Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hei!DE ,how about give us a Paladin!!!😉

z78853760

Dear DE:

OBERON looks and sounds like a paladin, but it's actually druid. How I wish Arbiters would give us a true paladin.A true warrior, carrying out the power of truth, more like a knight, using a sword or divine Dragon lance.Through the enemy's body.Like a knight of truth and light, perhaps some divine and light elements should be given. Also, if u will make it trues,please don't use a hammer again. 😱Thanks DE,u guys always the best!!!

10 minutes ago, z78853760 said:

A true warrior, carrying out the power of truth, more like a knight, using a sword or divine Dragon lance.Through the enemy's body.Like a knight of truth and light, perhaps some divine and light elements should be given.

You just described Excalibur.

If u dont feel "paladin" enough try using Ack&Blunt with electromagnetic shielding and guardian derision + iron phoenix (not sure about the name, oberon's 3rd augment)

Since i play with setup like that i feel very paladin - tanking up the team dmg, healing, preventing from death, its my fav setup for kuva fortress

Just buff his base armor and health for godsake... Why a paladin frame only has 125 base health (lower than a bird frame called Zephyr and a ninja frame called Ash really ?) and only 150 base armor (225 for Oberon Prime, which IMO is still too low for his theme). Besides, his skill set could use a little bit polishment too.

1 hour ago, Doomsknight said:

Just buff his base armor and health for godsake... Why a paladin frame only has 125 base health (lower than a bird frame called Zephyr and a ninja frame called Ash really ?) and only 150 base armor (225 for Oberon Prime, which IMO is still too low for his theme). Besides, his skill set could use a little bit polishment too.

zephyr cant heal or increase armor. his armor value is fine. hallowed ground makes him immune to CC and status procs. only polish it needs imo is to boost casting speed a little. they have already fixed the one major issue and that was armor buff not being applies to allies if they were not present when renewal was used on hallowed ground.

One thing I'd like to see improved would be the way to re-apply (Iron) Renewal
to allies that lost the initial one due to getting nullified / going out of bounds / whatever.

Currently, you need to cancel and re-cast Renewal (and Hallowed Ground),
meaning others who were still protected will at least temporarily lose that protection,
and as always, good luck actually hitting the whole Squad on more mobile missions (even with a high-Range build).

So, how 'bout this - make Renewal an "aura" that moves with Oberon rather than an invisible sphere you place down,
have it be Affinity-ranged (it used to have infinite range so this'd hardly be an OP change in my book),
maybe even let it carry the Iron Renewal effect with it once Oberon himself has received it,
and not least allow it to re-apply its effect on allies who lost it when they come into range.

... actually, those first and last parts I wouldn't mind seeing for most if not all buffs.
E.g. missing an ally with a Roar cast and then having to wait at base 30 seconds before you can even attempt hitting them again,
which is even worse with Eternal War, where one cast can stay active for the whole mission so missing that one means you're SOL,
and what's with Elemental Ward needing an Augment for something that should be innate? None of those seem okay to me.

Plus of course, remove the silly anti-synergy with Shadows Of The Dead
uselessly draining Oberon's Energy already, see all the topics on that :P

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

One thing I'd like to see improved would be the way to re-apply (Iron) Renewal
to allies that lost the initial one due to getting nullified / going out of bounds / whatever.

Currently, you need to cancel and re-cast Renewal (and Hallowed Ground),
meaning others who were still protected will at least temporarily lose that protection,
and as always, good luck actually hitting the whole Squad on more mobile missions (even with a high-Range build).

So, how 'bout this - make Renewal an "aura" that moves with Oberon rather than an invisible sphere you place down,
have it be Affinity-ranged (it used to have infinite range so this'd hardly be an OP change in my book),
maybe even let it carry the Iron Renewal effect with it once Oberon himself has received it,
and not least allow it to re-apply its effect on allies who lost it when they come into range.

... actually, those first and last parts I wouldn't mind seeing for most if not all buffs.
E.g. missing an ally with a Roar cast and then having to wait at base 30 seconds before you can even attempt hitting them again,
which is even worse with Eternal War, where one cast can stay active for the whole mission so missing that one means you're SOL,
and what's with Elemental Ward needing an Augment for something that should be innate? None of those seem okay to me.

Plus of course, remove the silly anti-synergy with Shadows Of The Dead
uselessly draining Oberon's Energy already, see all the topics on that :P

+1. I'm that kind of player who always wants to make sure all my teammates get the (Iron) Renewal buff, but it's really difficult and frustrating to do so...

Here's a novel, and I dare to be bold enough to say, revolutionary idea.  Make this a request or a fan Concept for an exalted weapon using paladin in the fan concepts and leave Oberon out of this!  It says four times in three different locations he is a representation of balance.  He's not some "justice holy knight" or whatever, I like his druid-like capabilities and where he is.  Also if you want some exalted sword light wielder, there's Excalibur.  Stop trying to make Oberon like other warframes please.

