The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here is why we dont need kuva endless to scale

zWhiteKz

8 minutes ago, zWhiteKz said:

if the ability to leave survival is a good idea dont u think DE already do that .... i mean like u said they did that for defense and intercept then why not survive while they at it? please try to think more deeply before making any asumption

Because the last survival update came in update 10. Need i go on? And are you really arguing against player choice as well as the ability for someone to leave because life happens some times leaving to them having to do one of three things, one quit and forfeit all their hard earned loot, two Try to beg there team to extract, or third and final option of staying in the mission and forsaking their real life.

3 minutes ago, zWhiteKz said:

So u asking for a may be implement feature soon™ with Endless scale pass flood ? and no consider for the fallout after that? that sound very selfish to me

I have been stuck in survival missions when I've had to leave, other people have been stuck in survival missions when they have to leave, it is a quality of life feature that make the game more accepting of people that have real world commitments.

(something you would learn about if you get a life, because I have to assume that this is an alien concept to you because of your knee jerk reaction against it but I'm just speculating about you here)

Now for it scaling pass flood missions i fail to see the point because after a mear 90 minutes to achieve the maximum multiplier of a jaw dropping 2X resource boost, you would have failed to pull equal to kuva flood kuva per minute. (Yes this statement is assuming it's running the void fissure scaling system with the fifth rotation of it containing 400 kuva)

To get up past the Kuva per minute of Kuva Flood's 243.2 it would require a 2 Hour plus run, lets face it most people wont do that even if they could gear and skill wise.

44 minutes ago, fluffysnowcap said:

(something you would learn about if you get a life, because I have to assume that this is an alien concept to you because of your knee jerk reaction against it but I'm just speculating about you here)

wow u on fire today with the insult good job. Also i want to ask why does u bring up "scocial status" does that invalidate my opnion if i dont have a job or a life like u said? hmm that seem weird, last time i check free speech is a thing but i guess im too old then.

Also "require 2 hour" lol that not a good time wise for a game like WF right now and like i said DE dont balance the game for the upper player base aka people that have time. And please keep in mind that flood appear every HOUR u cant run them as much as u want like endless kuva (but u can)

And remember all my last reply is to explain why endless scaling reward is not a sollution and history already prove that, after all of that u people still like to insult me rather than point out the wrong part, ok then guess forum just like reddit at this point

Edited by zWhiteKz
typo cause im a "strawman"

6 minutes ago, zWhiteKz said:

wow u on fire today with the insult good job. Also i want to ask why does u bring up "scocial status" does that invalidate my opnion if i dont have a job or a life like u said? hmm that seem weird, last time i check free speech is a thing but i guess im too old then.

Also "require 2 hour" lol that not a good time wise for a game like WF right now and like i said DE dont balance the game for the upper player base aka people that have time. And please keep in mind that flood appear every HOUR u cant run them as much as u want like endless kuva (but u can)

And remember all my last reply is to explain why endless scaling reward is not a sollution and history already prove that, after all of that u people still like to insult me rather than point out the wrong part, ok then guess forum just like reddit at this point

You missed what Fluffy was saying.  He was saying the current method for ending a survival mission in a group needs to change.  Currently, a player can be trapped in the mission if no one else wants to leave.  

He's asking for an option to leave like we have in the other mission types.  

i do also want it change to what do u think i create this thread for? catering to DE that 200 is enough? 200 is not enough for sure but reward scaling with no rooftop just to reward for people have a lot of time vs the whole avg player base? that absurd and remember we DONT have the number but DE does, all we have is idea and hope DE gonna test it out and accept it the end. They listen but how many voices we have? a lot it take time and sugguestons, something like endless reward scaling with the current scaling mechanic WF have right now is not fun nor challenging, it just a fight of number for the most "efficent" way to get "as many kuva as u can" to put in "the slot machine" for more than 200 times. Keep in mind as i explain before if it scale endlessly u gonna see people go for 3-4hr + even 24hrs just to make tons and tons of kuva and then throw in ur face, DE face, player base face.

and please read ALL his post, most of his post focus on why endless should scale with no rooftop

Edited by zWhiteKz

14 minutes ago, zWhiteKz said:

Keep in mind as i explain before if it scale endlessly u gonna see people go for 3-4hr + even 24hrs just to make tons and tons of kuva and then throw in ur face, DE face, player base face.

LOL.  I could care less what others do in the game with their time.  If they get tons of kuva, it wouldn't bother me at all.  I don't buy or sell rivens.  I actually give away rivens that I don't want.  Farm kuva for the ones I keep.  

No one can ever throw anything in my face about kuva because it doesn't matter to me at all.  I'm too old to worry about trivial things like that.  :smile:

Edited by DatDarkOne

4 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

This topic is (among other topics) a reason why people should be using a big fat  "In my opinion" disclaimer, instead of throwing numbers without proof reading them, yet making a wall of text out of it.

Fair point, stupid me in the future will remember to this 

1 hour ago, zWhiteKz said:

Unsure if you're mocking me for pointing it out repeatedly earlier or if you genuinely don't know what a strawman is.

I mean, you're certainly somethig, but you're not a strawman.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Unsure if you're mocking me for pointing it out repeatedly earlier or if you genuinely don't know what a strawman is.

I mean, you're certainly somethig, but you're not a strawman.

Judging by their comments, I wouldn't be so sure. 

11 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

Judging by their comments, I wouldn't be so sure. 

Oh I know they've posted strawmen, it seems to be the curse of those against scaling rewards.

I meant more that they can't physically 'be' a strawman, rendering their edit note either a sad attempt to mock or a genuine misunderstanding of the term.

