Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void challenge rooms

saradonin

One of the recent alerts (Void survival) reminded me of long a forgotten feature - Void challenge rooms.

They were created long time ago in days of Parkour 1.0, when bullet jump and aim glide weren't a thing. I remember having a good time looking for these rooms and racing against time. With Parkour 2.0 and Operator mode any challenge is gone, couple of bullet jumps or a single Void Dash and it's done.

What if these were made challenging again? Operator more and/or powers would be disabled to prevent from abusing Void Dash.
Of course new rewards should follow the rework, a new set mods perhaps.

I think, from gameplay perspective, moving prime rewards from Void into fissures was a good move, but Void got nothing in return and it desperately needs a breath of fresh air. Would you visit it again to complete new challenges?

Edited by saradonin

I don't honestly know the game mechanics behind this but your idea isn't totally off the wall and there is good merit behind it as well. I myself enjoy the secret rooms and the challenges they provide but an update in the future would be like you said "a breath of fresh air". I think it would be safe to say that when D.E. does a Void Open World your idea might be able to be incorporated into the game. I myself will use those missions to farm unique sculpture, Ayatan Stars, and to do something a little different every once in a while. The nice thing about D.E. is that it listens to its players so if more people can get behind this idea, then it might be worked into the game. Good idea.

These rooms are still challenging and rewarding for new player, so no I don't think we should get rid of them.

But I like your idea in general. DE could add those rooms to specific missions or implement them in some other kind.

As to the rewards, DE either doesn't understand the word rewarding or just doesn't want to give us anything rewarding. It's not like we don't ask, more like 10k credits after 806 days loginbonus

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
typo

It's not only the void that has that problem, it exists in all the tilesets(limited jump height for Zephyr, the unique derelict challenge that can be bypass with flying/jumping frames and a lot more).

To "fix" it would be a major overhaul like to you pointed out(abusing Void Dash that makes some stuff irrelevant).

Edited by HellVOps

Although you may find these Challenge rooms on Void missions easy due to learning how to use your warframe effectively, they are still a challenge to new players.

[ If the Developers update them to be too challenging, new players would complain for them to be changed to "easy mode."]  

I think we could have void rooms that act like a stronger form of vaults. while it is barely noticeable at times some vaults scale based on the level of the tile. closing off certain paths like vents or adding security grids.

This way we could in theory have added conditions as well as increased loot tables based on what node hosts that room.

Newer players get introduced to the same rooms with the same broad room mechanics (reach the same room with the same path) but have better loot behind tougher rooms.

59 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

These rooms are still challenging and rewarding for new player, so no I don't think we should get rid of them.

54 minutes ago, xV3NOMx said:

Although you may find these Challenge rooms on Void missions easy due to learning how to use your warframe effectively, they are still a challenge to new players

You can't honestly believe that.

In Parkour 1.0 our jump distance was like what ...1/8 maybe 1/4 of what it is now. It may be hard to imagine now, but we needed Nova's Wormhole or Vauban's Bounce to even jump on the container in Akkad. Now a single bullet jump covers twice the distance needed for that. These rooms weren't designed with such maneuvers in mind.

New players may not have Operator mode unlocked, but they do have Parkour 2.0 like everyone else. And this alone completely invalidated any challenge. No more wallrunning from one wall to another to avoid floor lasers. Wallrunning, what's that? Exactly, nobody used that stuff anymore. Two bullet jumps, one aim glide and the vault is done. Where is the challenge in that?

Edited by saradonin

guaranteed Ayatan Sculpture reward would be nice. those hungry for Endo would spend more time in the void and have a reason to search for the rooms. I think DE should perhaps make a couple new Challenge rooms that are more difficult to better counter the ease of Parkour 2.0. perhaps these more difficult rooms could have a rare container at the end like the one in Lua's music room, which has a chance to drop a built Forma.

vor einer Stunde schrieb saradonin:

You can't honestly believe that.

I'm not only believing that. I know that.

There are 4 ppl in my clan above MR17 who fail every challenge room because they wont reach the finish in time. They are just bad at Parkour. 

It's too easy for you? Fine. But there are always ppl who fail at things.

I still feel Operators should have parkour 1.0. Then parkour challenge rooms could have a doorway like quills and rebuild the races to incorporate or disable the operators powers depending on obstacles. And a KO would definitely be a fail and send you back to the frame. Could put some real rewards in those rooms for once.

Would be fine for newer players to find these doors and get some cryptic broadcast about being a dreamer or something. Because in reality, I think most who make it to the first void relay would be exposed to other player operators by then but it would be clear it is something for later.