Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Ramses Skin feedback

IEpicWolfI

9 minutes ago, LiveAlien said:

I'd also like to add that it's own syandana doesn't match, due to weird color shenanigans.
Seriously, even when using the exact same colors (EVEN THE DEFAULT ONES?!), the syandana doesn't fit at all...

That's because the tints are ordered differently.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

That's because the tints are ordered differently.

Not quite, the materials are actually different. (Syandana has some non metallic colors that can get very bright very easily, whereas the skin is mostly muted color metal)

1 minute ago, LiveAlien said:

Not quite, the materials are actually different. (Syandana has some non metallic colors that can get very bright very easily, whereas the skin is mostly muted color metal)

I know that. You said that when using the same colors, even in default, the Syandana didn't match, hence my answer.

Edited by NightmareT12

25 minutes ago, LiveAlien said:

I'd also like to add that it's own syandana doesn't match, due to weird color shenanigans.
Seriously, even when using the exact same colors (EVEN THE DEFAULT ONES?!), the syandana doesn't fit at all...

Right? The metallic texture is like pre-PBR nyx nemesis... It needs to go. Nothing goes well with it. 

Edited by Genji

4 hours ago, Naugus said:

*wants dark colors, is told to use lighter ones* i'm confused now... i wanted burgundy, but you tell me to settle for pink? i'm wanting dark red main with tarnished brass highlights. that's just not possible with the primary being made out of aluminum siding T^T

No, no, no. I'm not saying you should use lighter colors. I'm saying the problem with their textures is that their diffuse textures are too dark. For colors to come through well and not be washed out, DE needs to make their textures 50% gray or lighter. That's something that their Tennogen guides advise as well. Because their textures are too dark, colors look washed out, meaning you can't get really light colors or really dark colors. Like, with their textures now, there's no way to get the Ramses skin looking either jet black or pure white. DE needs to brighten up their texture.

Wanted to leave some feedback as to how Inaros's new Rames skin is wrongly displayed with the arsenal UI.

I know the silver look to the new skin is the one that's true as its displayed like that on the front page of the main Warframe website.

The problem comes when you go to select it in the arsenal. Its very clearly displayed as a pure dark black colour as its main colour. No hint of dark silver.

I know its only a small picture of said skin but it just seeds confusion and in this case, makes the skin look better than the actual default colour. Of course that is my own personal opinion on the colour. I still stand by my point on the almost misleading difference between them.

I don't know even know if it is an actual bug with the skin tbh.

soyV9ld.png

EHDXQtP.png

OkXMCS6.png

I am extremely disappointed with this skin, it really is far, far too shiny, as others have pointed out trying to colour this thing in any effective way is nigh impossible.

I have a jet black regular inaros with white and gold highlights, i'm going for a real egyptian feel, this is something I can't do with this solid block of shiny metal. I can't even use the Anubis helmet that I love with it because the colours and textures simply do not match. Of course this last point is an issue with many deluxe skins... too many new skins just do not allow aesthetic cohesion with anything but themselves.

Edited by Reynard_Fox

I kind of want a refund by now D: ... specially I thought the color is going to be pure black like what is shown in the market icon...

Metallic texture made this skin nearly impossible to re-color... any color put on it will simple turn into a mess...

As someone stated in another thread, the diffuse map is too dark. DE lightening it should fix it, though imo I would prefer the primary channel NOT to be metallic just so I can continue to use my beloved Syrinx shoulders on the skin without them looking horribly out of place. Overall, though, I am a fan of the skin - particularly the helmet.