Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Sourced: Octavia Augments

[DE]Danielle

Magnetic Beat

load the skill increases the size + 25/50/100% (giving it a bullet attractor)
while reducing its range to 80/70/60% returning to its 100% over time (at the end of its time)

note: I would not like to reduce your range I think it would not be the best, 
since it is a crowd control frame, so I also thought that the damage also decays over time, 
not all but 100% absorbed at 50% when returns to its 100% range

I see an awful lot of Mallet ideas, and while I have one myself (Mallet can stick to allies like Vauban's orbs), I think Resonator or Amp should add more team-wide support as well.

The timed-actions to Octavia's Resonator ability are clunky mid-combat and I see a lot of people avoid her rather than try to chime in.
So, I have 2 separate ideas for Resonator, or Amp, whichever the ideas would be more applicable to:

A) Rather than Allies performing the timed actions, Octavia can perform them instead, since she's the one bopping around to the beat and a lot of players run with her music volume off or too low for others to hear.  Allies within range gain the buff for that specific action.  Adding two or more Resonator buffs to teammates gives them a health regen or better energy efficiency for the duration of the last buff applied.

B) Standing within range of (Amp/Resonator) extends its range and increases its "volume", boosting Octavia's stats even further and granting a Morale boost effect of (extra damage/shields/health/energy efficiency/etc)

Overall I just want to see her have more of an impact on support, especially given her lore that her music was the coordination for the Tenno.

FULz30z.png

Dazzling Beams - Resonator Augment

- Resonator emits laser beams that blind or deal damage to enemies out of it's charm range

• - The range is double the size of the charm range
  • - Will not affect enemies within the charm range
  • - Beams emission synced to the music
  • - Beam damage is half of the original ability
  • - Blinded enemies take increased damage from all sources
  • - Blind only lasts for a short duration (1 - 2 secs at base)
  • - Enemies affected with the blind will not receive the debuff again while still affected. ( Enemies will also have a very short period before it can be affected with blind again )

I have waited for this opportunity, and want to introduce :

Improvisation (Amp augment) :

Firstmost, it adds 4th separate section to mandachord - variation.

Variation will be a bit edited melody section that will offer more notes and greater duration and will be represented as a separate line track.

When Amp is cast, the Variation start playing while bass, percussion and melody are muted and other abilities are temporarily frozen. Each pulse of Variation heals allies and damages enemies in range, and the more enemies are inside range, the stronger heal/damage becomes.

After performing special Variation track, all sounds return back to normal, Amp is set on cooldown, and Octavia gains damage reduction buff depending on amount of enemies died while Variation played. (the post-variation buff is a subject to change)

Variation section's max length should be somewhere between 10 and 20 seconds, while cooldown will be atleast 1,5-2 durations of Variation track. (Lets keep those numbers up to DE)

In the end, i must say that my suggestion is very unusual, maybe a bit radical change that is harder to implement than other augments, but thats how i imagine how to make Octavia funnier to play - less ability spam, more survivability and more mandachord!

P.S. : this idea is still somewhat raw, and my knowledge of english may not be fluent enough to accurately represent what i would like to suggest - ask questions if you do not understand specific parts of my suggestion :smile:

Mallet Augment

Mallet becomes a channeled ability for 15 EPS{Energy Per Second} but deals 25% extra damage for every ally inside Mallet's range.

-Just though this would be a neat way to prevent drop and forget on Octavia's Mallet ability but still reward for using it.

Edited by Aweberon
mixed up the abilities name

Extended Version -  Metronome augment

As long as there is an active buff, when reactivating the same buff it adds 50 / 60 / 75% of its duration to the total duration of said buff.

As Perpetual Vortex but with a smaller top duration. Maybe 60s or 90s

As a possibility, it could add the next mechanic:

When you miss a bit you won't lose counter percentage, will add the same percentage but in a negative counter. When that counter becomes 100% you will lose the 50 / 60 / 75% of the total duration. (The negative counter will left when Metronome finish) 

Mallet: The mallet not longer hits enemies. Instead, give the 1.25/1.50/1.75 damage that normally deal as a buff to you and your allies.

It could be like Mesa's ballistic battery and be discharged in every shot (or melee atack) or only be discharged when you hit an enemy.

Honestly, I'd like to see an augment mod for her Passive.

