The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Zephyr Prime, we'll probably be getting Limbo Prime (and I'm a bit worried)

Cascoath

6 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Memories of Limbo's release week still haunt me this day unfortunately. If Limbo stays as is, a new nightmare begins on Prime week.

En-masse enemies only killable with abilities because dimension difference, Rift-wide gun ceasefire permanently in effect, endless rolling, hacking interruptions, melee/abilities only in primary/secondary Sorties, Cataclysm every Defense wave, multiple Limbos bickering because they are pulling each other out from the Rift with Banish and Cataclysm or not toggling Stasis off, Limbo Primes rift walk once and AFK... *shudders*

Thats like assuming every1 around you that plays limbo doesnt have a brain and and insulting every other players except you at the same time.Because there are players that are finally learning him and the existence of some intended trolls doesnt mean they apply every single player that exist.

Just now, ---Singularity--- said:

Thats like assuming every1 around you that plays limbo doesnt have a brain and and insulting every other players except you at the same time.Because there are players that are finally learning him and the existence of some intended trolls doesnt mean they apply every single player that exist.

Trolling or not, these annoyances exist and are easily executed. I can't expect everyone to play nice since pubbing is my daily dose of Warframe.

10 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Trolling or not, these annoyances exist and are easily executed. I can't expect everyone to play nice since pubbing is my daily dose of Warframe.

And at the same time you cant expect everyone to be a troller by heart.Among the past 3 years I've played I only met 1-5 limbo that did something wrong as him and many more feels the same way.I'm assuming you understand his abilities? then theres not much problem.If you are assuming that everybody will troll you with limbo then feel free to bring a warframe that uses its ability fully to annihilate enemies rather than using weapons (Limbo cannot stop you) .You can report trollers dont forget that.

Edited by ---Singularity---

@---Singularity--- I'm pretty sure I showed my understanding of his powers by listing the potential damage they can do to a team. There are numerous ways to deal with them on the player side, depends on how knowledgeable and tolerant you are, but it doesn't excuse the poor execution of his kit trampling on squadmates' fun.

Since devs can't do anything about player behavior, I'm advocating for revisions, whether buff, nerf, change, tweak, rework, etc that would minimize or eliminate these design problems from happening in the first place.

Edited by PsiWarp

My only gripe with Limbo is that gameplay  just isn’t very smooth with him.  I can’t nstantly feel as though I need to set up a scenario to promote a better experience.  So, it winds up feeling clunky and unfun.  The rework I would want would have to make his powers feel more smooth.  

What troller players do as Limbo to allies is not good* pretty sure you know that limbo can provide invulnerability to allies that asked for it while they kill enemies with their abilities freely.You can take any frame and let an inept player use it,you can't expect the player to fulfill the frame's role thoroughly all the time and could compromise a mission.And It's normal to find players who are learning.Like really now its about who plays him.Whether the disruption was caused by an inept player or an intended troll thats up to the player, don't give them what they want like raging in chat or forum or what so ever.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Eh? Didn't rift surge work on everyone inside a cataclysm bubble? He was also definitively the sniper frame. He casts cataclysm somewhere then way far off he snipes everyone who walks into the bubble. There were also old videos of him doing massive melee damage and cataclysm also doubled as a nuke. Now he just makes everyone's weapons stop working (sniping don't work now) and piles up enemies so they can blitz you later. He's objectively worse compared to his old builds.

I should probably rephrase here - he never worked as a large scale indiscriminate (cataclysm does at least need to be aimed) nuker like Saryn or old Bladestorm Ash. Pinpoint or highly selective damage - definitely, I made heavy use of banish to selectively assassinate one powerful thing at a time, and close-range cataclysm worked very well for setting up a bunch of rapid melee kills on the now knocked down enemies.

To clearly mark where I stand here, I got on pretty well with the old version of Limbo and really hate the current version. Putting rift toggle on roll was a horrendously bad idea, because I'm now constantly going in and out and in and out and in and out of rift mode through nothing more than ordinary movement. Giving an AoE to banish breaks my ability to select one particularly dangerous enemy and pull them into the rift so that they can be dealt with before they become a problem... but that doesn't work any more either because I can't rift enemies while I'm rifted myself, and because rift surge was removed entirely, taking away that damage bonus.

7 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Limbo Primes rift walk once and AFK... *shudders*

That.. has a hard counter in the form of Loki. Jump over a bottomless pit, switchport the limbo in mid-air and he'll fall into the pit and come back very vulnerable.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (PS4)ToastyFairy01 said:

Trinity was the last closed beta Warframe to be primed. The last "OG".

Yes but I think he's referring to the second generations as "OG" as well, back when warframe wasn't that popular.

As to the topic, the one change I would make is make cataclysm remove all enemies from the rift and deal massive damage.

I have a love hate relationship with Limbo. I love to play him, but generally hate playing with him. I doubt they will change him since he got a rework recently and if they do it might even be a good thing, like letting us skit in cataclysm. Honestly I'm prepared to wait out the time people will be using his prime, I'm sure it will die down to the same level it is now eventually. I rarely run into a Limbo so I'm hoping it will be the same for his prime after the initial rush of people leveling and trying him out. 

A limbo played the right way can do two notable things. 

1. negitively impact other players gameplay of making guns not ineffective, but 100% useless. 

2. Survive forever. though the same can be said of rhino's stomp, vauban and other CC enabled frame. but limbo needs a lot less upkeep then rhino does. 

I think they could just make player bullets be unaffected. But if they do that limbo becomes even more powerful. But.. melee is the best weapon class in game damage wise and limbo doesn't block them at all. 

"High learning curve"-You literally only have to press 2-3-4 and E and use the Rift Torrent augment (and hit "solo")to get the most out of Limbo.

All the frames in this game are simple, even Equinox is, most people just don't take the time to learn them and say they are difficult when they are not.

I think when people use cataclysm they instantly press 2.I mean its optional to freeze guns, regardless Cataclysm does provide cc by itself and limits the amount of enemies you fight it in.It does not render gun 100% useless unless said player just slam 2 everytime they press 4.