Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nuking Trinity Builds cheesing almost all game modes? Does It Need A Nerf?

Omega

Hello all,
I've been playing Index quite some time with this build and almost every match I've been getting questions on what's my build, what I'm using, blah blah.

I don't contribute much to the community but I thought I'd share my first YouTube upload for those who are interested in a Nuke Trinity build.

This build emphasizes on Trinity's Link ability with augment - which allows for 100% armor reduction on enemies.  Trinity can self-damage herself and have that damaged transferred to all enemies connected to her Link.

Feel free to leave your thoughts/comments and if you have any questions feel free to ask away :)

Edited by VengefulMaelstrom

Interesting approach, although I wouldn't call it "nuke" as @Bronjun above mentioned.

I always found Trinity to be boring (simply not my playstyle), and didn't really explore her possibilities. This makes me want to try her again for something else than Eidolons. Thanks for the idea :-)

Am I the only one who likes to chase after people who run off on their own to die in survival missions when their shields go and their health starts ticking down slowly, just so I can be there to *Coughteabagcough* revive them if I'm too late or heal them up if I make it in time?

(Secretly I just like running around doing little besides overshielding and healing up squishy people and not having to worry about spraying guns at the general direction of enemies and hoping they die with haste)

It exists a lot time ago, only power enhanced by recent weapon balance.

Also mentioned before, it becomes a trend now because other methods way better than nuke trinity are nerfed to dust.

So enjoy it while it last, before DE change so Aviator no longer use additive damage reduction with other mods.

And while it is powerful, downsides is very obvious, elemental enhanced sorties, nuke trinity has almost no damage, not to mention mission which cannot bring secondary.

Edited by dEjAvU5566
Add comment

1 hour ago, Bronjun said:

How's three enemies a time appropriate for the term "nuke"?   

It's not limited to 3 enemies, if enemies are in range of each other you can still take down multiples as per video.  The Castanas still proc nearby enemies with innate electricity

Edited by VengefulMaelstrom

9 hours ago, Latiac said:

Wasn't Nuke Trinity always a thing and it was simply outshined by other cheese such as Augmented Banshee?

Pretty much. It fell out of favor a couple of years ago--about the same time Blessing fell to 75% max DR. 

The problem with this sort of thing is by the time you've set up your gimmick you could've killed your prospective victims and most of their nearby friends with conventional weapons. 

You can fiddle with this sort of thing or just use a well-modded Amprex and drive on with a lot less folderol. 

9 hours ago, VengefulMaelstrom said:

It's not limited to 3 enemies, if enemies are in range of each other you can still take down multiples as per video.  The Castanas still proc nearby enemies with innate electricity

Of course, but your damage would only be applied to those three enemies, until they die. The efficiency is just not there. 

Not even close to the best way to nuke a map. 

Furthermore broken gameplay is inherent to DEs game design whether you, or they, like it or not. 

This is what you signed up for, this is what you invested money in (or time). Deal with it. It's feel good gameplay, not mechanical or challenging gameplay. And it can't be, without a complete overhaul.

11 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Let's not nerf every alternative for efficient gameplay. You want everyone to play Equinox/Banshee/Saryn for damage.

This post is just asking to kill variety. No thanks.

this.

Trinity has an extremely unique way to kill enemies that takes up a lot of time, builds and has to work in a specific way. I love these types of builds so don't get rid of them. It would ruin the already low amount of variety in builds...