Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You need to remove or fix the AFK reward remover

UltraGuyver

I did almost all the damage to lvl 100 Kela De Thaym as Ash, but my team wouldn't revive me. Eventually I ran out of all of my revives and ended up waiting another 10 minutes for the team to finish her remaining 10% or so HP. Lo and behold at the end, I get no reward at all. So I ended up wasting a good 20-30 minutes and couldn't redo it anyway. Please fix or remove this broken system, it doesn't take into account that you used up all your revives and did more than 20% of total damage on the team (apparently killing rollers gives far more damage %). It's severely aggravating in cases such as this. 

14 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Why couldn't you redo it and try to stay alive the next time?

Cause he DID do the work and shouldn't have to spend all of his time doing it again?

That being said, since it's kela it really isnt that bad.
step 1: solo is life, other people suck
step 2: ev trin 1 hits her every stage
step 3: profit

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

Cause he DID do the work and shouldn't have to spend all of his time doing it again?

If they had soloed and lost all their revives, then it would have been mission over anyway.

And, wait, EV Trin 1 hits every stage now?  When did that change?  She used to need more and more hits as the stages progressed - at least at sortie level.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
Typo

17 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

If they had soloed and lost all their revives, then it would have been mission over anyway.

And, wait, EV Trin 1 hits every stage now?  When did that change?  She used to need more and more hits as the stages progressed - at least at sortie level.

Well i presume their teammates got them killed, it's not hard to survive kela. run in a circle.
and it'd been like that for a while... that's always how i've done kela sorties.

Just now, tarfeef101 said:

Well i presume their teammates got them killed, it's not hard to survive kela. run in a circle.

Yeah, but when in a team, everyone runs around in a circle, so if you happen to run into the blast of the aerial bombardment because it was targeting a teammate who was running in front of you, it's not really their fault, is it?  Much better to go into Operator and stay in ghost form.

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

and it'd been like that for a while... that's always how i've done kela sorties.

Interesting.  Whenever I've run Trin in a Kela sortie, it's always taken multiple hits after the first encounter.  I always figured it was due to the diminishing returns on EV.  If the sortie were still available, I would try it again and take a vid.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Yeah, but when in a team, everyone runs around in a circle, so if you happen to run into the blast of the aerial bombardment because it was targeting a teammate who was running in front of you, it's not really their fault, is it?  Much better to go into Operator and stay in ghost form.

Interesting.  Whenever I've run Trin in a Kela sortie, it's always taken multiple hits after the first encounter.  I always figured it was due to the diminishing returns on EV.  If the sortie were still available, I would try it again and take a vid.

Run in the same direction, and don't be right in front of a teammate. Not hard, but people don't really think much in pubs I find. hence why i almost never play pubs

54 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Because we started it about 10 minutes before the sortie was over. (11:50 est approx.) 

38 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Sure, but that's exactly why I didn't solo it, because as mentioned above, I didn't have much time to do it incase of failure.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Some player may play dead thats why its in like that.

Well yeah obviously, but I think the system does more harm than good. Sure people are bound to try and leech off the team once in awhile, but to remove the rewards of people that used all their revives while doing their fair share of stuff for the mission or maybe they had to walk away for real life reasons, they still deserve the credit. And to remove those rewards for what? To punish the few leeches every so often? I don't find the system a fair trade there.

21 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

Yeah, its even easier to survive with the operator invincibility, but when you're dashing around to revive teammates that don't know how to hit 5 for some reason and having a trinity on the team that isn't using 2 for god-knows-why-not, it runs out and reviving is really dangerous. The point is, do you risk reviving teammates or live to eventually solo anyway?

I still think the system is pointless ever since it was implemented. All it does is punish players that deserve rewards and make leeches fire at something once in awhile.

1 hour ago, tarfeef101 said:

That EV stuff got removed such a long time ago.

1 hour ago, UltraGuyver said:

Because we started it about 10 minutes before the sortie was over. (11:50 est approx.) 

That's not DE's fault.

Well yeah obviously, but I think the system does more harm than good. Sure people are bound to try and leech off the team once in awhile, but to remove the rewards of people that used all their revives while doing their fair share of stuff for the mission or maybe they had to walk away for real life reasons, they still deserve the credit.

Part of doing your fair share is to stay alive, however.

Yeah, its even easier to survive with the operator invincibility, but when you're dashing around to revive teammates that don't know how to hit 5 for some reason and having a trinity on the team that isn't using 2 for god-knows-why-not, it runs out and reviving is really dangerous. The point is, do you risk reviving teammates or live to eventually solo anyway?

You can revive in ghost form and even without Trin supplying energy (how Trin is supposed to do that during the aerial bombardment is beyond me) you should have enough time to ride it out in ghost form.  So, if it's so easy to do, why was it so difficult for you?

