Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crimsonblack

Warframe Concept: Cohedron the Wireframe (Shield only)

Recommended Posts

Other Warframe concepts:

Kankritos the Insect Plague

Obion Three

Galloglaich the Highborn

Kasaya of the Calming Incense

Cantus of Hands

Meeyas of Mists

O'Dokurai: The drum of war

Macadam: Ensnaring Tar

Sectolyst: Failed Sentient Anticounter

Quote

It was odd. Several texts we discovered made reference to the usual things. You know: Bases, a great war, some tenno effects...and yet. There are gaps in the stories. It will run along just fine, and then there's suddenly a huge gap, and these aren't natural losses, either. There are no signs of tampering. The traits are always carved, and you cannot restore the material the Orokin used. And yet here we are, looking at this block of decorative ancestry; Silky smooth and with no evidence of tampering, like someone forgot to carve here, but the parts after the hole continue a story, proving that the information here is missing. Someone is trying to hide something valuable from prying eyes.

Long pause

They weren't thorough enough.

-Grineer excavator's notes recovered in an 'abandoned' dig site.

Concept: Existing between the fabrics of the universe now, Cohedron disappeared some time during the cataclysm that saw the Orokin collapse. Its existence was forgotten as well, causing some gaps in whatever history was uncovered by the grineer and corpus. Cohedron's existence is difference from Limbo's ability to phase in and out of the void, for Cohedron exists further still between worlds after much research and development.

Due to its position in reality, it can manipulate the existence of nearby foes, controlling their bodies or changing the concept of an ally frame, allowing both effects to last before the universe corrects itself, and thus those affected.

Appearance: Having lost its original form, Cohedron's title is befitting of its new one. Having spent such a long time in the Between, it has now taken the aspect of wireframes: Transparent with an outline of its old form. Its body is still slightly lithe with large shoulders, and the top and back of its head are static displays of a type of cloth frozen in the air from strong wings blowing to Cohedron's right. The twelve strands are twisted, mostly together in random knots, and only three strands escaped that fate: Two on the left side of the warframe's head and one on the top-right. Its feet are flat rectangles with four 'bolts' sticking vertically downwards and into the ground, giving the frame some elevation.

Idol Animation: The frame reaches out, and its body brightens several times like a dying halogen tube, then stops. It looks to itself and shakes its head in disappointment before resuming its standard position.

Stats:

1 health/ 1 max rank (Unaffected by mods)

1050 shields 9pps regen out of combat with 4pps in/2250 max rank 9pps in combat with 15 out of it. Health damaging abilities damage the shields instead, but they can stack, so caution. In missions like Nightmare mode where no shields are allowed, Cohedron instead takes double shield damage.

150 armor (Affects shields)

150 energy/250 max rank

Abilities:

Passive.

(If Limbo Present: Alternate Synergy. Causes the abilities of both to cost less energy (20 max) and recharge more quickly). Bad idea?

If not present: Illogical Concept. When Cohedron takes damage when low on health, chance to phase in the Between, causing enemies to become confused for a brief moment. Cohedron cannot attack enemies for four seconds, but shields and health will recharge while in the Between. Can pull allies into the Between during revival. Lasts two seconds for allies. Doesn't affect pets.

First Ability: Core Identity(25 energy, 35 at max): Reaches to the Between and impales 3/5/6/8 enemies with existence warping power. Makes them empowered (10/12/15/18% power and health boost) and temporary allies for 3/4/5/6 seconds. When the enhancement ends, the enemies are stunned for 2 seconds from exhaustion, and allies will get nonstacking 10% damage boost for 10 seconds. Second form: Same effects, but affects UP TO 20 enemies, taking away ten energy with each enemy affected.

Second Ability: Structuring Form(50 energy. 60 max rank): Cohedron gathers theories and research from the Between and empowers allies by changing the core function of their frames. Shields are boosted by 10/12/15/22%, shield regeneration is boosted by 12/15/20/25 points-per-second, and enhances their armor values by 50/100/150/200 points for five seconds. Useful for last stands or for fleeing from swarms to regroup at a better vantage point.

