Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus damage reduction auras still getting worse

NezuHimeSama

So heat damage is reduced by ancient disruptors. Not even a real eximus, and it reduces heat why???

This goes along with all kinds of other eximus auras reducing the wrong elements, negating physical damage when elemental damage reduction goes over 100%, stacking in a completely game breaking way, ect.

Can these just be removed until DE has time to fix them?

4 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

Even then it is a nightmare to deal with. Have you ever encountered this kind of moment?

Yup, many times actually. The biggest trouble I had with them was making the damn combo actually trigger since sometimes it simply refuses to work. But when it does, oh boy, I don't know how many millions of damage it would deal if it had to account for all the resistances Prosecutor has.

1 minute ago, CaptainZgred said:

Yup, many times actually. The biggest trouble I had with them was making the damn combo actually trigger since sometimes it simply refuses to work. But when it does, oh boy, I don't know how many millions of damage it would deal if it had to account for all the resistances Prosecutor has.

Indeed. Heard about this problem from friend of mine doing a sortie and he encountered this situation twice in single mission. The very problem of two prosecutors appearing same time and coming at you is that their damage resistances stack. Even if both have a weakness. They can't be killed. You have to separate them then kill them. Which was very frustrating to friend of mine.

11 minutes ago, AlendasNaro said:

Indeed. Heard about this problem from friend of mine doing a sortie and he encountered this situation twice in single mission. The very problem of two prosecutors appearing same time and coming at you is that their damage resistances stack. Even if both have a weakness. They can't be killed. You have to separate them then kill them. Which was very frustrating to friend of mine.

I suddenly feel very grateful for my dagger zaw with covert lethality and that new dagger stance that opens enemies to finishers.

1 hour ago, Colyeses said:

I suddenly feel very grateful for my dagger zaw with covert lethality and that new dagger stance that opens enemies to finishers.

I’m just glad I chose the Naramon focus and stuck with it through 2.0.

Opening enemies to melee finishers all day, baby.

And having them take more finisher damage with that same ability too.

BONUS.

But to actually create some relevant feedback? Yes, Ancients need to be removed until they are fixed. In the same book as Commanders, even.

Ancients?

- They spam grapple whenever they can, whenever they want, and whenever they can’t.

- Ancient Healers can buff each other into an endless cycle of immortality.

- Ancient Healers and Disruptors are even worse.

- Ancient Healers and Disruptors plus Parasitic Eximi that spawn ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE are even worse.

They’re just as broken as Commanders who can, in groups of more than one, stunlock you into oblivion and get you instantly killed the moment they round a corner in a Level 100 Sortie by warping you into their group with a 3 second stun.

Horrible. They make melee finishers - the singular most powerful non-ability attacks - do basically zero damage and completely nullify abilities, buffing each other so the same applies and nothing can be done.

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

So heat damage is reduced by ancient disruptors. Not even a real eximus, and it reduces heat why???

Are you sure you didn't mistake a healer for a disrupter?

Last I checked disrupters only reduced ability strength and duration.

While healers give 90% damage restiance, heal every now and then, absorb all procs and get healed to up to 150% health when mobs affected by its aura take damage.

Wait, why do disrupters reduce ability strength? That was probably what it is, since I was going off WOF damage. That said, quartering(or worse) ability damage is still way too much and super dumb, and there are other eximus auras that are completely broken(like, all of them).

1 hour ago, AlendasNaro said:

Oh boy are you in for a treat when you have to fight two Prosecutors which are both level 100.

Been there, done that. It's pretty horrible, but you only get that on Ceres, and usually, physical weapons get around it fairly well.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

But to actually create some relevant feedback? Yes, Ancients need to be removed until they are fixed. In the same book as Commanders, even.

Ancients?

- They spam grapple whenever they can, whenever they want, and whenever they can’t.

- Ancient Healers and Disruptors plus Parasitic Eximi that spawn ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE are even worse.

They’re just as broken as Commanders who can, in groups of more than one, stunlock you into oblivion and get you instantly killed the moment they round a corner in a Level 100 Sortie by warping you into their group with a 3 second stun.

Horrible. They make melee finishers - the singular most powerful non-ability attacks - do basically zero damage and completely nullify abilities, buffing each other so the same applies and nothing can be done.

Actually, healers can't buff eachother afaik. I've never had a healer take reduced damage that I can remember.

I have, however, had healers stuck in walls, buffing all the enemies around them. If you can CC a healer at all, though, it's buff is ignored until it's back on it's feet.