Either way, pretty sad.

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Oh I know they've posted strawmen, it seems to be the curse of those against scaling rewards.

I meant more that they can't physically 'be' a strawman, rendering their edit note either a sad attempt to mock or a genuine misunderstanding of the term.

Either way, pretty sad.

It's pretty sad when you have to resort to internet logical fallacy memes as a counter. That's no skill at all. It doesn't make you look smart. It was cool and witty maybe 10 years ago on the internet, but it's not impressive anymore. You could literally go though any post and scream "logical fallacy" "strawman" "slippery slope" without saying anything at all. It's lame and cliche

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's pretty sad when you have to resort to internet logical fallacy memes as a counter. That's no skill at all. It doesn't make you look smart. It was cool and witty maybe 10 years ago on the internet, but it's not impressive anymore. 

As a counter? I'm not attempting to counter anything, I didn't quote their post, I didn't refer to any of their points in any way shape or form. You are attacking an argument that I haven't presented.

Is that... Is that yet another strawman? By Lotus it is.

Do you know what isn't smart? Posting more strawmen after I've pointed it out to you at least 3 times.

Oh, and then whining about the fact that I keep calling you out on it.

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's pretty sad when you have to resort to internet logical fallacy memes as a counter. That's no skill at all. It doesn't make you look smart. It was cool and witty maybe 10 years ago on the internet, but it's not impressive anymore. You could literally go though any post and scream "logical fallacy" "strawman" "slippery slope" without saying anything at all. It's lame and cliche

And here we go again 

"In my opinion, this, this and that", do not state opinions as facts, even less if you don't have the will to back them up. I don't care for the barking contest you two have, but I find it rather "sad" when I see such kind of behavior.

3 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

And here we go again 

"In my opinion, this, this and that", do not state opinions as facts, even less if you don't have the will to back them up. I don't care for the barking contest you two have, but I find it rather "sad" when I see such kind of behavior.

I've never started my opinion as fact. I've tried to stay on topic

Edited by Hypernaut1

I would rather not do survival and most of my friends don't have boosted accounts.    Sure the numbers look great but not for the majority of us who don't have booster accounts.  What about us? Do we get any love for trying?

pay to win kuva farm accounts sounds wrong to me and We might as well turn this into pay to win  warframe

Edited by GenomexXx

21 minutes ago, GenomexXx said:

I would rather not do survival and most of my friends don't have boosted accounts.    Sure the numbers look great but not for the majority of us who don't have booster accounts.  What about us? Do we get any love for trying?

pay to win kuva farm accounts sounds wrong to me and We might as well turn this into pay to win  warframe

Then do one of the other many options available, like Siphons, Floods, Bounties or Sorties.

Or you can provide feedback suggesting ways that the rest of the fortress can get Kuva added to it.

'Don't make survival better because I don't want to do survival' is just selfish, there's already plenty of options for people who don't want to do survival.

The whole point of scaling rewards is to give players a challenge and reward them for overcoming it, similar to how good groups can do 3-4 hydrolysts per night while others just do one. Should we limit those as well, so people with higher skill levels can't outdo the casual player?

I don't like the idea of loot communism where no one can receive a better reward for putting more effort in.

1 hour ago, Tyrian3k said:

The whole point of scaling rewards is to give players a challenge and reward them for overcoming it, similar to how good groups can do 3-4 hydrolysts per night while others just do one. Should we limit those as well, so people with higher skill levels can't outdo the casual player?

I don't like the idea of loot communism where no one can receive a better reward for putting more effort in.

Exactly my problem, we'll end up like Destiny 2 quests and missions if this goes on, we'll have all of these missions yet none of them are worthwhile and everyone gets the same reward. There is no incentive anymore, no goal to work towards and no sense of achievement. 

Edited by Sonicbullitt

Do u think i agaisnt get a shjt load of kuva to roll the rivens i like? Heck no but just slapping scaling reward as a sollution for end of be all is not ok, if u play the game long enough u will see how bad scaling can be either it be enemies or reward. Reward people with good for challenging content yes! but u reward people for playing to the Extreme knowing that DE DONT WANT US TO STAY long is just wrong on the base of it and if u say "when did DE dont want us to do long surival?" just google WF scaling, there are tons and tons of broken scaling mechanic + 1 shotting either enemies or you not to mention bug spawning enemies + cells scale number of mobs can be spawn + the risk of the host disconnect when u take all that into account u think survival for long is a part of WF core gameplay right now? ( i mean we all have match that host disconnect and someway or another we lost stuff imo )

Also the whole edit "strawman", Opinion to me have value either it be wrong nor right, opinion is opinion, i dont catagorize them, i choose to listen to them even if it a waste of time, catagorize them into thing like "strawman" is just petty perspective, so i just gonna mememify it when ever i encounter u in any thread from now on @DeMonkey

Edited by zWhiteKz
Add more of my "strawman" point

4 minutes ago, zWhiteKz said:

Also the whole edit "strawman", Opinion to me have value either it be wrong nor right, opinion is opinion, i dont catagorize them, i choose to listen to them even if it a waste of time, catagorize them into thing like "strawman" is just petty perspective, so i just gonna mememify it when ever i encounter u in any thread from now on @DeMonkey

So you really do have no idea what the term means.

I'm not categorising opinions as strawmen, I'm categorising arguments. You can have your opinion, that's absolutely fine, I'm not trying to take that from you.

It's when people purposefully misconstrue anothers point, it's when people put words in someone elses mouth, it's when you basically lie to give yourself an easy argument that I call you out for your strawman. That has absolutely nothing to do with opinion, and everything to do with dishonest posting.