Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Lures not capturing Teralyst

(PSN)AeonDeus

Question

10 answers to this question

Are you sure both lures were fully charged and in range at the very moment it got killed ?

I failed some capture because the one player who had the drones (sometimes me) got knocked back right before the teralyst got killed.

(just in case you didn't know, the yellow and the green eidolon need 3 lures)

Edited by Trichouette

8 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Are you sure both lures were fully charged and in range at the very moment it got killed ?

I failed some capture because the one player who had the drones (sometimes me) got knocked back right before the teralyst got killed.

(just in case you didn't know, the yellow and the green eidolon need 3 lures)

I thought so, though it's hard to be 100% sure. I suppose it's conceivable that a teammate told it to hold position too far away. 

Most recent hunt the lures just despawned right as we killed the fourth limb... super great timing.

I recommend you get at as many lures as you can, and start the hunt as early as possible. Make sure to disable Vomvalysts if they get in range but don't kill-kill them or the lures won't charge up. A normal Teralyst will need up to four, one per joint. Gaunt and Hydro variants will need six.

I have had the same thing a few times...since the last update. 

Lures right on top of the Eidolon and no capture. We even had a teleport while the lure was attached. Failing to shoot guns is another nice little bug that seems to pop up every so often.  Another thing that is not a bug but extremely annoying since the update is the lures getting right in front of you while you try to shoot and staying there no matter where you move to....and I absolutely hate their new design. Both aesthetically unpleasing as well as extremely hard to notice.  

8 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I recommend you get at as many lures as you can, and start the hunt as early as possible. Make sure to disable Vomvalysts if they get in range but don't kill-kill them or the lures won't charge up. A normal Teralyst will need up to four, one per joint. Gaunt and Hydro variants will need six.

Sorry? What? Why? 

I had a similar experience on a hunting squad once.

We were gunning for a full terry / garry / harry hunt, but at the first fight, terry just... dropped dead, instead of getting captured by the three charged lures that were sitting right next to it.

3 hours ago, (PS4)AeonDeus said:

I thought so, though it's hard to be 100% sure. I suppose it's conceivable that a teammate told it to hold position too far away.

I usually handle the lures as trin: As soon as the shield are down I go under the eidolon and stay there building void strike and targeting each lure over and over and over in case one of them needs a heal. Despite that it happens pretty often for the eidolon to teleport or worse die.

It is a bug and is happening to a lot of teams. 

Also dont take too many lures as some people are telling you, a good trinity wont loose any lure and lures like to be in front of you, I can imagine going to the bathroom and the lure is there in your way...