The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anniversary Rewards

Gulftown

It's extremely boring and unrewarding feeling to log in annually knowing the rewards are the same. You seriously need to implement further rewards for player who have kept faith in you for all these years. It's disappointing there isn't anything cool for veteran players. You're literally giving any new player exactly the same stuff you've given to those of us who have supported you for close to five years.

It's a lifelong tradition in ORPGs to reward loyalty.

2 minutes ago, SCDP said:

It's extremely boring and unrewarding feeling to log in annually knowing the rewards are the same. You seriously need to implement further rewards for player who have kept faith in you for all these years. It's disappointing there isn't anything cool for veteran players. You're literally giving any new player exactly the same stuff you've given to those of us who have supported you for close to five years.

It's a lifelong tradition in ORPGs to reward loyalty.

There's a new item every year.

And log in rewards probably count towards loyalty? Also, people don't appreciate exclusives. It is nice for new players to be able to play with the same stuff as everyone else.

As it was already said...There's "literary" a new "free" Dex item every year, and a bunch of "free" weapon slots for those that already have the previous stuff. Seriously man, what are you complaining about? They could have just given you a forma pack and call it a day, instead of designing a bunch of cool and useful weapons and accessories. 

9 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

And log in rewards probably count towards loyalty? Also, people don't appreciate exclusives. It is nice for new players to be able to play with the same stuff as everyone else.

Nothing more to say -.-

2 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

This ^

I have a friend who has been playing for two and a half years and hasn't spent $1 on the game. The rewards should be beautifully mediocre for the mass of paying AND free players. Those that pay like me don't deserve any more than what we paid for.

And as for login rewards which should count, even though they are going to update so you can pick your next reward. A veteran player who consistently logs in with 800+ days will always have 800+ days of rewards over a player that starts today. They will have 1600 days by the time the newer players catch up - which it would be impossible to catch up. The veteran player will always have the new reward for 50 days before anyone else can pick it I would assume.

Getting 3 free slots (=18 plat total) every year is already quite nice. I personnaly got 8 slots total in addition to the 5 items, which means an economy of 48 plat (66 next year, then 84, and so on). 

DE is already kind enough to give ALL the anniversary exclusives every year instead of giving only the new one, so I don't see how being fair with beginners is a problem.

And to be honest, one of the reasons why I continued playing Warframe even with the S#&$tiest PC ever is because I started 3 years ago and received the Dex Furis and Dakra on my very first day. I was lucky enough to play during the anniversary week and I've seen, during my 3 years on this game, many players who were extremely upset because they missed everything by a couple days only. Now imagine that they would have missed something completely unique (ex: Lato Vandal or something) like that. Could you then imagine how frustrating it would be?

@OP, Well said my friend. Well said.

It's quite sad to see Warframe and its developers neglect us, the loyal veterans, with every single opportunity they find. I completely understand how you feel, and fully share and support your concern. I, too, derive a superficial sense of self-worth from my virtual achievements, and evaluate myself as a human being solely based on the unique or exclusive items I've amassed over the years in an entertainment medium that was originally only intended as a healthy pastime. It truly burns a hole through my soul every time I see some nobody who didn't even know this game existed half a year ago, running around with my favorite gun, or my most prestigious syandana.

How can Digital Extremes dare allow something like this? It's as if they actually are under the pathetic delusion that these worthless newcomers actually matter, or deserve to have fun in this game. This game that us, the veterans, built from scratch. We put our blood, sweat and tears into making this game what it is today. So many sleepless nights. So many restless days, weeks, months and years. We've earned all those exclusives. We've worked hard for them. Those worthless newcomes surely don't deserve it. They come to this place, and they expect to be allowed access to everything the game in its current form has to offer? Their entitlement is disgusting.

Every single time DE lets new players have an item that's already been in the game for two years before they joined, is a spit in the face of all us veterans who had to play for three years before that item was even added. We've been here long enough to know the true value of those items, those are the item we played three whole damn years before we got. No one who joined after us would appreciate those exclusives. No one who joined after us should ever get those exclusives. They don't even know how to use it. Handing them those items on a silver platter only and solely takes away its exclusivity and its significance. It's just an insult to us veterans. Us, the dedicated veterans are what makes this game what it is, not the on-and-offers, not DE, and most certainly not the hordes and hordes of new players whom at this point outnumber us ten thousand to one. This is our game and it should be centered around us.