21 hours ago, z78853760 said:

Also, if u will make it trues,please don't use a hammer again

I would much rather see a hammer styled exalted weapon come out after Khora's whip rather than a sword.  We already have exalibur for sword and it's down to sword/shield, glaive (throwing), polearms, and Maces/great hammer.

IDK, I feel like my Everquest 2 Shadowknight lol.

I use damage to myself to give me energy which I use to maintain my healing, and I siphon armor, deal AoE DoT dmg, I debuff enemy armor, and I just generally have fun face tanking enemies.  Very SKish.

IDK about a Paladin..

On 2018/4/11 at 10:08 AM, KnightCole said:

IDK, I feel like my Everquest 2 Shadowknight lol.

I use damage to myself to give me energy which I use to maintain my healing, and I siphon armor, deal AoE DoT dmg, I debuff enemy armor, and I just generally have fun face tanking enemies.  Very SKish.

IDK about a Paladin..

Glad that you are having fun with Broberon, all his abilities work except when... A Nekros summons his Shadows of the dead :-(  which means Oberon will run out of energy in a few secs... This anti-synergy really needs to be removed...

6 hours ago, Doomsknight said:

Glad that you are having fun with Broberon, all his abilities work except when... A Nekros summons his Shadows of the dead :-(  which means Oberon will run out of energy in a few secs... This anti-synergy really needs to be removed...

I agree, and ive made many posts about it, as well as my own thread.  I absolutely loathe that Nekros energy drain on Oberon.  Its got all the same logic and reasoning as 'Ember's abilities should melt Frost's snowglobe', because fire melts ice.

Dear DE:

My bros said the OBERON looks and sounds like a paladin, but it's actually druid. How I wish Arbiters would give us a true paladin.A true warrior, carrying out the power of truth, more like a knight, using a sword or divine Dragon lance.Through the enemy's body.Like a knight of truth and light, perhaps some divine and light elements should be given. Also, if u will make it trues,please don't use a hammer again. Thanks DE,u guys always the best!!!

Dear DE:

My bros said the OBERON looks and sounds like a paladin, but it's actually druid. How I wish Arbiters would give us a true paladin.Carrying out the power of truth, more like a knight, using a sword or divine Dragon lance.Through the enemy's body.Like a knight of truth and light, perhaps some divine and light elements should be given. Also, if u will make it trues,please don't use a hammer again. Thanks DE,u guys always the best!!!

Trinity P+Arcane Guardian+Galatine P, you can also fashionframe it to look like a paladin and it works like a paladin, can heal, can tank insane amounts of damage with Link-Bless and Guardian and can self sustain like most classic RPG mage-paladin classes.

Edited by kgabor

You might like Gara. Her first ability is a spear/sword that scales with melee mods, she has a huge damage resistance buff for herself and allies, and her other two abilities are nice crowd control. She's one heal away from being a perfect paladin, but you can fix that with a mod like life strike.

3 hours ago, BeeOverlord said:

You might like Gara. Her first ability is a spear/sword that scales with melee mods, she has a huge damage resistance buff for herself and allies, and her other two abilities are nice crowd control. She's one heal away from being a perfect paladin, but you can fix that with a mod like life strike.

Thanks bro,but i was talking about new warframe.

4 hours ago, kgabor said:

Trinity P+Arcane Guardian+Galatine P, you can also fashionframe it to look like a paladin and it works like a paladin, can heal, can tank insane amounts of damage with Link-Bless and Guardian and can self sustain like most classic RPG mage-paladin classes.

Trinity p more like a witch or miku,not paladin.I think paladins should looks more like knights than priests.Things like therapy we got druid(Oberon) and witch(Trinity).so i think paladin should have more Offensive holy skills,not Treatment holy skills.and because he is holy knight so can lncreased his teammates 's armor value.And,u see Suda has Octavia,Red viel has Horrow,New loka has Titania, and these warframes are the same as the corresponding group style.Arbiters looks like a inquisition,so Arbiters have paladin is just perfect.

4 hours ago, kgabor said:

So I can say that I'm proposing a new warframe.

8 minutes ago, SteamlordD said:

So, what you're looking for is an Avenger or Crusader, not a Paladin.

And technically, if you want a Paladin, there's always Rhino Palatine.

Oh, maybe a translation error, but yes, I want a warrior, a knight of the holy light, but do not want to is looks like too strong like Rhino, do you know when I imagine the this new warframe is full of religious knights and "darksouls 2" in the dragon hunter, or in the "wow" the sort of holy light knight arthas as before in my mind.