Third Ability: Elasticity Derivative (15 energy per second). Cohedron uses the Between to manipulate the concepts of speed. Cohedron creates a time-bubble that expands around it and causes any enemies caught in an instant-sized bubble of 3/4/5/5 meters to lose up to fifty-percent of all speeds (Reload, movement, fire rates) and lose 15% of damage potential for 5/7/9/12 seconds. The amount of status damage they acquire depends on how long they are affected by the bubble. It takes ten seconds for full status ailments to take effect. The bubble does nothing for Cohedron. Their losses are added to the allies' boosting for what the enemy loses for the same amount. Causes 50/68/75/100 points of damage to enemies due to the slowing effects on their bodies.

Fourth Ability: Seventeenth Theorem (100 energy (5p/s energy upkeep for keeping areas up). Cohedron takes the concept of their seventeenth theory of the core functions of existence and applies it, bleeding the Between into our reality. It does not work correctly, causing it to collapse and creating randomly sized areas in a 10/12/15/20 meter radius where enemies are gradually siphoned of any capabilities once they pass through them. Every enemy affected boosts crit chance and damage, attack and reload speed, shield regeneration, and ability cooldowns of allies (Up to a max of 100% crit chance/ 50% crit damage boost/ 50% attack and reload speed/ 35 PPS regen/ -5 second cool down). The amount of enemies affected determines the extent of the boosts. Enemies take shield and health damage of 20 points per second. The more are affected the higher the damage value, going upwards of 100 per second

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really good concept! It's kinda complicated for me, I'd have to play it to fully understand it but holy cow this must have taken a lot of time to make! Great job man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, (XB1)T1me1sN0w said:

This is a really good concept! It's kinda complicated for me, I'd have to play it to fully understand it but holy cow this must have taken a lot of time to make! Great job man!

It took me ten minutes. I'm not saying this to sound like a donkey or brag. It really did take me ten minutes.

And thanks a lot for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...Wireframe....Not very  umm.. appealing, i have a suggestion; Much like atlas rumbler ability how about instead of an outline the appearance is comprised of some form of "broken shell" a vanilla frame with rustic metal with nothing significant about it, Held together by a energy not tethered to either the void and reality.

Also the idea of the powers seem to be great for your concept, however they seem to be a little ...overwhelming in some aspects, are you saying they immendiently drop 50% of there speed out of nowhere? It sounds alot like nova and i do like it, but 50% at base frame is kinda broken.

also, his fourth ability would almost instant kill most enemies of used right, it sounds like the ability will get very powerful in a matter of seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BlueAquatics said:

So...Wireframe....Not very  umm.. appealing, i have a suggestion; Much like atlas rumbler ability how about instead of an outline the appearance is comprised of some form of "broken shell" a vanilla frame with rustic metal with nothing significant about it, Held together by a energy not tethered to either the void and reality.

Also the idea of the powers seem to be great for your concept, however they seem to be a little ...overwhelming in some aspects, are you saying they immendiently drop 50% of there speed out of nowhere? It sounds alot like nova and i do like it, but 50% at base frame is kinda broken.

also, his fourth ability would almost instant kill most enemies of used right, it sounds like the ability will get very powerful in a matter of seconds.

The appearance isn't supposed to be appealing. It's supposed to have an 'incomplete' appearance because it exists within the folds of existence. Your idea would actually work as a skin, though. I possible find.

 

I'll nerf the abilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s too squishy. Shields don’t benefit from armour at all....

Ive seen many Shield-only concepts, and sadly they all fail for the same reason; shields are just too darn weak in the current game.

Additionally this frame will get one shot every time he’s affected by toxin/slash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-04-10 at 9:36 AM, Crimsonblack said:

Stats:

1 health/ 1 max rank

1050 shields 9pps regen out of combat with 4pps in/2250 max rank 9pps in combat with 15 out of it. Health damaging abilities damage the shields instead, but they can stack, so caution. In missions like Nightmare mode where no shields are allowed, Cohedron instead takes double shield damage.

