Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For those who don't know

ObviousLee

Embolist is... Well.... Hideously, disgustingly, sacrilegiously good now. 

Go corrosive on that bad boy and just watch your troubles melt away. Literally. 

Thanks DE, you did beam weapons the justice they deserved. 

O

Ohhhhhhhh Yea. Phage, my baby, is back to being my primary of choice again. 

Heat viral and corrosive. Yum. 

1 minute ago, Nariala said:

Ahh beam weapons. I wonder how long till they get gutted again for daring to be useful.

No. Don't say that. Never say things like that. We JUST got them to be good again for the first time in several years. Dun take muh babehs

3 minutes ago, DawnFalcon said:

Isn't it still very low amo?

Kinda Yea, but about twenty rounds is now more than enough to melt a 100 corrupted bombards go to nothing. So massive buff. I can show you in the simulacrum if you like

Edited by ObviousLee

Yea, my problem with simulacrum testing is it's mostly damage testing, not mission-sustainability testing.

There's been weapons with great DPS in the past which wee rarely used because you just went out of amo very quickly. (The embolist used to fail both, so hey improvement, but...)

Just now, DawnFalcon said:

Yea, my problem with simulacrum testing is it's mostly damage testing, not mission-sustainability testing.

There's been weapons with great DPS in the past which wee rarely used because you just went out of amo very quickly. (The embolist used to fail both, so hey improvement, but...)

It's my go to secondary for sorties now as well as raids. Pretty much I'm back to being a beam ho. 

2 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

They're still fine. Go test, you'll see. 

When testing on frozen AI enemies in simulacrum, yeah, beam weapons were still fine. But as soon as I made them able to move and come at me in mobs, damage just broke. As soon as a beam starts hitting a different target, the damage resets back to 10% and has to take an extra 1 second to spool back up to 100%.

59 minutes ago, Raspberri said:

When testing on frozen AI enemies in simulacrum, yeah, beam weapons were still fine. But as soon as I made them able to move and come at me in mobs, damage just broke. As soon as a beam starts hitting a different target, the damage resets back to 10% and has to take an extra 1 second to spool back up to 100%.

Nobody said anything about keeping the enemies frozen... 

And It got destroyed by today hotfix .. Every beam weapon in a Mission setting now feels similar to what they were before just because of the "Per Target" thing .. 

I'm all about the ramp UP thing..  But Make it one time .. and not every times you move your crosshair to another target.. 

i destroyed sortie 3 with my atomos before the hotfix.. Tested after the hotfix.. It felt horrible.. Sure in a simulacrum testing the change don't seem that bad.. But in a real mission settings it's just as it was before all these weapons change.. Before the hotfix.. the chaining damage was the same to all target.. Now it's like the non ramped damage except on the main target..  It's kinda the same with the Amprex

Edited by MunsuLight

1 hour ago, BloodForTheBloodGods said:

What's your Phage build? I thought it was pretty subpar to the other beam weapons.

https://imgur.com/a/xBKtP

enjoy

1 hour ago, MunsuLight said:

And It got destroyed by today hotfix .. Every beam weapon in a Mission setting now feels similar to what they were before just because of the "Per Target" thing .. 

I'm all about the ramp UP thing..  But Make it one time .. and not every times you move your crosshair to another target.. 

i destroyed sortie 3 with my atomos before the hotfix.. Tested after the hotfix.. It felt horrible.. Sure in a simulacrum testing the change don't seem that bad.. But in a real mission settings it's just as it was before all these weapons change.. Before the hotfix.. the chaining damage was the same to all target.. Now it's like the non ramped damage except on the main target..  It's kinda the same with the Amprex

I used phage and embolist in today's sorties, and they both performed perfectly well. It's honestly negligible if you're using a halfway decent to baller build. I can imagine it being somewhat punishing if your build is sub-par, but not so much if you're using a good one.

1 hour ago, GinKenshin said:

bruh, the embolist has freaking fantastic even before the buff, it was the best corpus killing wep in the game, period 

and now it's even better!

il y a 39 minutes, ObviousLee a dit :

https://imgur.com/a/xBKtP

enjoy

I used phage and embolist in today's sorties, and they both performed perfectly well. It's honestly negligible if you're using a halfway decent to baller build. I can imagine it being somewhat punishing if your build is sub-par, but not so much if you're using a good one.

and now it's even better!

It's like you are supposing that I use Subpar Build.. That's insulting .. Just take a loot at all the people that complain about today's hotfix and understand that the "fix" is not good..