Literally every game that's been running for more than a year, is kept alive only by the veterans who have been with it since the start. Any player joining past the first year of any game's lifecycle holds absolutely no significance or importance. That's the only reason I play Warframe - I missed my chance at being a first-gen dota player, so I came here, I dedicated my life to this place, I farmed everything, I pranced around relays with my beta, anniversary and login exclusives, and pleasured myself furiously and relentlessly at the thought of the envy in the eyes of all those single-digit-MRs and their jaws dropping in astonishment and admiration as I indifferently walk past them and their disgusting existence... But DE keeps ruining, DEstroying, the value of everything we hold dear in this game, everything that gives this game meaning. They let those filthy newcomers indulge in what's ours, and they dare consider anyone but us when they make decisions for future of this game.

There's absolutely no point in dedicating years of one's life to a videogame if there's no e-peen to be earned. There's absolutely no point in a mutliplayer videogame if it doesn't make me feel like the special little snowflake I truly and rightfully am. So what's the point of playing Warframe now? Any passerby joining at this very moment will be able to get what I didn't have until my 4th year of playing. So what's the @#$&%ing point of playing Warframe now? Nothing. Absolutely @#$&%ing nothing.

And that's why this game is going to die a slow and painful death. And that's why I'm not gonna stick around to watch it sink. Wish I could've said to everyone else, "Enjoy it while it lasts", but there's utterly nothing left to enjoy.

@#$&% this place.

@#$&% this rotting carcass of a game.

I'm done.

I quit.

Everyone else can @#$&% off too.

P.S: I was bored.

19 hours ago, aerelm said:

@OP, Well said my friend. Well said.

It's quite sad to see Warframe and its developers neglect us, the loyal veterans, with every single opportunity they find. I completely understand how you feel, and fully share and support your concern. I, too, derive a superficial sense of self-worth from my virtual achievements, and evaluate myself as a human being solely based on the unique or exclusive items I've amassed over the years in an entertainment medium that was originally only intended as a healthy pastime. It truly burns a hole through my soul every time I see some nobody who didn't even know this game existed half a year ago, running around with my favorite gun, or my most prestigious syandana.

How can Digital Extremes dare allow something like this? It's as if they actually are under the pathetic delusion that these worthless newcomers actually matter, or deserve to have fun in this game. This game that us, the veterans, built from scratch. We put our blood, sweat and tears into making this game what it is today. So many sleepless nights. So many restless days, weeks, months and years. We've earned all those exclusives. We've worked hard for them. Those worthless newcomes surely don't deserve it. They come to this place, and they expect to be allowed access to everything the game in its current form has to offer? Their entitlement is disgusting.

Every single time DE lets new players have an item that's already been in the game for two years before they joined, is a spit in the face of all us veterans who had to play for three years before that item was even added. We've been here long enough to know the true value of those items, those are the item we played three whole damn years before we got. No one who joined after us would appreciate those exclusives. No one who joined after us should ever get those exclusives. They don't even know how to use it. Handing them those items on a silver platter only and solely takes away its exclusivity and its significance. It's just an insult to us veterans. Us, the dedicated veterans are what makes this game what it is, not the on-and-offers, not DE, and most certainly not the hordes and hordes of new players whom at this point outnumber us ten thousand to one. This is our game and it should be centered around us.

Literally every game that's been running for more than a year, is kept alive only by the veterans who have been with it since the start. Any player joining past the first year of any game's lifecycle holds absolutely no significance or importance. That's the only reason I play Warframe - I missed my chance at being a first-gen dota player, so I came here, I dedicated my life to this place, I farmed everything, I pranced around relays with my beta, anniversary and login exclusives, and pleasured myself furiously and relentlessly at the thought of the envy in the eyes of all those single-digit-MRs and their jaws dropping in astonishment and admiration as I indifferently walk past them and their disgusting existence... But DE keeps ruining, DEstroying, the value of everything we hold dear in this game, everything that gives this game meaning. They let those filthy newcomers indulge in what's ours, and they dare consider anyone but us when they make decisions for future of this game.

There's absolutely no point in dedicating years of one's life to a videogame if there's no e-peen to be earned. There's absolutely no point in a mutliplayer videogame if it doesn't make me feel like the special little snowflake I truly and rightfully am. So what's the point of playing Warframe now? Any passerby joining at this very moment will be able to get what I didn't have until my 4th year of playing. So what's the @#$&%ing point of playing Warframe now? Nothing. Absolutely @#$&%ing nothing.

And that's why this game is going to die a slow and painful death. And that's why I'm not gonna stick around to watch it sink. Wish I could've said to everyone else, "Enjoy it while it lasts", but there's utterly nothing left to enjoy.

@#$&% this place.

@#$&% this rotting carcass of a game.

I'm done.

I quit.

Everyone else can @#$&% off too.

P.S: I was bored.

ff1.png