Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You need to remove or fix the AFK reward remover

UltraGuyver

2 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Why is that broken.  If you've used up all your revives, it should be a mission failure.  You're dead.

Because he played in a squad it was a team effort, and it was intentionally made part of the game that your squad could continue the mission and you would still get rewarded.  If DE did not want dead people in squads to get the mission reward, they could have canned that years ago.

5 hours ago, aswitz87 said:

All you saying what the OP should and shouldn’t do missed the entire point. An afk system that does not account for using up all revives (something that is very easy to track for the system) is a broken afk system.

4 hours ago, Oreades said:

Yeah the Inactivity timer can really be wonky. I once got no reward because I was in Operator mode and it apparently only tracks the movement of the Warframe which in that instance was essentially stood in a corner for like 15 waves of Hydron. The whole reason I was there was to level up my amp. On the final reward screen it just tossed up Ineligible due to Inactivity for every wave.

Sure I was running around like crazy and was like 33% of our overall damage but clearly I was also somehow inactive.....

My guess would be it was yesterdays Sortie Kela and it flagged the Sortie as being complete because the rest of the team killed her eventually.

These are perfect examples of why it needs to be either fixed or removed. It doesn't track things besides movement and mouseclicks. If it tracked damage done, revives used, your operator form stuff, etc. and weighed them with the current things, it would definitely be better. But even then it can still screw up some other way. Honestly this should all be considered testing of the system and it should finally be redone or removed. That's the issue of this topic and I wish people would stick to it instead of "If you were solo you would've lost anyway, so QQ." which is not the topic.

Your team let you down, and you paid the price. While I understand your pain, I believe that the afk reward remover is working as intended here. You died. Completely. Sure, your team won, but they won without you. It sucks, but it happens

My advice: if you end up in a similar situation, then save a revive until the boss is dead. Then revive and evac, securing your loot

Personally, though, I would rather just stick to playing with friends or running solo. Although I also save myself the stress of not touching half the sortie assassinations I see...

What would you suggest to improve it?

Removal is impossible.

Removal means anyone who feels like it can just stand at spawn or play to a point when teammates would not want to quit due to prevailing rewards and then just find a spot to chill.

Even if DE adds in another condition to consider revives, it will just mean anyone can purposely get themselves killed till they run out of revives and just go watch netflix before coming back to claim the rewards. They can even play a bit so that the stats make it seem like they did do something but died instead.

So, what would you suggest be added or modified to make it better?

11 hours ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Some player may play dead thats why its in like that.

true but if it shows the OP did in fact do a great deal of the damage, ran through revives, and was failed to be rezzed after his last life then the afk timer should count to them and thus should rewarded for his actions. if youve reached a threshold in damage gauging from 10, 20, 30, etc then after a certain point the system for afk shouldnt count to you once youve done a certain amount as you proved you were there.

sorry but if facts are correct for the OP then i agee that the system is broken and they were screwed out of a reward. 

12 hours ago, UltraGuyver said:

That's the issue of this topic and I wish people would stick to it instead of "If you were solo you would've lost anyway, so QQ." which is not the topic.

That is part of the topic.  You lost all your revives.  You failed the mission.

ETA:  You're dismissive of your team and their performance BTW, which isn't helping your case.  You dismiss their efforts, but then you want to ride their coattails to the win?  You can't have it both ways.  Maybe they were not doing as much damage as you were (maybe they were, since you only got 20% at the end by your own account) because they were staying alive?

14 hours ago, aswitz87 said:

Because he played in a squad it was a team effort, and it was intentionally made part of the game that your squad could continue the mission and you would still get rewarded.  If DE did not want dead people in squads to get the mission reward, they could have canned that years ago.

I bolded the part that I think is a good argument.  Has DE specifically stated this?  If it is DE's intent that people who use up all their revives should get the rewards, then sure, this sounds like a bug or bad implementation.  Do we know that is DE's intent though?

Edited a second time to add this:

After further thought, another argument could be made that the AFK timer could lead to host migrations, if hosts realize they will be AFK'd and decide to leave instead of sitting there and waiting for the end of the match for no reward.  This is another good argument, IMO, for allowing people to keep their rewards.

The idea of taking damage or kills into account doesn't sit right with me though, for 2 reasons.  1.  Someone could be helping the team, but playing a support role and not doing enough damage to trip the threshold to avoid AFK.  2.  The forums were pretty much agreed that when people got tripped as AFK while playing RQ Banshee, that it was legitimate.  A threshold system that takes into account damage dealt would allow an RQ Banshee to not get tagged as AFK (although, this raises other questions, but I'll leave those aside).

I did have an idea that when the AFK timer was tripped, it could ask the player, "Are you AFK?" and then would ask for a random series of buttons.  The player would respond with that random sequence and it would cause the AFK timer to reset.  This would, hopefully, allow people to show they are not AFK, while also keeping actual AFK members from fooling the timer and setting up a macro that would reset the AFK timer.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt

10 hours ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

What would you suggest to improve it?

Removal is impossible.

Removal means anyone who feels like it can just stand at spawn or play to a point when teammates would not want to quit due to prevailing rewards and then just find a spot to chill.

Even if DE adds in another condition to consider revives, it will just mean anyone can purposely get themselves killed till they run out of revives and just go watch netflix before coming back to claim the rewards. They can even play a bit so that the stats make it seem like they did do something but died instead.

So, what would you suggest be added or modified to make it better?

It really doesn't matter, because if people really want to, they can do as I said before and just fire at enemies a couple times and walk around. They don't have to even do 2% of damage, just fire every once and a while. So it's not like it's stopping anyone.

