Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Ramses Skin feedback

IEpicWolfI

Please do not make Inaros' new skin into just another rubber gimp suit, i was so happy to see the metallic style of it and bought it on the spot. If the change goes through i want a refund of the skin.

Maybe offer both options? or stick with the thing you actually sold players to begin with.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The art team is working away on improving things for Inaros Ramses based on texture feedback - expect this to hit your PCs Monday!

image.png

I want a full refund of the plat i used on the skin.

It was a great skin, and now you just turn it into a latex gimp suit. Please let both be an option, stick with the original or give me my plat back.

This skin was the first buy on first sight i've done in Warframe in 2 years.

Edited by FloraGreen

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

It's a bit harder. To do this correctly they'd need to cut the mesh/textures and reglue the blade while keeping the handle the way it is. If the weapon simply gets rotated, I think it would clip badly through the wirsts

Agreed, it wouldn't be as simple as rotating it. I do think the results would be worth a rebuild though.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Although honestly, this all could have been averted if they had shown it before.

Absolutely...or if they did a bit more homework or had someone around that's knowledgeable about swords.

There's an old saying that springs to mind... "The only truly stupid question is the one you should be asking but don't"

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I guess I'll have to wait till Gazal Prime appears as hopefully a correct Khopesh sword.

The Gazal reminds me more of a Greek Kopis or a Roman Falcata, minus the guard....or even a Nepalese Khukri (although Khukris tend to have a more pronounced "bend" to them).

31 minutes ago, FloraGreen said:

Why change a good skin into that ugly thing?

1. they arent, they are improving a good skin into a better skin that tints considerably better

2. the majority voiced that they werent fond of how dull colors looked on it, ergo the changes

Just now, MirageKnight said:

Agreed, it wouldn't be as simple as rotating it. I do think the results would be worth a rebuild though.

Absolutely...or if they did a bit more homework or had someone around that's knowledgeable about swords.

There's an old saying that springs to mind... "The only truly stupid question is the one you should be asking but don't"

The Gazal reminds me more of a Greek Kopis or a Roman Falcata, minus the guard....or even a Nepalese Khukri (although Khukris tend to have a more pronounced "bend" to them).

Yeah, I mean, that's why I said Prime. Basically the same way Silva Aegis is actually mini Magistar and Aegis :P Wouldn't be the first one, and I'm sure it could work.

Or heck, new weapon: Khopesh Prime. Because why the heck not.

15 minutes ago, Cazzzz said:

It looks like it will still be metallic, but it will be a more saturated version of the color.
If you want to keep the same look, get a more washed out color (like the ones in the Easter pack).

That is not how textures work... not even close. No combination of colors can save the skin after that change (could just as well have removed the PBR treatment from it).

They should offer both options. So that players with a hate for good textures can go with the latex gimp suit (i do not judge if you're into that, just give an option for other players to have an actual good skin that they paid for).

1 minute ago, TKDancer said:

1. they arent, they are improving a good skin into a better skin that tints considerably better

2. the majority voiced that they werent fond of how dull colors looked on it, ergo the changes

"Majority" or the vocal minority of the player base that sits on the forum.

No it is not better, it is worse, except if you're really into latex gimp suits that is.

I'll just demand a full refund of the skin, I did not buy an ugly latex suit, I bought a metal suit for my tank.

The best DE could do would be to give both options, and see what the player base in the game actually want, and not only the vocal majority of the gimp suit obsessed forum wants.

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Steve said they wouldn't be changing it, which is why I orginally opened the topic (which BTW, lost my original message with the merge ¬¬), so as to avoid another change of material that detracts off the concept.

You know me Naith, this stuff kills me and I'm a quality junkie :(

To be fair though, I hate when they release stuff and they change it so soon, although I can understand why in this case. But at least they must take a look at the compression and the Tint 3 stripes because damn it looks rough and unpolished right now. I mean, otherwise it's just me drilling more again. It's not fair, there's so many issues open that don't seem to ever be fixed because I'm the only one that cares TT_TT

Actually yeah I remember now, though didn't he say he'd think about it if there was enough demand? Could've sworn it was on twitter or something. That or I dreamt it.

Hardly use the skin now anyways. Fed up with the colour selection and shine of it all. Rather let down as I was/am primarily a Frost user and was so looking forward to his deluxe. Aleph would've still been better at this rate... Least they would have had less of an opportunity to ruin it with shines and bad colour layouts.

Edited by Valiant

2 minutes ago, FloraGreen said:

No it is not better, it is worse, except if you're really into latex gimp suits that is.

I'll just demand a full refund of the skin, I did not buy an ugly latex suit, I bought a metal suit for my tank.

