Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Kill Leaderboard and Leaderboard Notifications

aidan890

9 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

there aren't gona be event leaderboards

Now this would make me ang-herr-ey. Care to share where you got that from? If there are no leaderboards on that event or overall no specific rewards for clans that are trying their best, then I'll saltily join in.

1 minute ago, Redeye said:

Now this would make me ang-herr-ey. Care to share where you got that from? If there are no leaderboards on that event or overall no specific rewards for clans that are trying their best, then I'll saltily join in.

Both on devstream and on the recent onslaught update details, they never mention any kind of operation or anything of the sort. If there is going to be an operation, then they really keeping it a suprise.
Only thing they said, it's that onslaught will have leaderboards like defenses and survivals do

2 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

The issue is, there aren't gona be event leaderboards, onslaught is just going to get added to the game with no operation backing it which is disapointing.

Oh. Well then, A-grou-grou, as oui say. (this is disappointing indeed).

Edit: Wait, wait wait. The fact we get no Operation on the onslaugt has nothing to do with the OP, does it? I'm kind of lost.

7 hours ago, --Q--Phanini said:

if I knew how to insert gifs I would insert one about the point going directly over you head

as I'm sure it doesn't personally affect the two of you, it does however have a lasting effect on niche communities who enjoy this sort of content.

And it will come back better than ever when DE has figured out and listened to the community on how best to improve it. You just laid out. Its niche. Maybe Id like to enjoy the leaderboards too, but the first leaderboard Im shown is the speed obstacle course and the idiots who glitched the system and got 0.1 second lap times have turned me off even trying to take any leaderboard in Warframe serious. Yes, the latest survival runs done by the Twitch streamers was cool, but lets not jump over the fact that DE themselves are explaining to us that having the leaderboards set up right now in its current state is detrimental to ALL OF US, not just your little niche group.

10 hours ago, Synpai said:

Winning

But really, I do hope those that choose to have avenues to compete; However, in many ways these competitions don't involve skill so much as availability/willingness.

I totally agree with you. But on a off note; your statement got me thinking about skill in warframe and a way to put it in to perspective. Every game accentually falls on availability/willingness but you develop skills by playing them such as aim, reaction time, hand eye ability to focus your mind on the battle field and absorb it all in a second and then execute it without hesitation due to your skills that have now became instinct. But to prove a Tenno's skills to me is to witness there instinct unleashed and support them in anyway I can. Like a creepy uncle.

1 hour ago, (XB1)S0b1t said:

As clan leader, I use kill leaderboards to see member activity for week. Last login doesnt mean activity...

Isnt greatest measure but only thing found as quick reference.

I did something like that with Raids but they too are R.I.P. now I monitor and promote activity and posts on our forum page and webpage. I do this in a way that they have to show there work but in a fun / active way. Like screen shots of fashion frame & CONCLAVE VS MEMBERS. But yea I fill your struggle.

I am not opposed to this move as it will only better our connectivity, the only downfall I foresee is having a easy way to keep tabs of amounts during any type of "Kill event, whether clan or alliance". We host them often and refer to leaderboards for amounts.

No biggie though, as players can send via mission end screenshot. Yay psn spam😋 Just more work for the event host lol. 

2 hours ago, Divious said:

And it will come back better than ever when DE has figured out and listened to the community on how best to improve it. You just laid out. Its niche. Maybe Id like to enjoy the leaderboards too, but the first leaderboard Im shown is the speed obstacle course and the idiots who glitched the system and got 0.1 second lap times have turned me off even trying to take any leaderboard in Warframe serious. Yes, the latest survival runs done by the Twitch streamers was cool, but lets not jump over the fact that DE themselves are explaining to us that having the leaderboards set up right now in its current state is detrimental to ALL OF US, not just your little niche group.

I'm not against the removal of this particular portion of the leaderboards, I'm worried about where it leads. Raids were removed on the basis that it was buggy and not many people knew about it, but truth is it was end-game, fun and there were people who loved them. You say they will return, but when? Dark sectors have been gone for YEARS and you still say DE will "reimplement" them with such confidence that its starting to look like ignorance. It could be YEARS before raids return, and if I'm wrong I'm happy. But what if I'm right? Leaderboard events are nothing new, and only kill leaderboards are a niche community, but overall events? We've already seen what a non-leaderboard event looks like with plague star, that was legitimately an insult that trophies returned. DE is slowly stripping away any competitive fun in this game whatsoever, and you think it will return soon? Read the signs, look at the trends; it'll be years before any raids or dark sectors return.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Steelergurl33 said:

Why not remove lunaro and or conclave? Sure player numbers are slacking there👌

because removing content that players enjoy isn't exactly the way things works

The way i see it there are too many skill-less ways to get high killcounts that really only test your ability to cheese certain mechanics or how thicc your diaper is. 

Neither of these rely solely on skill. 

Perhaps set up a game mode with only an unmodded excal with no abilities and only unmodded skana lato braton that gets harder by ten levels every ten minutes and then track those who stay in the longest. No consumables no pets no powers. No team members. 

But.. even then someone  WILL  fins out how to cheese it. 