To make it better? Again, I already stated it.

13 hours ago, UltraGuyver said:

It doesn't track things besides movement and mouseclicks. If it tracked damage done, revives used, your operator form stuff, etc. and weighed them with the current things, it would definitely be better.

You can add an easy Grineer/Corpus lock on-screen if it suspects you're AFK even. None of this will stop people from AFK'ing which is why the system is outright flawed.

Honestly R3d P01nt if you came to argue with me, I'm not replying to it. And ETA doesn't mean what you think it means.

hace 20 minutos, UltraGuyver dijo:

It really doesn't matter, because if people really want to, they can do as I said before and just fire at enemies a couple times and walk around. They don't have to even do 2% of damage, just fire every once and a while. So it's not like it's stopping anyone.

To make it better? Again, I already stated it.

You can add an easy Grineer/Corpus lock on-screen if it suspects you're AFK even. None of this will stop people from AFK'ing which is why the system is outright flawed.

Honestly R3d P01nt if you came to argue with me, I'm not replying to it. And ETA doesn't mean what you think it means.

An easiest solution to the problem will be that you improve so you dont dead 5 times (its pretty sad) instead of asking for DE  to charge the system . You cry about your team but you were the one that didnt know how to do it right O.o .

Edited by Yagamilight123

Another person that doesn't read any of the thread, just that one line they choose to read. Typical. So these reasons below are wrong and the system is fine then?

18 hours ago, Oreades said:

Yeah the Inactivity timer can really be wonky. I once got no reward because I was in Operator mode and it apparently only tracks the movement of the Warframe which in that instance was essentially stood in a corner for like 15 waves of Hydron. The whole reason I was there was to level up my amp. On the final reward screen it just tossed up Ineligible due to Inactivity for every wave.

Sure I was running around like crazy and was like 33% of our overall damage but clearly I was also somehow inactive.....

15 hours ago, aswitz87 said:

17 hours ago, WhiteCr0w said:

Really?

Because the squad succeeded. He played in a squad. One of the many points of playing together is to help others in missions. They succeeded. The fact he died, and NOT being AFK, shouldn't render him rewardless at the end of the mission. The AFK system didn't perform as it should have.

Why does this have to be spelled out here? As I mentioned, reading comprehension.

1 hour ago, UltraGuyver said:

Another person that doesn't read any of the thread, just that one line they choose to read. Typical. So these reasons below are wrong and the system is fine then?

The system is not fine. But it has to be this way. In an ideal world, they'd make a new system that took damage caused, number of kills, etc into account. But yeah, I think fine tuning the anti AFK system isn't that high on DE's list of priorities.

It is better to have this system, than not have any at all. That means that occasionally someone will be in your situation and get punished even though they were innocent. If that had been a legal system in a court of law, that would not be acceptable. But, you know, it's a videogame, so I really can't get riled up about it. You wasted 10 minutes of your life. I have a feeling you'll manage...

12 minutes ago, rune_me said:

The system is not fine. But it has to be this way. In an ideal world, they'd make a new system that took damage caused, number of kills, etc into account. But yeah, I think fine tuning the anti AFK system isn't that high on DE's list of priorities.

It is better to have this system, than not have any at all. That means that occasionally someone will be in your situation and get punished even though they were innocent. If that had been a legal system in a court of law, that would not be acceptable. But, you know, it's a videogame, so I really can't get riled up about it. You wasted 10 minutes of your life. I have a feeling you'll manage...

Until trolls realize this and intentionally let someone run out of revives in an endless, then continue playing long enough so that the dead guy (or guys) gets logged as AFK and gets nothing for their 2 hours of play.

25 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

Until trolls realize this and intentionally let someone run out of revives in an endless, then continue playing long enough so that the dead guy (or guys) gets logged as AFK and gets nothing for their 2 hours of play.

I don't see that as ever happening, though. If you play a 2 hour long mission, you do it with friends or someone from your clan and you've agreed beforehand to play for a long time. Public missions rarely last even 15 minutes because everyone wants to get out by then.

I've heard of it happening before and I have myself done several hour long survivals and defenses with randoms, mainly back when T4 void was a thing. So it does happen. And it's not about wasting 10 minutes of my life; it's about realizing exactly how broken the system in place is. What with the operator not counting which I do myself play as solely operator myself sometimes (because lvl 40 and under is a joke) and as Oreadas pointed out, now I have to worry about the AFK timer on that too, which is bogus.

So yes, it needs a change.

Edited by UltraGuyver

8 minutes ago, UltraGuyver said:

I've heard of it happening before and I have myself done several hour long survivals and defenses with randoms, mainly back when T4 void was a thing. So it does happen. And it's not about wasting 10 minutes of my life; it's about realizing exactly how broken the system in place is. What with the operator not counting which I do myself play as solely operator myself sometimes (because lvl 40 and under is a joke) and as Oreadas pointed out, now I have to worry about the AFK timer on that too, which is bogus.

So yes, it needs a change.

Not saying it shouldn't be changed. Just saying, you shouldn't hold your breath for it to happen.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:55 AM, UltraGuyver said:

ETA = Edited To Add.  I'm using it properly.

I also came up with a way to implement the AFK timer that would have helped you along with arguments for keeping people in your position from tripping it.  Clearly, I'm only here for a fight.  Get over yourself.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Just so you know for future reference.  ETA also means Estimated Time of Arrival.  

Yes, I'm well aware of that.  Used in the context of a forum, it's a well-known acronym for Edited To Add.  It's been that way for about a couple decades AFAIK.