Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kronen Prime Stats NEED A BUFF

cookieknife

1 hour ago, Twofish said:

I decided to use the weapon for a solid week before posting in any of these threads, and i have to disagree.  Kronen Prime feel fantastic in practice, both with and without a riven.  A touch of extra base range as a quality of life improvement wouldn't be excessive, but even that's unnecessary in my opinion -- Primed Reach on top of the base is comfortable enough.  I don't believe they need any buff to their combat stats.  Both pure status and status-crit hybrid builds have served me very well in Flood and Sortie level content. 

The only change i'd advocate would be for their +20% parkour bonus to apply when holstered, as well as when the weapon is drawn.  I'd never look at my Telos Boltace again.

I used it when it was first released. Even I felt the range seemed off. I know it's a cqc melee weapon but sometimes I'd be swinging and it would go through enemies - either those in front of me or those very nearby - and it did no damage despite clearly being close enough. From my recollection that was without primed/reach, as I wanted to see how it was. I wouldn't be able to say I would be comfortable with no alteration to the range. People claim it's bugged even with reach mods.

1 hour ago, IceColdHawk said:

What do you mean? Tonfas are made for spinning. And besides, there are so many way better slash procing spam-e machines.

there isnt one of those weapons in tonfa class tho. and why would anybody use tonfas for spinning when you can use whips or polearms which has some actual range on slides? its not like anything stands alive against maiming. 

10 hours ago, Zeclem said:

there isnt one of those weapons in tonfa class tho. and why would anybody use tonfas for spinning when you can use whips or polearms which has some actual range on slides? its not like anything stands alive against maiming. 

What's the point of so many different melee classes then if everything is the same just with differing designs?

And besides, what you saw in the gif is hardly reproducable with a whip or polearm. Sure they can hit more enemies, but i prefer to quickly take out priority targets. Tonfas = Damage, Whips = Range. Having no style and spinning with a whip/polearm gets stale after a while for me.

I don't get it.... Still offing level 120 enemies just fine with its stats.... Ain't even on meme strike or cond overload build.
For an mr8 weapon, it's strong. Asking for it to be any better would pre much need it to be retroactively have an increased mr on my book.

Highest mr8 weapon status chance is 30% held by Ohma, the median being 25% or lower stat chance among other mr8 weapons. Kronen prime sits at 24% stat chance, in line with the rest.

Highest crit chance on mr8 weapons is 25% on venka prime, the rest varies and teeters at 15%, some abysmally as low as 5%. Kronen Prime sits at 12%, not the most horrible out there while being able to scale well enough to get you decent amount of crits coupled with tonfas' main damage forte on slide attacks.

5* disposition for rivens opens it up to b.s. levels of strong among mr8 weapons, next to dragon nikana. This I'm not too fond of since riven is just a lazy argumentative point with triple rng b.s. to it but it is what it is...

Kronen prime is suitable for any kind of build with its stats, decent crit and good crit multiplier, great status chance, b.s. riven disposition. All of this opens up k.p. for good room for experimentation/ differing builds for a low mr weapon.

No...it's not just about Kronen Prime, whole melee weapon system need a rework. melee weapon without high range is hardly compete to others.

I think stance is a great way to fix this problem, and sure they put some dash or larger AOE move in it, but it didn't work well

And personally I feel it's much stronger using quick attack, stance move is just not smooth enough. Most of the moves are gimmick, didn't make the weapon better.

Edited by qscgg

hi

guys i owned a god riven for kronen

185% melee damage & 100% crits chance & 99% status chance

and still this weapon isnt good

range is so awfull even with maxed primed reach on it

this weapons needs to have better crits chance and crits damage and most importantly more range

otherwise i wil just call kronen prime THE PRIMED DISSPOINTMENT

My only irritation with tonfa is their range, even equiping primed reach and riven with range still can miss if you move little to the side. It need to be in front of the enemy to connect the hit normal attack / slide. 

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Yeah, it is weaker than Ohma, they use the same stance, so there is no incentive to use it at this point.

Technically you have to change polarities for the kronie to use sovergin outcast..

Also ohma lacks physical damage types and can only get those procs from stance procs, kronie does not suffer this. Tho it can be argued that the ohma is more efficient at armor stripping as a result.