Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We can still get a lava 'planet'. Take a guess.

grigorije

While many have shown disappointment in yet another ice locale that will be the Venus Landscape, there is still room for a lava world, and not only a Landscape but a whole new tileset. You got it, it's the Sun. If you think traversing the Sun is way out there, just look at the tech behind Venus' terraforming. I believe it is safe to say it would not be too far-fetched to imagine Orokin or even Corpus infrastructure on the surface of the Sun. As for the Grineer, I doubt they'd pull something like that off. Most importantly, however, we need an actual Sun and not some measly glow effect.

Edited by grigorije

Venus isn't going to be a vast frozen wasteland. The devstreams showed that it's a hot enviroment that's constantly having coolant being dumped into it, creating violent storms. Essentially, it's going to be a mix of hot and cold climates.

I think there's a difference between turning a planet around the size of Earth into a habitable place and turning a giant dense ball of burning gas 115 times larger than Venus into someplace habitable. Could just be me tho

Edited by dandecker98

It would be nothing logical to have the Sun as a place to visit in the game, not only are the temperatures there too extreme, there is no physical matter there for you to stand on and obviously no Lava either.

If you take a better look at what [DE] has posted so far about the Venus Landscape, you will see that the planet surface is Scorched and that the Open World area is occasionally bombarded with an Iceberg to keep the temperature within an habitable condition. 

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

It would be nothing logical to have the Sun as a place to visit in the game, not only are the temperatures there too extreme, there is no physical matter there for you to stand on and obviously no Lava either.

Hence the infrastructure. But, yeah, there is no 'lava', just gases and combustion.

6 minutes ago, dandecker98 said:

I think there's a difference between turning a planet around the size of Earth into a habitable place and turning a giant dense ball of burning gas 115 times larger than Venus into someplace habitable. Could just be me tho

A terraformed area would be enough, right?

6 minutes ago, grigorije said:

A terraformed area would be enough, right?

The word "terraformed" implies that there would be some sort of earth to shape. Since the Sun is made entirely of gas, there would be no earth to... form differently. Also, even if it were possible to cool the Sun enough to live on it, the entire solar system would die. We need the Sun's heat to survive.

If the Orokin had made the Sun cool enough to live on, the Corpus would have had no trouble terraforming Venus, because it would have already been ice cold

Edited by dandecker98

11 minutes ago, Ragingwasabi said:

not relevant bro? ur suggesting living on a star?

Yeah, so what? We're kids with space-magic mind-controlling ninja suits. Nothing is impossible at this point. I did mention infrastructure, so it's not like we should swim through the gases.

Edited by grigorije

11 minutes ago, dandecker98 said:

The word "terraformed" implies that there would be some sort of earth to shape. Since the Sun is made entirely of gas, there would be no earth to... form differently. Also, even if it were possible to cool the Sun enough to live on it, the entire solar system would die. We need the Sun's heat to survive.

If the Orokin had made the Sun cool enough to live on, the Corpus would have had no trouble terraforming Venus, because it would have already been ice cold

Then how about making floating cities, like the Corpus gas factories. Saturn was it?

Hmmm, 'helioformed' then?

Edited by grigorije

7 minutes ago, grigorije said:

Then how about making floating cities, like the Corpus gas factories. Saturn was it?

Hmmm, 'helioformed' then?

I'm not entirely sure the lore/fake science that DE has come up with to explain how there are cities on Jupiter/Saturn. Scientists (in da real world) do believe that gas giants have solid cores though. Perhaps the cities are sitting on the core, or maybe they're floating above, somehow?

Regardless, the biggest concern would be the temperature. And as I said in my last post, if the Sun becomes temperate enough to live on, everything would die

Edited by dandecker98

You could have an inactive sentient outpost in the photosphere where even the Orokin couldn't reach them. I'm sure with their adaptive nature they could have constructed bases that can withstand the immense heat, or use the energy in the plasma to continually reconstruct the outer shell of the structure as it's melting away.

I feel like Mercury, if anything, would be the best candidate for this sort of thing. It's been a while since my last astronomy course, so I forget what the composition of Mercury looks like, but as hot terrestrial planets go, it's kinda the one that comes to immediate mind.

Also, the Orokin were formidable, but despite their claims to the contrary, they weren't gods; if they had the power to manipulate the sun as they saw fit, chances are good they wouldn't have been looking to other star systems like they were. The Void is magical, not omnipotent.

1 minute ago, dandecker98 said:

I'm not entirely sure the lore/fake science that DE has come up with to explain how there are cities on Jupiter/Saturn. Scientists (in da real world) do believe that gas giants have solid cores though. Perhaps the cities are sitting on the core, or maybe they're floating above, somehow.

Regardless, the biggest concern would be the temperature. And as I said in my last post, if the Sun becomes temperate enough to live on, everything would die

But it would he cool to traverse platforms while surrounded by gas erruptions everywhere. Ember would feel right at home. Poor Frost, though.

I mean, have ya ever hearda Io? Have I GOTTA piece of real-estate to sell you! 

All you need is to condense and manipulate the atmosphere into a sufficient blanket (the Orokin's tower installations, distributed in a network, as they've done for the Martian poles and the Venusian surface) and BOOM, done, say no more, vulcan detonation central.

(Whether the Towers could weather being in a constantly crust-changing environment like that though, worse then even Venus' molten surface and acidic fumaroles, is yet-to-be-determined.)

Edited by Unus

Ignore everything, I want to see "open world" infested Eris, would be spooky as fuk if they made it right with caves and environment trying to kill you.

Reson for the open world: reclaiming Eris from infested(Even if it's kinda hopeless?).

Edited by HellVOps

1 hour ago, Varzy said:

Venus isn't going to be a vast frozen wasteland. The devstreams showed that it's a hot enviroment that's constantly having coolant being dumped into it, creating violent storms. Essentially, it's going to be a mix of hot and cold climates.

Bring on the living, breathing Frank Frazetta painting!

OR... The remaining Galilean Moons of Jupiter can have room enough for more ideas

In this case, Io.

"With over 400 active volcanos, Io is the most geologically active object in the Solar System. Its surface is dotted with more than 100 mountains, some of which are taller than Earth's Mount Eeverest Unlike most satellites in the outer Solar System (which have a thick coating of ice), Io is primarily composed of silicate rock surrounding a molten iron or iron sulfide core. " (Wikipedia)

2 hours ago, HellVOps said:

Ignore everything, I want to see "open world" infested Eris, would be spooky as fuk if they made it right with caves and environment trying to kill you.

Reson for the open world: reclaiming Eris from infested(Even if it's kinda hopeless?).

A living, breathing planet? Hell yeah!