 

That would be impossible to do because there's no shields in a no-shield nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

He’s too squishy. Shields don’t benefit from armour at all....

Ive seen many Shield-only concepts, and sadly they all fail for the same reason; shields are just too darn weak in the current game.

Additionally this frame will get one shot every time he’s affected by toxin/slash.

It's written, in the article, that health-related ailments only affect shields in the same manner.

The shield issue...hmmm. I can fix that, but would required a second passive.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

That would be impossible to do because there's no shields in a no-shield nightmare.

Irrelevant. The highlighted sentence is why. You read it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crimsonblack said:

It's written, in the article, that health-related ailments only affect shields in the same manner.

The shield issue...hmmm. I can fix that, but would required a second passive.

Ah, my mistake. Well, I suppose you could make it so that for this frame specifically armour effects shields as well, I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Ah, my mistake. Well, I suppose you could make it so that for this frame specifically armour effects shields as well, I guess

Hmmm. You're right. Looks like I omitted that. I always like finding solutions for issues like this which is why I tried with two different frames. No feedback, however, put a hamper on that issue. Maybe Sectolyst would benefit if it got feedback as well.

Thanks for the feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crimsonblack said:

It's written, in the article, that health-related ailments only affect shields in the same manner.

The shield issue...hmmm. I can fix that, but would required a second passive.

Irrelevant. The highlighted sentence is why. You read it.

Relevant. There are no shields in a no-shield nightmare. DE won't modify the nightmare mode to cater to one frame. Same issue applies to slash/toxin procs. You'd have to change the entire mechanics of those, which they won't do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

*Irrelevant.

The sentence provided is the solution found to counter the issues. If other shield frames are implemented, this would be an investment of time.

The main purpose being to counter the qualms with shield frames concerning health procs and nightmare mode, not 'what ifs'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Crimsonblack said:

The sentence provided is the solution found to counter the issues. If other shield frames are implemented, this would be an investment of time.

The main purpose being to counter the qualms with shield frames concerning health procs and nightmare mode, not 'what ifs'.

There are still no shields in a no-shield nightmare. You can provide as many solutions as you want, he isn't going to have shields.

And I will iterate again, the core mechanics of toxin and slash procs would have to be changed in order for your frame to function. They're designed to bypass shields, that's how they work. DE isn't going to change that just for your frame to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

There are still no shields in a no-shield nightmare. You can provide as many solutions as you want, he isn't going to have shields.

And I will iterate again, the core mechanics of toxin and slash procs would have to be changed in order for your frame to function. They're designed to bypass shields, that's how they work. DE isn't going to change that just for your frame to work.

I'm done arguing with you.

You're not the one to say what DE would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Crimsonblack said:

I'm done arguing with you.

You're not the one to say what DE would do.

DE can do as they please, with how damage currently functions your frame wouldn't survive slash and toxin procs.

If they ever decide to revamp the damage system (as they said they would get to) and make shields actually useful, then I would love to see a shield frame implemented into the game. I do like the concept but with how the game currently is several systems would need overhauled in order for them to function.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

DE can do as they please, with how damage currently functions your frame wouldn't survive slash and toxin procs.

If they ever decide to revamp the damage system (as they said they would get to) and make shields actually useful, then I would love to see a shield frame implemented into the game. I do like the concept but with how the game currently is several systems would need overhauled in order for them to function.

Slash and toxin procs would only affect shields.

Then why didn't you just say that to begin with? Yes, they would need to change a few functions just for Cohedron and the other shield-frame I designed, but that would allow the use and implementation of many more shield-only models. I could provide a second passive for Cohedron or just redo the passive here entirely that would strengthen the shields dependent on an element, perhaps that of the first ability affecting a certain number of enemies, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites