Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nova and eidolons

lulialmir

I believe that it's not affected by Warframe abilities so sadly, no Nova won't work.  As much as it pains me to say. Anti-Matter Drop might work but at the rate some people can bring down the Teralyst, it might be too late once the drop reaches the Eidolon.

Edited by kontradictions

You mean the Antimatter Drop? 

I have no idea. but as i can store up to 50k rad dmg, it could do a pretty good nuke.

But i doubt that no-one tried it already. i think it just does not collide well cause of the S#&$ty eidolon's hitboxes 

2 minutes ago, kontradictions said:

I believe that it's not affected by Warframe abilities so sadly, no Nova won't work.  As much as it pains me to say. Anti-Matter Drop might work but at the rate some people can bring down the Teralyst, it might be too late once the drop reaches the Eidolon.

if abilities doesn't work on eidolons, why for example, titania's razorwing ability does? (i dont remember its name)

Just now, lulialmir said:

if abilities doesn't work on eidolons, why for example, titania's razorwing ability does? (i dont remember its name)

That's because Razor wing affects your Warframe and your weapons; much like Rhinos roar ability. Abilities that directly target the Eidolons wont work (eg: Energy Vampire, M-Prime, etc).

2 minutes ago, lulialmir said:

because its not a power per se but actually projectiles from her pistols or her blade.

Yeah, the eidolons appear to be almost completely immune to debuffs (I believe some auras, Shattering Impact, and the Kavat Swipe still affect them) and status effects, so only powers that affect your frame or your allies are useful. 

3 hours ago, lulialmir said:

so, would she be a good eidolon hunter, because of this?

Nova does a lot of things well: massive AoE damage with Antimatter drop, easy fast-travel for the whole team with Wormhole and Molecular Prime is one of the best CCs in the game, but Eidolon hunting is where she falls short as direct damage doesn't affect sentient, whereas buffed weapon/Amp damage does so the emphasis is on buffer frames and healers for keeping Lures alive. the f4rames one would normally see on an Eidolon Hunt are:

Chroma - Scorn buff for team weapons

Harrow - Crit buff for weapons / invul during Energy Spike phase.

Oberon - team/lure healing, resistance to Energy Spike.

Rhino - Team weapon buffing

Trinity - lure/team healing, resistance to Energy Spike

Volt - uses Shields to buff Amp Damage.

Nova doesn't really fit into these roles, I'd say the Best a Nova can do is slow down Vomvalysts with Molecular Prime so team members can kill them faster and lures can eat them quicker, and maybe use Wormhole to reach the Eidolon if it teleports (though if your strategy is good and you have Charged Lures, he shouldn't teleport anyway).