Competition in this game has always boiled down to who can cheese the hardest for the most time. A truly terrible reality for such a great game. 

Maybe operator vs operator pvp with latos or slappers only. 

Nah. Even then there would be disadvantages to those with lesser rigs and internet. 

Competition in this game will never be balanced and real just like the variety of playable characters and situational usefulness of them, depending on the situation. And since not everyone has all the same stuff and is forced to use the same tools, any idea of competition is an illusion only held together by ones ego and delusion. 

If the devs spent more time focused on player clan and alliance interaction and cooperation the game would be much farther along by now, in my opinion. And would probably have a more dedicated community than just all of us no lifers 

So everything hardcore about Warframe that competitive veterans love is being dumbed down.  Trials and leaderboards was removed.  Most clan events that are added don’t have leaderboards.  I choose to keep playing this game over destiny 2 because I thought it wasn’t casual but now I can tell it’s heading that way.  We are in a time in gaming  where everyone gets a paraticipation trophy, almost like it’s frowned on to be competitive anymore.  Well it’s been fun👍

5 hours ago, (PS4)Steelergurl33 said:

Why not remove lunaro and or conclave? Sure player numbers are slacking there👌

I agree funny how the raids and leaderboards were removed.  You can’t be competitive in this game anymore apparently.

Honestly, I think the Kill Leaderboards need to stay. I get that most junior players and junior clans either don't know about this or don't care, and you probably really want small clans to be able to grow, but for senior players and clans this is a very big deal!

Clans like to be able to compete against each other to be able to claim their status above each other. Removing this will eliminate this and result in false claims about how great and active their clans are. This will probably also cause a lot of senior players to move on to other games where they can still have this competition, since Conclave is barely touched by the majority of players. At least on Xbox.

Again, I understand the purpose of trying to make this game both friendly and balanced between skilled and new players, and that it is stressful to constantly update and puts a strain on the servers when you do, but if you look at a certain game that released late last year, it received A LOT of negative feedback when it decided to do that as well. Games should always try to find a way to have a balanced system while also displaying who the best are.

Now if you are planning to apply a new system to replay the leaderboards to show the competitiveness between players and clans, I think that should be implemented first before removing them. Just like what should have happened with the new Dark Sectors before removing Trials, as there is currently no real end-game content other than tri-capping. But even that gets old and tiring after a while.

Also, the leaderboards do, in a way, create a more social environment for the game. A lot of players love knowing that they are in a top clan, and show their commitment to the clan and increasing it's Tier this way. If leaderboards are taken away, there will be one less reason for them to remain in their clan, making them want to leave and move to create their own, which would begin hurting the clans that lose players and reducing the Clan Tiers and their social activeness, resulting in players choosing to opt-out of the co-op aspect of the game and instead playing more for themselves than anyone else.

Now, I am not one of these players who will do any of this. I'm really not. But there are a lot of players who do always think this way. They just won't admit how they truly feel, mostly because they think agreeing with every decision you make will keep them in your good graces if they kiss @$$ and don't speak their mind.

Put simply, if you're going to take something out of the game that a lot of players enjoy having, then you should have something to replace it with and that should be placed in the game either before or at the same time you make the removal.

As a warlord of an active clan, I always keep eye on my clan weekly kills leaderboard, and clan top. it help me to understand how my clan activeness.

I will miss it. like to see something weekly or even monthly clan leaderboard will show my clan current position, to keep my clan as competitive with other success clan.

Not sure if I am able to make it understandable to you. 

11 hours ago, --Q--Phanini said:

I'm not against the removal of this particular portion of the leaderboards, I'm worried about where it leads. Raids were removed on the basis that it was buggy and not many people knew about it, but truth is it was end-game, fun and there were people who loved them. You say they will return, but when? Dark sectors have been gone for YEARS and you still say DE will "reimplement" them with such confidence that its starting to look like ignorance. It could be YEARS before raids return, and if I'm wrong I'm happy. But what if I'm right? Leaderboard events are nothing new, and only kill leaderboards are a niche community, but overall events? We've already seen what a non-leaderboard event looks like with plague star, that was legitimately an insult that trophies returned. DE is slowly stripping away any competitive fun in this game whatsoever, and you think it will return soon? Read the signs, look at the trends; it'll be years before any raids or dark sectors return.

Hell yes you are right. I absolutely agree. I field questions from new clan members frequently on why cant we build the solar rails, or what is it I mean when I talk about clan based events.(Pacifism and ambulas to name 2).

I agree wholeheartedly that they are stripping away the competitiveness. 2 months of unvaulting? The P2P trading took a huge hit in plat prices. Raids were my best source of credits and sculptures before the advent of the lecta and the index. Now credits are trivial. Sculptures are supplemented by sorties always dropping Anasa sculptures.

Again I'll say. I agree with you 100%. Just that I know from a newbie point of view. Everything DE's done has been for my benefit and that is what I am going to go by. We live or die by how a newbie perceives or adapts to the game.

So when I get asked by my newbie clan members what this kill leaderboard is. Ima just tell them, it was something for veterans to care about and that they should work on completing all the quests in the game first before they think of such things.

Archived