Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Kill Leaderboard and Leaderboard Notifications

aidan890

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

That's exactly how those operations went, actually. For Ambulas Reborn, all that was asked of you was 60 points to get the teraccota statue, 240 if you need the gold one (for ghost clans). That's all they ever asked of you. The fact that people did 10k points, that was of their own accord. They already got rewarded long before that, everything else is just extra they did willingly, and shouldn't be rewarded for it. Cause, even at your job, whether you give it 100% all 8 hours, every day of the week, or just half-arse it like most people do, the salary is the same each month.

in your example, the salary stays the same.

But in real life? Your bonus is heavily based on effort and hard work.

To remove competitiveness in a game is a completely ignorant move since competition is a part of HUMAN BEHAVIOUR

your lack of competitive spirit shouldn't be the standard of which other people and the clans they represent should conduct themselves, if you really want the exclusive content that might be locked behind a leaderboard work for it. Join a clan that actually plays regularly or live without the item

its that simple

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Cause, even at your job, whether you give it 100% all 8 hours, every day of the week, or just half-arse it like most people do, the salary is the same each month.

Until you get promoted for your hard work if your boss is paying attention at all.

3 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Wow, if your goal was to be as condescending as possible, you succeeded with flying colors.

I must also commend you on managing to combine both strawman arguments and labeling in a single post, you must be really proud of yourself.

If if you must know why I personally don’t care for this leaderboard (since you obviously have no clue and would strawman me if I didn’t mention it), then it’s because I am simply disinterested. Non of this bandwagon bs or...what is this...”not putting in effort”? Effort for what? Killing enemies that takes no effort whatsoever? Staying long times in endless missions (as much as I dislike endless missions) takes a magnitude more effort.

Oh, and one more thing...if your trying to be funny with the whole mentioning bandwagon 3 times, then don’t.

so you're saying if there was proper incentive included to leaderboard events you'd be more interested?

5 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

That's exactly how those operations went, actually. For Ambulas Reborn, all that was asked of you was 60 points to get the teraccota statue, 240 if you need the gold one (for ghost clans). That's all they ever asked of you. The fact that people did 10k points, that was of their own accord. They already got rewarded long before that, everything else is just extra they did willingly, and shouldn't be rewarded for it. Cause, even at your job, whether you give it 100% all 8 hours, every day of the week, or just half-arse it like most people do, the salary is the same each month.

There is no need for me to comment on this. @--Q--Phanini did it better than I ever could.

vor 33 Minuten schrieb --RV--Exenon:

That's the point of rewards, in any game with a leaderboard that I've played, there has always been a reward at the top of it.
It's a way of granting players gratification like:

"Hey look, you took the time to grind, you rescheduled your time just to get to the top, here you go have some reward"

Believe it or not most competitive people have lives, like stuff they do on a daily basis, be it work / school / etc...

i guess the would be nothing wrong with an syandana that you can only equip when you are in the top ten/hundred, but nothing useful should be locked behind some stupid leaderboard.

Because Leaderbords only serve one thing and that is a competition in who can brake the game the most.

3 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Probably not (just not my thing), I’m just particularly annoyed with bad argumentation techniques.

I’m strange like that.

You probably read that wrong, it wasn't a a post backing an argument, it's my representation of what the comments on this post are like.
If you have no interest in leaderboards, forget it. And this posts discussion probably isn't for you.

This post was also about leaderboard events, operations and such. Not a leader board reward for kills.

1 minute ago, --RV--Exenon said:

You probably read that wrong, it wasn't a a post backing an argument, it's my representation of what the comments on this post are like.
If you have no interest in leaderboards, forget it. And this posts discussion probably isn't for you.

This post was also about leaderboard events, operations and such. Not a leader board reward for kills.

Even if you weren’t arguing for something, you still strawmanned and labeled a bunch of people. That’s where I start to draw the line, so to speak. Intention means nothing if it’s poorly delivered.

Just now, Darkuhn said:

1. Primed Chamber

2. Ignis Wraith Blueprint and 3000 Clan Exp

1. I forgot that mod exists, and it's honestly not worth the slot IMO

2. The blueprint for the Ignis can be traded, and it's not like clan levels actually matter currently.

2 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Even if you weren’t arguing for something, you still strawmanned and labeled a bunch of people. That’s where I start to draw the line, so to speak. Intention means nothing if it’s poorly delivered.

Opinions mate.

2 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

RIP Leaderboards. Hopefully there is a solution for competitive gameplay that doesn't become "temporary" like the removal of Trials. Most people think that those leaderboards are pretty useless, but some people worked very hard for those leaderboards, and it is sad that minority is getting cut from the boards. I hope Void Onslaught promotes this sort of gameplay and rewards players for it, otherwise it will be another Incident Archive 2318-H where it is played for 1-2 weeks and abandoned.

yea im sure a lot of people 'worked' very hard to make scripts to get those kills, give those poor chaps a clap folks.

1 minute ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Theory question here, say that all the clans that did have access to ignis blueprint creation disbanded? What would happen to the weapon? 

Considering the chances of that actually happening, I don't think that will be an issue.

3 minutes ago, reapr56 said:

yea im sure a lot of people 'worked' very hard to those scripts to get those kills, give those poor chaps a clap folks.

if I knew how to insert gifs I would insert one about the point going directly over you head

2 minutes ago, Divious said:

I was aware of leaderboards but did not care for them. Ive got resources to farm damn it.

as I'm sure it doesn't personally affect the two of you, it does however have a lasting effect on niche communities who enjoy this sort of content.

vor 1 Minute schrieb --Q--Stryker:

2. The blueprint for the Ignis can be traded, and it's not like clan levels actually matter currently.

yes it can be traded, and most people with access to it will charge like a "vitality" but you can't get the Clan research. 

Regarding the current usefulness of Clan levels: At the moment you are right, it doesn't matter.

But those 3000 exp could lead to the same discussions that emerge regularly about Founder Items and Mastery and I have no interest in having that again.

Just now, Darkuhn said:

yes it can be traded, and most people with access to it will charge like a "vitality" but you can't get the Clan research. 

Regarding the current usefulness of Clan levels: At the moment you are right, it doesn't matter.

But those 3000 exp could lead to the same discussions that emerge regularly about Founder Items and Mastery and I have no interest in having that again.

if you have no interest in bringing up a discussion regarding said hot topic, why did you bring it up..?

When clan levels start to matter, DE will relook at the ignis wraith situation, simple as that. Until then its available to the clans who earned it and whoever they wish to trade it to

1 minute ago, --Q--Phanini said:

if I knew how to insert gifs I would insert one about the point going directly over you head

Bottom right, insert other media, then insert image from URL

3 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

@--Q--Phanini beat me to it.

vor 1 Minute schrieb --Q--Phanini:

it does however have a lasting effect on niche communities who enjoy this sort of content.

And as you said they are "niche communities" so why should the majority have to deal with unwanted leaderboards just for a "Niche" part of the Community? 

If the "niche" Part would get some Dojo Room/Decoration to make custom Leaderboards for their Clan/Alliance they could get their Competition without affecting the other Parts of the Community which doesn't want competition.

Archived