Edited by EinheriarJudith