Disruptors and paracitic need to vanish, though. Like, why do paracitic eximus resist corrosive? What the #*!% is that?

55 minutes ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Actually, healers can't buff eachother afaik.

They can.

Disruptors are able to buff each other and you can tell that they do because they glow purple. Disruptors do buff themselves though and they can buff each other.

Healers do the same - they self-buff (though they still take the same damage) and buff each other.

I can tell because I spam melee finishers in 90% of the missions I run and if I manage to get behind an Ancient Healer in a group of them after Naramon dashing, it doesn’t usually die instantly.

Which reminds me though - quadrupeds, Ancients, and Moas need frontal finishers, and Hyekkas need finishers period.

Even Ospreys and Rollers should be vulnerable to finishers. Ospreys are the reason why Corpus stealth isn’t possible because they can’t be stealth killed.

But quadrupedal enemies (ie, Chargers, Drahk, etc) and Moas should be finishable from the front, and so should Ancients. There’s nothing that suggests we are exclusively required to get behind certain enemies - in the case of Ancients, enemies that are hidden within hordes making them unbeatable - just to take them out.

5 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

This goes along with all kinds of other eximus auras reducing the wrong elements, negating physical damage when elemental damage reduction goes over 100%, stacking in a completely game breaking way, ect.

Oh good. More Tedium due to band aid knee jerk reactions stemming from a refusal to just give the game the balance pass it needs...

How long until we just can't fight enemies any more? Cause unplayable is where this is headed.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

Ancients?

Ahh yes, Commanders. Aka, the Grineer What-not-to-do-with-enemy-design.

How is this even still a thing? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

They can.

Disruptors are able to buff each other and you can tell that they do because they glow purple. Disruptors do buff themselves though and they can buff each other.

Healers do the same - they self-buff (though they still take the same damage) and buff each other.

I can tell because I spam melee finishers in 90% of the missions I run and if I manage to get behind an Ancient Healer in a group of them after Naramon dashing, it doesn’t usually die instantly.

Which reminds me though - quadrupeds, Ancients, and Moas need frontal finishers, and Hyekkas need finishers period.

Even Ospreys and Rollers should be vulnerable to finishers. Ospreys are the reason why Corpus stealth isn’t possible because they can’t be stealth killed.

But quadrupedal enemies (ie, Chargers, Drahk, etc) and Moas should be finishable from the front, and so should Ancients. There’s nothing that suggests we are exclusively required to get behind certain enemies - in the case of Ancients, enemies that are hidden within hordes making them unbeatable - just to take them out.

Can't you stealth kill an osprey with a high damage single-shot weapon? As long as it's silent.

I've never seen a healer take reduced damage just because other healers were present. I'm pretty sure healers are just immune to the damage reduction buff altogether, if not the Ancient base enemy it's self.

6 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

Not sure about beam weapons’s fire but against Ember’s WOF, they take barely any damage without Accelerant even in the low levels. The only Eximus i hate in the infested faction is the Parasitic, when a geoup of them appear, your energy can drain pretty quickly without the game letting you know. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Aerik93 said:

-Naramon cries-

-Vazarin cries-

-all players without Operator also cry-

If you're having trouble instakilling Naramon void dashed enemies you're doing something wrong and i don't know of any Vazarin node that would change how void dash interacts with enemies but you can disable nodes if they are counterproductive.

Players who don't have operators have a goal to complete TWW but then again players who didn't complete it will not play high level content where aura stacking could be a real problem anyways.

9 hours ago, kgabor said:

If you're having trouble instakilling Naramon void dashed enemies you're doing something wrong and i don't know of any Vazarin node that would change how void dash interacts with enemies but you can disable nodes if they are counterproductive.

Players who don't have operators have a goal to complete TWW but then again players who didn't complete it will not play high level content where aura stacking could be a real problem anyways.

Naramon’s ‘Executing Dash’ replaces the rag doll of Void Dash with opening up enemies to melee finishers. If you’re surrounded by Healers, those very same finishers won’t do jack S#&$ to any enemy, even if you spam it.

The second ability after Executing Dash gives void dash an AoE wave around the Operator. But you can’t have that one active if Executing Dash is inactive.

Vazarin’s ‘Sonic Dash’ also replaces rag doll for stunning enemies. That won’t do a damn thing either.

So, Naramon and Vazarin cries. Period.

And Infested endless missions (ie, Dark Sectors, where xp and resources are increased) can do the same thing, in pre TWW planets.

Edited by (PS4)Aerik93