The best DE could do would be to give both options, and see what the player base in the game actually want, and not only the vocal majority of the gimp suit obsessed forum wants.

A mercury colored blob is not a metal suit.

10 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

A mercury colored blob is not a metal suit.

Still many times better than a latex gimp suit.

And get a sense of aesthetics, because latex is close to the bottom of the list in the vast majority of cases. You might as well ignore the reflection gloss layer, and material roughness when doing texturing.

Edited by FloraGreen

Just now, PrivateRiem said:

What latex?

The new skin is looks like a well used latex gimp suit (do not ask me how i know that). I do know texturing and i have made enough textures for 3d projects to know how things just shouldn't look (at least in and outside adult stores).

I really wish it would stay the same as it is now. The main metallic doesnt look as washed out anywhere else but the Arsenal due to how the lights are set up within the arsenal. Is there a way to strike a happy middle between it being metallic and still capture colors well?

31 minutes ago, Demitsorou said:

I really wish it would stay the same as it is now. The main metallic doesnt look as washed out anywhere else but the Arsenal due to how the lights are set up within the arsenal. Is there a way to strike a happy middle between it being metallic and still capture colors well?

Looking closely at it, the light appears to reflect off the surface in the same way as before - it's just darker. The texture itself hasn't seemed to have changed, though, so using a slightly lighter/desaturated colour should look much the same to its pre-patched appearance.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The art team is working away on improving things for Inaros Ramses based on texture feedback - expect this to hit your PCs Monday!

image.png

Perfect ! While we are at it , can Scarab Syandana get a look ? It has pixelated textures and jagged edges between tints.

Wonder if old deluxes get some touch ups such as Rhino Palatine ( which has absurdly dark and muddy looking material that ruins coloring ) , Frost Harka ( Tint 1 is washed out like Inaros Deluxe's , also return helmet to its original shiny version ) and Oberon Feyarch ( Helmet is still darker than body ) ?

Edited by Aeon94

2 hours ago, FloraGreen said:

nah im pretty sure t was the majority

thats ur opinion mang, also if by latex u mean the black part, im pretty sure thats essentially the same texture used over most frames and u're overreacting due to the strong black used, which also shows just how washed out colors are right now, the black was a grey

good luck, hope u get it since it bothers u that much

Edited by TKDancer

u know u didnt have to make another thread right? just file a support ticket for a refund when the changes come

also...that pic only shows 1 person saying they prefer the old one

anyways, the pic from that other thread isnt a final product, and the chances of they giving us both options is near 0

3 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

nah im pretty sure t was the majority

thats ur opinion mang, also if by latex u mean the black part, im pretty sure thats essentially the same texture used over most frames and u're overreacting due to the strong black used, which also shows just how washed out colors are right now, the black was a grey

good luck, hope u get it since it bothers u that much

I am a 3d visualization artist; bad texturing is the worst sin in that field.

Besides it is not just me... every single person in the clan i am in agrees on this topic.

I have not seen a single person outside the forum actually preferring the updated version of this skin. 

3AuYpSq.png

1 minute ago, FloraGreen said:

I am a 3d visualization artist; bad texturing is the worst sin in that field.

Besides it is not just me... every single person in the clan i am in agrees on this topic.

I have not seen a single person outside the forum actually preferring the updated version of this skin. 

3AuYpSq.png

as i said in that other thread u pointlessly created, thats 1 person

also u think DE doesnt have 3d artists? like???

19 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

as i said in that other thread u pointlessly created, thats 1 person

also u think DE doesnt have 3d artists? like???

I am pointing towards you and other players not having a sense of texture and design.

jH5x2Bd.png 

Here you go have another person. I really do not want to spam the chat with people agreeing with me on this topic. The forum is mainly a toxic place, very different from the community in the actual game.

Besides: DE did make the skin as it is now, with all their designers/artists... and the vocal forum says that the artists idea of aesthetics are wrong.

Edited by FloraGreen

21 minutes ago, FloraGreen said:

I am pointing towards you and other players not having a sense of texture and design.

jH5x2Bd.png 

Here you go have another person. I really do not want to spam the chat with people agreeing with me on this topic. The forum is mainly a toxic place, very different from the community in the actual game.

Besides: DE did make the skin as it is now, with all their designers/artists... and the vocal forum says that the artists idea of aesthetics are wrong.

yay 3 people(or 2? is nieth you?), damn that must enough to change DE's mind /s

also u do realize people dont need a degree to be able to say "vibrant colors and metalics that look metalic are better to us than extremely dull and washed out colors than dont match anything else in the game"

as i already said, file ur support ticket for a refund, they aint gonna change their minds about changing the skin