The bottom line is that you tried to run the mission at the last minute, you failed, and you missed it.  Sorry, but that's how it goes sometimes.

1 hour ago, tarfeef101 said:

No one runs around anymore. You just go into void mode and stay there until bombardment is over. No need to move around.

Yeah the Inactivity timer can really be wonky. I once got no reward because I was in Operator mode and it apparently only tracks the movement of the Warframe which in that instance was essentially stood in a corner for like 15 waves of Hydron. The whole reason I was there was to level up my amp. On the final reward screen it just tossed up Ineligible due to Inactivity for every wave.

Sure I was running around like crazy and was like 33% of our overall damage but clearly I was also somehow inactive.....

3 hours ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

My guess would be it was yesterdays Sortie Kela and it flagged the Sortie as being complete because the rest of the team killed her eventually.

Edited by Oreades

34 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

All you saying what the OP should and shouldn’t do missed the entire point. An afk system that does not account for using up all revives (something that is very easy to track for the system) is a broken afk system.

This right here. Despite OP's mission outcome, he clearly took part in it which the AFK system shouldn't have bothered with. He pointed out a clear issue with it. The lack of reading comprehension in this thread is disappointing.

53 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

All you saying what the OP should and shouldn’t do missed the entire point. An afk system that does not account for using up all revives (something that is very easy to track for the system) is a broken afk system.

Why is that broken.  If you've used up all your revives, it should be a mission failure.  You're dead.

24 minutes ago, Oreades said:

My guess would be it was yesterdays Sortie Kela and it flagged the Sortie as being complete because the rest of the team killed her eventually.

OP clarified that the sortie only had 10 minutes left when OP started, so it was over by the time they finished.

18 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

This right here. Despite OP's mission outcome, he clearly took part in it which the AFK system shouldn't have bothered with. He pointed out a clear issue with it. The lack of reading comprehension in this thread is disappointing.

Disagreement != lack of reading comprehension.  I don't see why someone who uses up all their revives should be considered a successful participant.  I run solo, a lot, and if I use up my revives, it's mission failed.  Why should someone die 4 to 6 times and be considered successful in their mission?

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

No one runs around anymore. You just go into void mode and stay there until bombardment is over. No need to move around.

lol i don't think i've played a kela sortie since before operators got buffed and everyone started realizing how OP they were... makes sense. tbh i'd probably run just to feel less bored :D

If you play public, no matter what it is, use a loadout to solo the mission. Always expect random to screw things up.

If it happens you are prepared and won't care. If they actually do their stuff, mission finishs even faster and you still won't care much.

59 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

I run solo, a lot, and if I use up my revives, it's mission failed.  Why should someone die 4 to 6 times and be considered successful in their mission?

Really?

Because the squad succeeded. He played in a squad. One of the many points of playing together is to help others in missions. They succeeded. The fact he died, and NOT being AFK, shouldn't render him rewardless at the end of the mission. The AFK system didn't perform as it should have.

Why does this have to be spelled out here? As I mentioned, reading comprehension.

Edited by WhiteCr0w

1 minute ago, WhiteCr0w said:

Really?

Because the squad succeeded. He played in a squad. One of the many points of playing together is to help others in missions. They succeeded. The fact he died, and NOT being AFK, shouldn't render him rewardless at the end of the mission. The AFK system didn't perform as it should have.

Why does this have to be spelled out here? As I mentioned, reading comprehension.

But the point is, otherwise I could easily leech on other players. I could just jump into that lvl 100 kela sortie, then let myself die over and over at the very beginning until I was out of revives, lean back and wait for the team to finish the sortie and then claim my reward.

So the AFK worked exactly as intended. It's just a shame that it sometimes end up affecting someone who actually just used all their revives in a perfectly normal way. But you can't have one without the other.

I don't know. It is quite rare for that to happen where you'll expend all 4 of your revives anywhere and sure it sucks to lose out on something in those circumstances since you did play fair and square. I am not sure that would be the solution just for the very rare instance to then screw with the rest of players who used to harmed by AFK'ers frequently (with macro's you still see them occassionally).

34 minutes ago, WhiteCr0w said:

Really?

Again, my reading comprehension is just fine.  I understand what OP said.  I understand what you said.  I disagree with you.  What you're saying isn't automatically right simply because you think it's right, and disagreement doesn't indicate that I don't understand what you're saying.

With that out of the way, I see the idea behind contributing to a team and even if you don't finish the objective, if you help the team to do so, then the team succeeds.  This is something that happens all the time in alpine climbing, where a team might be dedicated to help one or two people reach the peak of a mountain.  OTOH, if someone dies during that expedition, it's generally not thought of as a success.  Again, if OP were solo, it would have been a failed mission once they were out of revives.  Why should it count simply because there were other players involved as well?  Other players make it easier (usually) so I would think the penalty for doing an easier task and losing all revives shouldn't be less than it is for a solo player.