Like I said both Atomos and Amprex got "rekt" by this new "per target" thing .. Before the changes the chaining damage was consistent on all target.. Now Only the Main Target takes the full "spool" damage.. How is that. .Atomos always worked that everyone got the same damage all around.. Same for the Amprex..

I've tested Ignis Wraith against Lvl 125 Bombard (in the simulacrum) both before and after today's hotfix and the difference is major.. You were destroying and melting the group.. Now you don,t even destroy them.. and when you move your crosshair you are pretty much doomed.. I'm someone who is moving and Jumping a lot when shooting so it completely destroy my playstyle if I can't move the crosshairs.. If I move it, I just lose a lot of the ramp up damage...

Maybe it's not that different for the Embolist or the Phage, I've not tested them..

But it's bad that 1 DAY before a very good change , they already nerf some of the weapons.. Some clanmates that are playing the game since years are saying the change is bad.. Not the Ramp up.. But the Ramp Up "Per target"..  Some streamers already complained about it. 

And yes.. I could have attacked you , like you did, but what is the point.. 

3 hours ago, MunsuLight said:

It's like you are supposing that I use Subpar Build.. That's insulting .. Just take a loot at all the people that complain about today's hotfix and understand that the "fix" is not good..

Like I said both Atomos and Amprex got "rekt" by this new "per target" thing .. Before the changes the chaining damage was consistent on all target.. Now Only the Main Target takes the full "spool" damage.. How is that. .Atomos always worked that everyone got the same damage all around.. Same for the Amprex..

I've tested Ignis Wraith against Lvl 125 Bombard (in the simulacrum) both before and after today's hotfix and the difference is major.. You were destroying and melting the group.. Now you don,t even destroy them.. and when you move your crosshair you are pretty much doomed.. I'm someone who is moving and Jumping a lot when shooting so it completely destroy my playstyle if I can't move the crosshairs.. If I move it, I just lose a lot of the ramp up damage...

Maybe it's not that different for the Embolist or the Phage, I've not tested them..

But it's bad that 1 DAY before a very good change , they already nerf some of the weapons.. Some clanmates that are playing the game since years are saying the change is bad.. Not the Ramp up.. But the Ramp Up "Per target"..  Some streamers already complained about it. 

And yes.. I could have attacked you , like you did, but what is the point.. 

um. I'm one of the people that's been playing the game for years. I say the changes aren't that bad. So that argument is now null.

And i dind't specify YOU, although admittedly I could have clarified. It was more of a generalized statement about builds in general, so apologies for that.

regardless, beam weapons still have massive viability, as they only require a whopping .2 seconds longer on target to reach full damage. Might mean one could idunno...use cc abilities that the game offers in spades? Just spitballing here.

Opposition != personal attack, however this should provide clarification on the matter.

Lots of people adore the zephyr changes. That doesn't make the zephyr changes good. Ad populem(bandwagon fallacy) does not make it so. So, my anecdote vs. your anecdotes=null.

12 hours ago, Nariala said:

Ahh beam weapons. I wonder how long till they get gutted again for daring to be useful.

already did,

and the people in this forum infuriate me,after we finally get these weapons back,they nerf them again,and when people tell them "yo DE i don't my weapon reseting its damage on every singe target!!!"

people here on the forums are like "welll i disagreee okay? thx"

33 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

regardless, beam weapons still have massive viability, as they only require a whopping .2 seconds longer on target to reach full damage. Might mean one could idunno...use cc abilities that the game offers in spades? Just spitballing here.

That's 1 second, not 0.2. A pretty large number in a game as fast-paced as this - especially one where your main survivability mechanic consists of speed and evasion. Every time you bullet jump up to dodge incoming fire and melee strikes, your aim *will* be thrown off. So either you stop shooting or you miss a few hits. Both of these cases are a huge hit to beam weapons in their current state. Honestly, I don't see why the ramp-up mechanic is even necessary. You're saying that it's not so bad and that you can manage with it, but you've missed the more important question of why should you have to in the first place?

Also, interesting that you mention the zephyr changes, since her #3 got a pretty large nerf (it takes twice as long as it used to between pressing 3 and having your wind shield active).

Try single target beam weapons like quanta and synapse after the hotfix yesterday. Ignis and embolist didn't change much because of the aoe, but single target beams losing damage on target switch is a very big nerf.

sure the change isnt big from .8 to 1 second, but it changed from .8 for however long you fire to 1 second per enemy. Imagine you go to kill 8 enemies lined up in a simulacrum. Before, you may have been able to kill them with a clip keeping consistent dps after .8 seconds, but now you need to spend a full 8 seconds just for spool up time on each enemy. It's 10x more time spent. This nerf multiplicative increases with the more enemies you hit.

Edited by Ozent