1hzMvJJFNw0AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

I went with 9 because there were 9 muses in Greek Mythology. 85% is also somewhat a reference to that :P Still not sure about the name though xD  Maybe Recurring Muse instead?

The numbers can definitely be tweaked, but the general idea is to give players a choice beyond Harrow and Trinity for real energy support in a way that functions differently from them. The total amount of energy this would restore would be about 5.12 energy per second which could theoretically be kept up  100% of the time. It would take a little bit of time to build up to this point, and it can't directly compare to Harrow or Trinity, but it is at least enough energy to be worthwhile.

I was thinking of the possibility of reducing the maximum duration of Inspiration by 1 second per stack as well, however I'm not sure whether that would be necessary and it would make the description on the card even longer.

I know Passive augments haven't really been done before, but it's an interesting thought at least, isn't it?

Metronome Augment:

Sets Metronome to a single buff type that is based on her energy color.
Can be setup based on how Chroma has his energy colors.
    - Cold colors = Movement buff (Vivace)
    - Electric colors = Stealth buff (Nocturne)
    - Fire colors = Multishot buff (Opera)
    - Toxic colors = Melee buff (Forte)

Which now allows for whichever buff type to be obtained by one of the methods below, a choice for the Devs to of course make.
    1. Buff is applied on cast
    2. Buff is obtained through any of the four methods. Jump, Crouch, Fire, Melee.
    3. Buff is obtained by its original method based on which buff is it. (IE. Blue color = Movement buff, only jumping will grant the buff, nothing else)

And as a possible incentive to sacrifice three buffs for one. Could either.. set the duration of that single buff to 1.2x - 1.5x its original time or keep it at its based 1.0x if its applied on cast.

Edited by Chihuly

jIcVFrk.png

With this Augment the Mallet can be made effective against any Faction. 

Do Blast Damage on the Mallet and Enemies will be continuously under a Blast Proc -> CC- Effect

Corpus Units? Do Gas Damage on it and they should be no problem :D

Same counts for Grineer. Just do Corrosive Damge on the Mallet to kill them or stripping their armor.

As Compensation the Damage Multiplier could be reduced or the overall Damage.

Or it cant be picked up by he roller anymore.

Morendo Melody ("dying melody") for Amp skill:

• The playback speed of your mandachord song is increased (5/10/20%, faster tempo means more damage shots) and the decibel level is also increased (5/10/15%, less increase because this is what does the damage).
  • Additionally, should Octavia die with this skill active a soundwave sweeps over an area (either the room of the map or a set distance) to heal (25/50/75 hp) and extend (by 5/7/10 sec) {and/or increase} the damage buff bestowed by Amp.
  • No change to mallet boosts, if anything maybe a slight reduction? so 1.5x to damage and range instead of 2x.

Just a thought. All percentages or numbers are changeable, these were just some easy insert ones for examples. Could also be that the closer you are to death the faster the playback speed gets (based on % of hp left on your Octavia) rather than set values for it.

(Resonator Augment) Radio-active:

Octavia's roller-ball no longer charms. Instead, it pulses with waves of radiation. Applying a radiation Radiation b proc and radiation damage of 25 / 50 / 75 / 125 (with each pulse) to nearby enemies as it passes by with a maximum range of 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters, depending on how many enemies afflicted by radiation.

When the roller-ball is carrying Octavia's Mallet, damage dealt between irradiated enemies (enemies attacking each other) will increase the damage of said Mallet.

Echoing Resonator:

This enrages enemies near it, instead of pacifying enemies, this will make them attack aggressively against the resonator

They'll chase the resonator, like if charmed, but it also now circles around the mallet, diverting the extra attention to the mallet when close

Okay! Here's my idea:

Chronograph (Metronome Augment)
Each quarter of the song changes the buff you receive after killing an enemy.
(1st Quarter, kills grant vivace
2nd Quarter, kills grant forte, and so on.)

Killing an enemy will grant the buff at it's full base duration. (20s)
Kills afterwards add a few seconds to the duration.

If an ally kills an enemy, it adds half to the duration bonus.
(If the bonus duration added is 3 seconds, allies can contribute and it will add 1.5 seconds instead.)

Buffs for each quarter can be set in the mandachord screen.

As for the bonus time added to the buff, Max rank would be 3 seconds, and unranked would be 0.5 seconds.

I hope this is okay, hahahah
Good luck to everyone!

Edited by SaikuronTheFox
Forgot to specify what ability it was for, sorry!