Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Stop Givng Advice To Developers !

Hitomo

the truth is:

this game will stay as it is for a long time ... mainly thats a money problem

the game is more focused on earning Initial sums from new players wich may not stay long

but will enter the game on a regular basis, then on keeping players over long

periods and providing variation for them ...

also the devs are aware of all the things you, the players see as problems in the game,

they created it that way ... they are trying to make a selfcontaining F2P game that

will also maybe even give profit at the end of the day ... and they succeded

I guess

while I am happy the original darksector concept and assets are playable now,

its more likely this never finished, never fully thought out gameconcept

was resurrected as F2P game simply because taking a lot from

a former canceled project can drasticaly reduce investment 

in the actual F2P game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you want this game to stay unique and somewhat different from the common gameing stuff

you need to leave the devs alone, you need to stop demand things you know from other games

or stuff you think will be cool to see in the game

if you give the devs the sign that they will get the money or just the needed attention from you when

they start to implement what the Players demand ... instead of following their own Vision, they will

just stop to do that

like said, this game will stay as it is for a long time ... thats part of their vision ... you have to decide for yourself if you have fate in the makers and keep your attenmtion here ... or if their vision is not your own version of experiencing fun, joy and challenge

as you could read the most valuable feedback are the numbers that describe wich gamemode is played the most,

and then what is bought the most from the shop ...

we players are here to have fun, to consume ...

if you want to be a creator yourself, you are currently at the wrong side of the fence ...

"I was once asked to provide some advice to a company that at one point had a product that was not only the best in its class, but also technically far ahead of its competition. It created a better way of offering its service, and customers loved it and paid for it.

Then it made a fatal mistake.

It asked its customers what features they wanted to see in the product and then delivered on those features. It seemed like good business: Ask your customers what they want, and then give it to them.

Unfortunately for this company, its competitor didn't ask its customers what they wanted. Instead, the competitor had a vision of doing things differently. As a result, they did it better. Their customers didn't really see the value or need for those features until they saw the product. When they tried it, they loved it.

So what did the company I was working with do when it saw what the competition was doing, despite my admonitions to do otherwise? It repeated its mistake and once again asked its customers what they wanted in the product. Of course the customers responded with features that they now loved from the competitor, while the competitor continued to innovate.

The paradigm has shifted. Innovation had paved the way. The company I was advising? I made them memorize what Alan Kay once said: 'The best way to predict the future is to invent it.'

Consumers aren't sages. They aren't in the business of imagining the next great thing. That's the job of innovators, who don't have a choice. To borrow a phrase from my friend, Gary Shapiro, they either 'innovate or die.' Those who rely on someone else to tell them what the future holds usually find themselves six feet under before they even realize they're in the coffin."

- Mark Cuban

from my experience there are only two F2P games in existents wich are real fledged games,

that only could be brought to the puplc by choosing the F2P model ...

those two games are my most played F2P games on the Internet and I never payed a dime for them,

because they never really demanded it from me ... in opposition to a lot of other F2P games that

only knew how to dissapoint ...

I am still not sure if warframe could become the third game in that list

(obviously not because I already spend Money here ^^)

regards

This thread is very anti-constructive.

All we're doing is giving telling them how we feel and how they can help make us happy since that's what they're trying to do.Even presidents and prime ministers have people who give them advice, you won't get anywhere in this world with your mindset OP.

Yeah, no. We are beta testers, it's our duty to make sure this game gets shaped up into something even resembling a quality product because DE is remarkably over confident and stubborn with every decision they make, even the pants-on-head $&*&*#(%& ones like "lets take away rhino's only currently useable skill".

I don't know about you, OP, but one of the reasons I really like Warframe is precisely because the Devs look to us so much for content ideas. It feels like I can actually help shape the game into something I really want to see and play, and that makes me more comfortable than usual with tossing money at them. (Figuratively, of course.) Normally my spending limit for any F2P game, TOTAL, EVER is $10. That's it. With Warframe I've already spent $25. Not much, I know... but it'll probably go up when I get around to actually using up that platinum. Why? Because the Devs are people I think are worth supporting.

I agree a lot, and disagree also. Customers give feedback to improve, as for suggesting major courses of action they should not.

EX: PvP should not be players decision. 

Ex: If "X" should be nerfed should be players decisions, with a bit of help as it seems like most people want one superior weapon (Acrid)...

Mark Cuban just copied what Ford said generations before him.

$25,000 would be 100 founder packs, and can pay 1 entry level worker for 1 year...

I doubt they'd be making it their flagship title if they were taking a loss on the game.  Or for that matter, I doubt valve would be wasting their time pushing them to make a trading system if they weren't making them some decent money.

Edited by Aggh

By all means, we should definitely give feedback. This is beta, and feedback is essentially what keeps this game running (not including any transactions).

However... how we go about giving this feedback needs to be looked at. Some feedback is ok, but on the other end of the spectrum, a lot of feedback is hate/whining, or both at once.

Feedback need to improve the game, more people - more idea mean more possibilities to the game. Of course not a good way if the all of wants comes dozens of hordes because is demoralizing thing but some people who put money into this game wants more for their money that's a thing. I think if have contructive ideas the devs welcome that and that's not problem the problem is how much want in time. This is a community game and some depend on peoples and on devs too so that's not a wise idea to stop sharing the good ideas and feedback.  They are really good guys and do something for us. Only constructive ideas guys.

Going to agree with Psych here, feedback is good, but people need to carefully think out what their posting. Not that I haven't just shot out feedback on whim once before, but that was the sawblade gun, and that got in(Gotta $&*^wave for this, I'm really damn excited).

Suggestions and feedback are well and good, but focusing on what the OP said, he's right about people trying to get things from other games into this one. This could lead to a loss of the games character and general style, which would really suck as right now its fairly unique.

Additionally, people need to stop shouting others down. There's been good ideas put down by people for no reason. It falls under what was previously stated, "Think about your feedback, don't just go at face value. Read the whole damn post".